Ello'

Ello'

Postby VampireKitten » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 pm

My name is Candace and I am new around these here parts. I am 24, live in Los Angeles with my boyfriend and two semi-retarded fur babies (kitty cats). I just thought I would introduce myself and pull out of the awful “2012 Ticket” boards for a bit and read the rest of the site were people aren’t as angry.

Burning man has been a dream of mine since I was 16, this year is supposed to be the first year I get to go. My boyfriend put in for tickets for the lottery to surprise me for Valentine’s day, but we had a credit card snafu and didn’t get picked anyway. So here is hoping for the end of March.

I am personally an artist of all sorts. I model, do photography, make costumes, etc etc.

So hello!!! Hopefully I’ll get to meet everyone personally this year and get to roll around in that magical Playa dust.

<3
VK
VampireKitten

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Ello'

Postby jella » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Welcome Candace, I love the name Vampirekitten too :).
I've had a few of those hehe. I wish you much success in your ticket purchase.
Hold on to hope and stay positive. We have lots of nice places to visit besides the ticket threads.
Costume creating, the bar , one item a day...lots. We aren't all mean...well not all the time anyway :wink:
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby graidawg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 pm

hi great name
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi VampireKitten!

Good idea, browsing the rest of the site . . . :) There's a lot here besides ticket-talk. The "Preparation" forum is intensely useful, and the "Open Discussion" forum is very social.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby tamarakay » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Those ticket threads can be a big train wreck no? I don't want to go read them, but somehow despite my best efforts there I am. Then I say, ok I'll read I just won't post. I have to sit on my hands at times, but I've managed!

Welcome to Eplaya! Keep in mind that those people on the ticket threads on both sides of the argument dearly love TTITD and that love brings out our fierceness. Each of them would help you pound in your rebar and help you catch your blowing away tent. So, as I keep reminding myself, pick your battles and love love love.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby jella » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm

tamarakay wrote:Those ticket threads can be a big train wreck no? I don't want to go read them, but somehow despite my best efforts there I am. Then I say, ok I'll read I just won't post. I have to sit on my hands at times, but I've managed!

Welcome to Eplaya! Keep in mind that those people on the ticket threads on both sides of the argument dearly love TTITD and that love brings out our fierceness. Each of them would help you pound in your rebar and help you catch your blowing away tent. So, as I keep reminding myself, pick your battles and love love love.

Well said Tamarkay , and soo true...once the ticket situation settles down and The creating begins....In no time the community will be busy building that is which is Black Rock City HOME
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 pm

tamarakay wrote:Each of them would help you pound in your rebar and help you catch your blowing away tent.

I might not be a lot of help on those practical matters...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby ygmir » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Savannah wrote:Hi VampireKitten!

Good idea, browsing the rest of the site . . . :) There's a lot here besides ticket-talk. The "Preparation" forum is intensely useful, and the "Open Discussion" forum is very social.

you forgot "funny and informative".............Savannah.

Welcome VK!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Savannah » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:16 pm

ygmir wrote:
Savannah wrote:Hi VampireKitten!

you forgot "funny and informative".............Savannah.

Did I? :wink:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby VampireKitten » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Thank you guys very much, I look forward to participating with you all (hopefully in person).
VampireKitten

Burning Since: 2012

Return to Introduce Yourself!