New burner/s looking to connect!!

New burner/s looking to connect!!

Postby Litup » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 am

My name is Alanna and my boyfriend and I are hoping to attend for the first time this year. We're in North Idaho so transportation is a bit of an issue with everything we'll have to bring. We've been talking about it for years, but it seems like we've talked enough and it's time to come and join in the burn. :)
Looking for any advice other than what we can get off the official website and google!
Litup

Burning Since: 2012

Re: New burner/s looking to connect!!

Postby Rice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 am

Litup wrote:My name is Alanna and my boyfriend and I are hoping to attend for the first time this year. We're in North Idaho so transportation is a bit of an issue with everything we'll have to bring. We've been talking about it for years, but it seems like we've talked enough and it's time to come and join in the burn. :)
Looking for any advice other than what we can get off the official website and google!

Hi Litup! Welcome to ePlaya...

I drive down from Canada (through Montana, Idaho, Nevada) so it is possible. It does require a bit of planning and takes longer than those SF burners to get to BRC.

You might want to get in touch with your closest BM regional group: http://regionals.burningman.com/us_id.html

See ya on the playa..
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby JDCookMS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:53 am

Hey Litup,

Welcome to ePlaya. This is my first year going as well and I'm driving out from Mississippi (~34 hour drive) so one way or another I'm sure that we'll all make it. But, the whole talking about it and never going thing seems to be a recurring them amongst people... but, we only live once so lets make the most out of it. :D
JDCookMS

Postby forge » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 am

Hi this will be my 2nd year going to the playa. I'm coming from Southern California. Looking forward to seeing you out there.
forge

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Alanna! :)

The board is full of advice, so read up & enjoy. (The more clear it is that you've researched a bit before asking, the nicer people here tend to be when you're truly stumped.)

Welcome . . .
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to Introduce Yourself!