New Adult Looking To Find Self! Tampa!

New Adult Looking To Find Self! Tampa!

Postby BuddhaNic » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi! My name is Nic and I will be turning 18 on the fifth of June 2012! FINALLY!

A quick over view of myself: Grew up in a very rough family situation. Had my battle with depression and suicide and I really got to see the shitty aspects of life. BUT, the past 2 years or so I've been reading up a lot on Buddhism and realized that I have always lived my life trying to be happy, and to make others just as, if not more, happy as I am today!

I heard about burning man about 2 years ago and ever since then I have been thinking and DREAMING about it nonstop. I literally keep myself up at night wishing for the opportunity to go. Every single aspect of BM interests me greatly. I am always being told how much older I seem simply because of how quickly I had to mature in life due to the family issues. I've been waiting and the past 6 months have saved up close to 1500 dollars, keep in mind I make 7.31 working 3 hour shifts at a grocery store while also holding a pretty steady social life, schooling as well as being a member of the Tampa Bay Pipes and Drums. That's right, I play Bagpipes and have loved doing it for close to 8 years.

I want to be home. I want to meet all of these amazingly interesting people as well as express myself because here, I am surrounded by materialistic children.

I not only want, but NEED Burning Man. I'm still trying to buy a ticket as well as coordinate how I will be getting there. I am currently looking at flights and possible driving costs.

I'd love to meet all of you who took the time to read this, please message me and we can help each other make a new friendship. :)

Soon to see you, Nic. :)
BuddhaNic

Re: New Adult Looking To Find Self! Tampa!

Postby lemur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 pm

welcome to bun ring man.

i am sure you'll find all sortsa ways to entertain yourself.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Hello 2.0!

(Replied to your post about cc logistics).

Best of luck to you in your quest.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!