Why Hello There!

Why Hello There!

Postby Ozzy3421 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:18 am

Good Day All!

New burner here and planning on coming to the 2012 burn! Extremely excited about doing this, its been one roller coaster of a year and am looking to experience life to the fulliest and get to meet fellow burners and have a great time!

I've recently moved to the Denver, CO area and am looking to see if there are any other folks from the CO area! I will most likely be heading out Solo for my first Burning Man experience!

Nice to meet you all!

Ozzy
Lovin' Life
Ozzy3421

Re: Why Hello There!

Postby remi » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:24 am

Welcome to eplaya. Hope to see you on the playa!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby tamarakay » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:34 am

Someone will be along to post a link to the regionals soon, which i highly recommend you look into. But yes, there are is an eplayan or two from your area.

Welcome to Eplaya and we all look forward to getting to know you!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Elderberry » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby illy dilly » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Ozzy3421 wrote:am looking to see if there are any other folks from the CO area! I will most likely be heading out Solo for my first Burning Man experience!

tamarakay wrote: But yes, there are is an eplayan or two from your area.

There might not be many of us, but were some of the best! :wink:

Ozzy, welcome to eplaya, and welcome to CO!
When did you move into the area?
Go hit up https://lists.burningman.com/mailman/listinfo/denver-announce

On another note, what part of Denver are you in?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Ozzy3421 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Illy!

Glad to know that's a cuople other folks out therrrr!

I live up by DIA and have been here for about 6 months now, what neck of the wood you around?

Thanks for the link and the welcomes! I've been wanting to do this for a while now and finally have the opportunity! And i'm also no longer on the East Coast and logistically this is much better!
Lovin' Life
Ozzy3421

Postby illy dilly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm at roughly, I25 and Evans Ave.
Sorta by the Dave and Busters, but not really.

Even from Denver its not Logistically easy. Its about 1200 miles each way. I recommend I25, north to I80, and west on I80 all the way to Fernley. Avoid getting off the highway in Salt Lake City, unless your familiar with the area. Someone else from there might come along and tell you its not that confusing, but last time I tried it wasn't easy.

Who all do you plan to go with in 2012?
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby Ozzy3421 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I got a big crew going at the moment.... Me, Myself and I!

haha i'm a bit of an adventurous person and love taking risks and trying new things. I got a few friends out here as of now since i havent really been in the area that long and am trying to convince at least 1 of them to tag a long for the ride.
Lovin' Life
Ozzy3421

Postby Savannah » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Ozzy! :)

You might have better results (socially) by attending Regionals and meeting other local Burners already highly interested in attending. Any friend you have to persuade more than the littlest amount is likely to drop out on you in May or June (bad), or require a babysitter on the playa itself (worse).
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby illy dilly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Ozzy3421 wrote:I got a big crew going at the moment.... Me, Myself and I!

DAMN!!!
Your gonna have to register with the BMorg to bring a camp that big!!! :wink:

Savannah brings up regionals.....
Which is sorta a sore spot in CO right now since they cant find a place large enough to hold our Decompression. So there have been a few "un-official" decompression parties around.

(thanks for the salt in the wound Savannah) :wink:

There is a place here in Denver that is pretty reliable called Guild Works. I think they have a facebook, but I don't know. They tend to not post a whole lot of stuff publicly, to my knowledge.

There are also the weekly Potluck Meet'n'Greets.... Vibes has been to 1 or 2 of them. I have yet to make it to one.
http://eplaya.burningman.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=55511

Keep in touch over the next few months. As time moves along plans for camp Gnome Dome will as well, I'll keep you posted.
illy dilly

Postby Teejayus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:19 am

Hey Ozzy!
Bruv I'm heading over for the 2012 burn too. First timer. From Australia. Keen to share a madventure with ya mate. I'll be RV'ing from SAN Fran if you are interested in joining ship let me know! Heck anyone reading this and wants a travel buddy lemme know. You will have to bring a tent. Only one bed in the small rv and it is all me haha! It has a camp kitchen for two etc.. I may hire a trailer to take extra tarps and water to make a nice cozy camp. Plenty of room for your supplies and a nice seat up the front for epic adventures. Co pilot WANTED!! All i want from my trusty co pilot is default emotion HAPPINESS. No sad woe is me music on your ipod. If it looks sketchy, we are going to investigate. The ride there will be just as epic as the burn trust that! If you are financially sound for yourself and keen lets boogy! Drop me a line. Male, female, yankie, import whatever. No crackies!! Me i'm male, 30 and have a filthy mouth. Never bungeed but i think i'm ready you dig?
Stay classy
Do good. Do work.
Teejayus

Postby AntiM » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:56 am

Teejayus wrote:Hey Ozzy!
Bruv I'm heading over for the 2012 burn too. First timer. From Australia. Keen to share a madventure with ya mate. I'll be RV'ing from SAN Fran if you are interested in joining ship let me know! Heck anyone reading this and wants a travel buddy lemme know. You will have to bring a tent. Only one bed in the small rv and it is all me haha! It has a camp kitchen for two etc.. I may hire a trailer to take extra tarps and water to make a nice cozy camp. Plenty of room for your supplies and a nice seat up the front for epic adventures. Co pilot WANTED!! All i want from my trusty co pilot is default emotion HAPPINESS. No sad woe is me music on your ipod. If it looks sketchy, we are going to investigate. The ride there will be just as epic as the burn trust that! If you are financially sound for yourself and keen lets boogy! Drop me a line. Male, female, yankie, import whatever. No crackies!! Me i'm male, 30 and have a filthy mouth. Never bungeed but i think i'm ready you dig?
Stay classy

You'd do well to begin your own thread!
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Return to Introduce Yourself!