Hello from Tucson!

Hello from Tucson!

Postby moonwatcher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Well...here I am. Made it to ePlaya.
I have been lurking for a while. I guess it's time I surfaced and introduced myself. I'm a Burning Man virgin.

I have been drawn to Burning Man for many many many years. My wife and I used to live in San Francisco until about 10yrs ago and have been aware of BM for a long time. Why we did not go before? It's a mystery. Some of it due to circumstances: money, jobs (or lack of), family issues, bad timing...
That being said, I've always known that Burning Man was an event made for me. And for the last several months, I was aiming straight for the playa in 2012.
But lost the lottery. I've never been lucky with drawings and lotteries (true!). Currently I feel like a chump for only registering once for 2 tickets (my wife and I).

But I am not losing hope, just yet. We will see how things play out.

Looking forward to meeting you all one day!
Buy the ticket, take the ride!
moonwatcher

Re: Hello from Tucson!

Postby tamarakay » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey! Welcome to the madhouse of eplaya. I love your picture, I have a thing for the moon.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Savannah » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 pm

You're right, that IS a beautiful avatar. :)

Moonwatcher, please don't feel like a chump for registering once like an honest person. If you're still interested in attending, get your time off, save some cash, make a pack list and a shop list, and tell your friends you're looking so they'll think of you if they hear of some spares. There's still STEP and the Open Sale to come, and every June, like clockwork, people drop out once life starts getting real and school, work, family or fate starts shuttin' down vacations. Don't place any non-refundable deposits, maybe, but--if your life is amenable--be ready. I fervently hope you will be lucky. Despite the pain of being denied a ticket that you may be seeing around you in the community, virgins are welcome on the playa. Something about being there brings out the best in virtually all of us.

Sometimes the worst too, but that is usually rectified with a nap and a Sprite. :lol:

Welcome to the board.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!