Going to Burning Man alone. (Possibly)

Re: Going to Burning Man alone. (Possibly)

Postby Super Evil Brian » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Mschivous wrote:I will make sure look into the regionals and I would look on facebook but I deleted mine for various reasons. The key project might be a bit too big. Thankyou everyone for the help. I hope I don't forget anything important. (Well if I do I will use my time machine.) I'm shy but I have a way to get over it so eventually I won't be shy around new people anymore. Depends on the person and who is there with me I guess. I have to make sure not to tell my parents that I am going alone because they will try their best to stop me even though I am 21. . .

If I have enough people going with me then I will build the installation. If I am alone then I will most likely not do that. Make sure you bring me your keys. Put them in my mail box at camp. I am dead serious about this. XD

Thankyou in advance for the keys and Thankyou again for the help

You'll be fine. It sounds like you really need to get away an live a little.

Just the trip to Black Rock City and back will be an adventure, and the week there will be insane. I've seen a lot of crazy shit but no one has any sort of reference point for an adventure like Burning Man.

Feel free to contact me in any way you see fit if you want. I can share writing and pictures and whatever wisdom I gathered in my trip last year, which was my first.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Teejayus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:04 am

Dang it just wrote a big post and it vanished!
Anyways.. I too might be going to burning man alone in 2012. I have spoken to some friends who are keen but no real commitment from them as yet.. I have a ticket i am willing to gift to the right travel buddy!
I'll be coming from Australia, hiring a small RV from san fran and doing the trip out there and back.. Might hire a trailer to take extra water and tarps etc.. Am open to checking some sights out along the way there and back too... Lets share a camp!
The ideal person is: Male, female, whatever. Yankie or import. It's my first burn so would prefer a first timer as well. I'll be sleeping in the rv (it's only got one bed) so the travel homie i'm looking for would need a tent. Everything else you need to bring we can bang it in the rv or trailer.. It has a camp kitchen etc. The only must haves are:
Happiness is your DEFAULT emotion. No drug dependencies. No sad music lovers. I don't mind the odd chill choon but fiona apple and such are not welcome!!
Me i'm 30, male and have a filthy mouth. Love dancing, having a killer time, going rogue and just basically rat bagging around. A water fall is best understood by getting under it! I can listen to metal, punk, psytrance, house, all steps, conscious rap or underground hip hop, funk... anything that isn't mainstream radio really.
If you are keen to find out if destiny demands we go on an adventure together. Hola at me. A san fran native would be unreal but who ever i meet and click with on here is good to go.
Keep it unreal
Do good. Do work.
Teejayus

Postby wh..sh » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 am

Teejayus wrote:No sad music lovers.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!

But hey, atleast I have foul mouth to make up for it.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Teejayus » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 am

Sounds good to me! Keen?
Do good. Do work.
Teejayus

Postby AntiM » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:32 am

Welcome! You could use the keys to do a smaller "test the conditions" piece of camp art. An evolving process. Tell your parents you'll be camping with friends. It will be true.

Teejayus, you might want to begin your own thread.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself!