Greetings form Germany

Greetings form Germany

Postby elandre » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:27 am

Hello Burner Community,

I´m Andreas from Germany/Bavaria... a friend of mine and me want to visit Burning Man 2012, because ITS FUCKING AMAZING :mrgreen:

But one question... is it possible to participate in a theme camp as a foreign people? I mean its pretty hard for a first burner to get involved with all this new experience and so we were pleased if we can find a group of people how help us get in all this stuff.

Sorry if the questions is to confused^^

peace Andy
elandre

Re: Greetings form Germany

Postby jkisha » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:33 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

Yes, it is possible to join a theme camp. Some will be posting here for new members as it gets closer to the event. Do a search to get an idea of camps that posted for members last year.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby illy dilly » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 am

Andy, Welcome to eplaya!

Its totally possible! I'd recommend Barbie Death Camp for what you looking for, though there are a ton of theme camps. And Lots of foreign burners, some stay with theme camps others camp alone.
If you keep thinking about it and doing research you might find that you can totally do it on your own, and skip being part of a theme camp.

You have about 6 months to make a decision on how you want to do it, then another 4 or 5 to plan it all out. Don't jump into anything too soon.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby deutlich » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:19 am

Andreas! Hallo!!! Ich wohne in Washington, DC, hab aber 'ne ganze menge Familie in Deutschland!!!! (Bin halb Deutsch, halb Ami). Willkommen bei eplaya!

Es gibt SO VIEL information ueber BM dass es zum anfang ganz überwältigend sein kann. (Ich weiss eigentlich nicht ob ich "überwältigend" jetzt ebend richtig benützt hab...)

Komm öfters mal zu eplaya, hier wirdst du sooo viele Leute kennen lernen dass beim nächsten BM wirdst du schon ein (oder zehn) Europäische Theme Camps finden!

Nächstes jahr wird auch mein erster sein, es wäre TOLL wenn wir uns mal treffen könnten!
| Liebe alles | 2012 Burgin |
Avi: http://archann.deviantart.com/
deutlich

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:02 am

Don't forget to look up the regional(s?) in Germany as well. I can attest that the Axel in Muenchen is a super person; I owe him a great debt.
Burning from overseas can be hard. We have a group in our village who attend every other year from Norway. It's easier for them because they've been doing it for a few years, and they get some logistical support from us. Look over the camps from this year (over on the burningman.com site) and see which ones interest you. Then contact them to find out if they will be going next year and if they are open to new campers. Finding people over here to help with logistics may be hard, but it is by no means impossible.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Andreas! Your questions are not confusing, we understand you. :)

Info about German Regionals:
http://regionals.burningman.com/eu_de.html

Welcome to the board!
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby elandre » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:36 am

Servus again,

thanks for all the answers!!! It´s quite cool to know there are so many nice people...

now step by step:

@jkisha... thanks for your fast answer... i will accept your advise and i want to search a lot^^

@illy dilly ... hey hey... i know the Barbie death camp and i know the topic but that not the best for us i think! ok we are Germans and it´s our history but know an other time has started ;) however thanks

@deutlich ... should i write in English or in German? I hope its ok to write in German, if not call me in English... habe mich mit dem thema burning man mal bisschen auseinander gesetzt und ich kann mir gut vorstellen, dass es fast zuuuuuu viel zu wissen gibt ^^ freue mich sehr, dass ich gleich so eine nette person entdeckt habe hier im forum. falls du in kontakt bleiben möchtest können wir uns hoffentlich gerne im nächsten jahr auf burning man treffen! wenn es immerhin für uns beide das erste mal ist ;)... Ach ja, du hast das wort "überwältigend" vollkommen richtig verwendet!

@theCryptofishist... also thanks to you ... maybe you have a contact address from "Axel in Munich"? This would be great, ´cause i´m not far away from munich and so maybe i can meet him and ask him questions about bm. and maybe its also possible to stay in contact with you? Because it´s seems you know a few people from Europe and their problems to getting starting at bm... pm me if it´s ok for you

@Savannah ... thanks for your understanding ;) and also for the link, i will try it...

If anybody of you want to get in contact with me (and i hope somebody want to get in contact with me :wink: ) write a pm or ask for my skype or icq addy

peace
Andy

damn always the same smiley, i should try to do something different! :mrgreen:
elandre

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Ach, ich habe ein unfall gemacht. Axel wohnt in Berlin, Stefen wohnt in Muenchen.
Hier ist information (ach, mein Deutsch so schlect ist! Enschuldegung.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby deutlich » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:32 pm

na klar ist es OK mir auf Deutsch zu schreiben! Muss selbst mehr lesen u. schreiben..

und da hasst du auch recht... es gibt ZU VIEL zu wissen. ich freu mich das wir noch ein ganzes jahr haben uhm richtig zu plannen!

Fishy! Where'd you learn German?? (If you don't mind me asking).
deutlich

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Ich hatte ein Jahr bei High School, und hab' ich ein "Tutor". Und auch bei Universitat.
Auch, meine Vater ist in Frankfort geboren. Die Tochter von meine Schwester ist jestz von Universitat un

Ah, ah I can't bastardize it! I'm just not good enough. She's got a one-year graduate degree in translation in German and Russian.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby deutlich » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Ich hatte ein Jahr bei High School, und hab' ich ein "Tutor". Und auch bei Universitat.
Auch, meine Vater ist in Frankfort geboren. Die Tochter von meine Schwester ist jestz von Universitat un

Ah, ah I can't bastardize it! I'm just not good enough. She's got a one-year graduate degree in translation in German and Russian.

that is so friggin' cool, though! i lived in Wachenbuchen 'til '89 (it's pretty close to Frankfurt). My mom's side of the family is from Bad Lauterberg, which is this a tiny, tiny town nestled out in nowhere, lol. I love it soooo much! (pic below)

deutlich

Return to Introduce Yourself!