Fastball here, don't blink too hard.

Fastball here, don't blink too hard.

Postby Fastball » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Haha hello everyone. I took a moment to introduce myself in the sticky and wanted to make a thread as well. I look forward to getting to meet fellow members of the community. Had my first burn this year, felt like home. Everyone was so accepting, friendly and the weather was AMAZING. I camped with a few friend who I met years back, had a pretty epic journey to get to the man.

I was working for Verizon for eight months after graduating college and knew deep down it wasn't the job for me. A good friend of mine who introduced me to door to door sales when I was seventeen told me about another gig. Spent half the summer in North Carolina selling home security door to door and that was an adventure in itself- a very positive experience. The final week my manager knew how much I wanted to attend the man so he offered me an incentive. Best week of the summer two weeks in a row and he'd front my ticket and help with the airfare. Everything fell into place and I hit the incentive, booked the flight (red eye from Raleigh to San Francisco) which we drove straight from the Bay to the man. Arrived at the man around 3-4am and we were let into the gates just a little after sunrise.

Beautiful burn, spent some time in Temple, checking out the art and riding the yellow bikes all around the playa. I look forward to meeting everyone, couldn't think of a playa name yet when I registered on the forums it came right to me. ;)

Re: Fastball here, don't blink too hard.

Postby Elderberry » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi Fastball! :)
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby thelionking » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Welcome Fastball Sounds like you have a totally cool boss!
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Return to Introduce Yourself!