So glad I'm here!

So glad I'm here!

Postby LastNight » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey guys! Let me introduce myself. My name is Laura,I'm 17 (18 in may!!!).
I'm from Nebraska, I have pink and blue hair, and I'm a part time nanny,and I'm finishing up my last year of high school.

When I found out I got my ticket, I FREAKED. I almost cried, because I've had a pretty shitty life,And I've never been completely free to be my self. I had/have very controlling parents, and the only place I feel like I can be any thing I want, is at my sister in laws, Sheila's. So burning man is this amazing place in my mind...and I can't wait to go this year, and meet all of you :)
Make way for the crazy train.
LastNight

Re: So glad I'm here!

Postby Finxiekins » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm

LastNight wrote:Hey guys! Let me introduce myself. My name is Laura,I'm 17 (18 in may!!!).
I'm from Nebraska, I have pink and blue hair, and I'm a part time nanny,and I'm finishing up my last year of high school.

When I found out I got my ticket, I FREAKED. I almost cried, because I've had a pretty shitty life,And I've never been completely free to be my self. I had/have very controlling parents, and the only place I feel like I can be any thing I want, is at my sister in laws, Sheila's. So burning man is this amazing place in my mind...and I can't wait to go this year, and meet all of you :)

Great new post, lil sis! :D You guys will love meeting her in person! She has a great story to tell, and she's been through a lot, but she's one of the coolest people ever. Love her bunches!
Finxiekins

Postby LastNight » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Finxiekins wrote:
LastNight wrote:Hey guys! Let me introduce myself. My name is Laura,I'm 17 (18 in may!!!).

Great new post, lil sis! :D You guys will love meeting her in person! She has a great story to tell, and she's been through a lot, but she's one of the coolest people ever. Love her bunches!

yay! I've been approved by everyone's favorite sheilaa!
LastNight

Postby Finxiekins » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:00 pm

LastNight wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:

yay! I've been approved by everyone's favorite sheilaa!

My name is Sheila Finxiekins and I approve this message.
Finxiekins

Postby Savannah » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi LastNight. :) I'm glad you have a big sis-in-law like Finxiekins. Congratulations on your ticket.

Burning Man is indeed an amazing place, although experiences certainly differ--some attendees love it, some have an okay time but find that once is enough, and a few people leave during the first big dust-storm of the week. How you'll take to it is part of the adventure. So--read the Survival Guide linked below, release your expectations, and we'll see you in the desert.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby tamarakay » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am

Hello and welcome! Read, read, read the survival guide and the prep threads. If you have any questions just holler! Lots of very helpful people around here.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby LastNight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am

tamarakay wrote:Hello and welcome! Read, read, read the survival guide and the prep threads. If you have any questions just holler! Lots of very helpful people around here.

I've been lurking the threads for the past few days, there's a lot of interesting talk goin' on in there!
LastNight

Postby LastNight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 am

Savannah wrote:Hi LastNight. :) I'm glad you have a big sis-in-law like Finxiekins. Congratulations on your ticket.

Burning Man is indeed an amazing place, although experiences certainly differ--some attendees love it, some have an okay time but find that once is enough, and a few people leave during the first big dust-storm of the week. How you'll take to it is part of the adventure. So--read the Survival Guide linked below, release your expectations, and we'll see you in the desert.

She's the best big sister eevvverrr!
Aye aye captain, will do!
LastNight

Postby bluberryln » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 am

Hello,

Life was similar for me when I was your age. I left and traveled. I had to get to me. It took me about 4 years to really let myself flourish after being suppressed for so long. I hope you have a great time at BM. It sounds like you will be there for good reasons and will get a lot out of it! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you there.
bluberryln

Postby LastNight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am

bluberryln wrote:Hello,

Life was similar for me when I was your age. I left and traveled. I had to get to me. It took me about 4 years to really let myself flourish after being suppressed for so long. I hope you have a great time at BM. It sounds like you will be there for good reasons and will get a lot out of it! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you there.

I can not wait to get out of here and just be myself. I'm turning 18 may 26th,and I can't wait!
LastNight

Postby dangerous » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 am

hello and welcome Laura!

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Postby Elderberry » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:08 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!