Greetings from Vegas!

Greetings from Vegas!

Postby Hickup » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:01 am

So I finally made it out this year (would imagine Vegas shoulda made this easier). Glad I went out there with not much more expectations than it being dirty & my bike never being the same. It was absolutely fan-freaking-tastic, and I can't wait for next year! Finally coming back to planet Earth & now to get onto an epic bike project, see about a theme camp for next year, and meet more fantastic Burners from Vegas to help keep me from going crazy :mrgreen:

I miss home so much...
Hickup

Re: Greetings from Vegas!

Postby Sham » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 am

Welcome Hickup. Yes, that dust sort of gets under your skin and you are hooked for life. It's hard to believe that it's just 11 short months away. Good luck with the bike project.

Sham....
Sham

Postby thelionking » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:16 am

Welcome to the ePlaya!
thelionking

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby jkisha » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:50 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 am

I think you're in luck, Vegas has a pretty active regional group. Welcome to ePlaya!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Savannah » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 am

Hi Hickup!
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Kinetik V » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Hickup!

If you want to meet more Vegas burners then you need to come to the weekly meetups at the Artisan Boutique Hotel over at I-15 and Sahara (It's across I-15 from the Palace Station). Monday nights from 6-8 there's a meetup...the Artisan has happy hour going on as well. If you come down, when you walk in the door and your eyes adjust to the dark (you'll know what I mean), the bar / cafe / patio is straight in and to your right. Look at the bar first then if you don't see any "burner" type people come on out to the patio.

The LV Regional is going to be building a larger version of their CORE project, Lucky Lady Lucy....but this time she's being built for the City of Las Vegas. If you want to get involved in a good project and make connections with the BM community here this is one opportunity. We also have a great fire spinning group, Flameology, that is a good group of people to know. Got questions on fire spinning? You'll get answers without the attitude some groups have.

I hope you can make it out one of these Mondays...this is a great regional group, it has some strong leadership and seems to be getting better and better! If you want to learn even more check out the regional website: http://www.lvburningman.com/ It hasn't been updated for a bit (It's still on playa time) but it's still got some good info there. You can also subscribe to the Lucky Lady Lucy Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/170416519676413/ (Approval's required but easy to get for that one).

I hope this helps and I hope you can make it out to the Artisan!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Hickup » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:49 am

Hah, yeah, been out to the Artisan a few times on Monday (one of my fav places in town). I just have this horrid habit of getting there round 7-8ish. Usual Vegas attitude I need to kick about coming late (because who comes on time right?) biting me. Assisted a little with LLL's build too which was nice. Just kept spacing most of the build days. Didn't know LLL has a FB page too (was keeping updated via the meetup). Now to see if the second one will get built we were supposed to be burning here in Vegas too. Ugghhh...has it seriously been almost a month? Yeash... beginning to understand why I hear stories of some projects take years to complete >_>
Hickup

Return to Introduce Yourself!