2012 Virgin...let me be the one time i win a lottery!!

2012 Virgin...let me be the one time i win a lottery!!

Postby letmysmilebeyours » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey everyone! Thought i would give a quick introduction to get the ball rolling on meeting some veteran burners along with virgin burners like myself!! At the moment my name's Brett...when I get to BM I will have thought of something much more smile inducing :D.

Im registered, im waiting, and hopeful to get tickets for this amazing experience. A friend and I will be travelling down all the way from Vancouver Canada to participate! We are already throwing around gift ideas and activities to help in meeting as many people as can, and to help make anyone elses trip a great one as well!

I cant emphasize how excited we are! I am still in the midst of reading all the guides and articles on what to expect, bring, and prep myself for what can only be described as a "bucket list" experience and maybe even a continueing pilgramage!

Anyway look forward to chatting and meeting people on here as well as sharing all the love and community this event is bringing to the world!
The hair got longer and the beard got bigger, the colours got brighter and the smile turned wider, all because my mind was set free
letmysmilebeyours

Re: 2012 Virgin...let me be the one time i win a lottery!!

Postby JDCookMS » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey Brett, welcome to eplaya. I'm a birgin myself, so I know exactly what you're going through... here's the link to the Survival Guide: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/event_survival/ and there is A LOT of information here on the forums for you. I know that the biggest things with gifts, that I've been told, are: 1. make certain that it's something that you would like to receive, because otherwise it will probably become moop 2. our presence as birgins is a gift and they want us to get involved and be active out on the playa.

Anyways, I'm certain that experienced burners will be along shortly with all sorts of other advice. :)
JDCookMS

Postby Elderberry » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Thinking of it as a lottery (that is, drawing with few winners and many losers) is inaccurate and will do your head in. 40K tickets are in the main sale. Even if you're only in at the first tier, that's 10,000 tickets being awarded - far better odds than a lottery ;) Welcome to the site, and good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby letmysmilebeyours » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks for the guide thanks for the welcome and thanks for the extra reassurance!! Positive vibes and good karma will hopefully prevail!!
The hair got longer and the beard got bigger, the colours got brighter and the smile turned wider, all because my mind was set free
letmysmilebeyours

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 am

Hi Brett!
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby NessaZee » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 am

heya from Edmonton!
:mrgreen:

.....i can't believe you've not won the lottery before.
not even two dolla?
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~
NessaZee

Postby letmysmilebeyours » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 am

Hey friends!

To nessa...I GUESS if we were splitting hairs...i have one a couple dolla...however this lottery the jackpot for 40,000 lucky buyers seems more in the realm of bc's lotto max!! Time will tell but that entire time ill be smiling!
letmysmilebeyours

Postby SquirrelHead » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am

Welcome fellow virgin! I too am waiting on my golden ticket email saying welcome home! You will learn a ton of information and meet a lot of cool people on eplaya.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

It's like a flamingo circle jerk up in here. - BoyScoutGirl
SquirrelHead

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby illy dilly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 am

Hey Brett, Welcome to eplaya!

Like JDcooks said, read the survival guide for the basics and bare minimum. Then, read the shit out of ePlaya to find ways to make your week in BRC a little more comfortable, a little more classy, and a lot more fun!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Introduce Yourself!