Resurfacing

Resurfacing

Postby britzbitz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Well, haven't posted on here in quite a while. Not since I was planning to go to my first Burn in 2010.

Now with plans starting to formulate for 2012, I've got Burning Man on the brain. This year will be a new adventure. Bringing my husband (who stayed home last time), who is really quite unsure of the whole thing, but along for the ride. Should be interesting. :)

Here we go!
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller
britzbitz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown

Re: Resurfacing

Postby trilobyte » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Welcome back!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Darn! I was sure that this was going to be about BLM's paving project...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Elderberry » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey there, welcome (back) to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ygmir » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Darn! I was sure that this was going to be about BLM's paving project...

Lusitania, par deaux?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby NessaZee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 pm

YAY!!
:mrgreen:
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~
NessaZee

Postby Nipple » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:44 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Darn! I was sure that this was going to be about BLM's paving project...

2012: Pave the Playa
Nipple

Postby britzbitz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am

Sorry to disappoint you! ;)
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller
britzbitz

Postby britzbitz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 am

NessaZee wrote:YAY!!
:mrgreen:

oh hi, you. i seem to recognize you from some other forum out there in the great wide internets. ;)
britzbitz

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 am

Welcome back to eplaya!

2012 is looking like its gonna be a great year!

Has our husband starting reading eplaya or looking at pictures or anything?
Our first year my girlfriend was pretty apprehensive about going to the burn. But after getting on line and reading how to be prepared and safe, she really got into it. The idea of a week in the desert and partying really hard scared her a lot. So checking out all sorts of how to be prepared, what to bring/not bring, how to be safe,...etc type stuff made her feel a lot better.
Your husband could be feeling a little unsure for entirely different reasons, but it might help.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby britzbitz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 am

illy dilly wrote:Welcome back to eplaya!

2012 is looking like its gonna be a great year!

Has our husband starting reading eplaya or looking at pictures or anything?
Our first year my girlfriend was pretty apprehensive about going to the burn. But after getting on line and reading how to be prepared and safe, she really got into it. The idea of a week in the desert and partying really hard scared her a lot. So checking out all sorts of how to be prepared, what to bring/not bring, how to be safe,...etc type stuff made her feel a lot better.
Your husband could be feeling a little unsure for entirely different reasons, but it might help.

Definitely feels like it's going to be a great year. :)

Hubby has seen my pictures, and a few I've shown him from professional photographers, but he's not much of an internet guy (plus we have dial up at home. yay rural Canada), so basically anything he sees/reads about Burning Man, I'm feeding to him.

He's definitely worried about the desert/heat aspect of it. He's sensitive to heat. But it's hard to explain to someone who hasn't been to the desert that the dry heat actually isn't as bad as the humid kind of heat we experience at home.

I'll keep working on him. :) By the time we're ready to go, I'm sure he'll be slightly nervous AND excited.
britzbitz

Postby Savannah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 am

A "Keeping Cool" subforum has been created recently to help make the Q&A Tips & Tricks forum easier to navigate.

Hi, btw. I recognize your avatar, although I don't think we've specifically crossed paths. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby britzbitz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Savannah wrote:A "Keeping Cool" subforum has been created recently to help make the Q&A Tips & Tricks forum easier to navigate.

Hi, btw. I recognize your avatar, although I don't think we've specifically crossed paths. :)

I'll have to thorougly browse that subforum. :)
britzbitz

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm

britzbitz wrote:He's definitely worried about the desert/heat aspect of it. He's sensitive to heat. But it's hard to explain to someone who hasn't been to the desert that the dry heat actually isn't as bad as the humid kind of heat we experience at home.

I'll keep working on him. :) By the time we're ready to go, I'm sure he'll be slightly nervous AND excited.

If it would help, I could send you some pictures of me and smAshly? We're super Ginger kids and do terrible in the sun. We spend most of noon-4pm hiding in the shade.

The keeping cool sub forum is great!
A Figjam cooler is awesome if you have the space to transport it there.
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby Savannah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Illy Dilly means Figjam's Cooling Your Tent or Van thread (appropriately enough, in the "Keeping Cool" subforum):
viewtopic.php?f=280&t=33842
Savannah

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Savannah wrote:Illy Dilly means Figjam's Cooling Your Tent or Van thread (appropriately enough, in the "Keeping Cool" subforum):
viewtopic.php?f=280&t=33842

I'm sure she knows what I was talking about!

God, do you always have to correct everything I say? :roll:

:wink:
illy dilly

Postby Savannah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Correct everything? I thought I was Embellishing!

Pistols at dawn!

(Foam swords also acceptable.)
Savannah

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Savannah wrote:Correct everything? I thought I was Embellishing!

Pistols at dawn!

(Foam swords also acceptable.)

Thats it! You're on!
I'll be there, Foam sword in hand!

and Ninja pants.... On?

Savannah you are always more then welcome to embellish on my posts. God knows, I need the help.
illy dilly

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:29 pm

But can she embellish your Ninja Pants?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby illy dilly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:38 am

theCryptofishist wrote:But can she embellish your Ninja Pants?

Only if she's gentle :wink:

But honestly, I don't know, they're pretty spectacular already. They could use some B-dazz-len though.
What I really need is a better ninja shirt. Something lightweight, blue-ish/purple-ish/green-ish in color. Maybe even tie-dye. Then I'll be the HIPPY NINJA!!!!!
illy dilly

Postby britzbitz » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:03 pm

The cooling your tent/van thread is awesome, thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I do not have any ninja attire to partake in whatever else is going on in this thread!
britzbitz

Postby Katiebaby25 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Hey Britz! I'm a fellow Canadian and Shambhalover and I attended BM for the first time this year. I brought my boyfriend who had never ever been to this type of festival or anything similar (he's a metal head, lol). He was concerned about many things including the heat, pounding dance music at all hours, dust etc. He was really skeptical that he'd really enjoy himself especially becuase our truck broke down on the way there in Dillon Montana, and becuase you can't rent anything that can tow a trailer, we had to leave our rented trailer behind and buy tents. A year of planning went down the drain and we had to totally re-strategize, plus our extra expenses were huge at this point. For the rest of the drive to BRC, he kept saying that he was so worried about his truck getting fixed while we were gone, that he didn't think he'd be able to get it out of his head and have a good time at BM. But once we got there, his whole tune changed and we had the most amazing week! He loved BM and can't wait to go back next year! No one in our camp could believe that it was his first festival becuase he was always so helpful and fit right in with the Burner crowd. I'm sure your hubby will feel the same way :)

ps. Saw your wedding pics on Facebook! Gorgeous :)
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)
Katiebaby25

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Space Gnomes

Postby illy dilly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:40 pm

britzbitz wrote:The cooling your tent/van thread is awesome, thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I do not have any ninja attire to partake in whatever else is going on in this thread!

Its a reference to a thread from a while back!
It never hurts to have Ninja clothes! They come in extremely handy, especially when trying to settle disputes.
illy dilly

Postby lazerfox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

I thought along the same lines. :lol:

*Edit to add: Welcome Back!!
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby remi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:55 am

That home made A/C looks awesome, and easy to make! That specific thread is the reason a bunch of my shamily is comming down to BM for 2012. I can't have them all stay in my trailer. See you on the playa!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Return to Introduce Yourself!