BM 2012 a Harem of Virgins

BM 2012 a Harem of Virgins

Postby tattoogoddess » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Yeah Ok im a Perv.

So This will be my first year,My friend jakes,Matts and Possibly Anthony's. We are all doing it together. Im the odd chick out.

All but one of us is from Iowa. We are going to drive out.

I have to ask. I have been watching alot of videos.. what is the consensus of bigger women running around in not much of anything? I know it hotter then all get out during the day and well im bigger and REALLY dont want to die of heat.
Help?
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Re: BM 2012 a Harem of Virgins

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 pm

People of all shapes, sizes and ages go naked or half naked (though usually with broken-in boots or shoes, so make sure you like yours, and they make you feel good). Underpants + footwear are a popular choice. Or tutus, sarongs and . . . whatever. Bring a little backpack if you won't have pockets. Bring a lot of socks though--more than you think you'll need--and fun cold-weather stuff for nighttime. Layers. Etc.

(If you want to visit places naked, bring a towel to sit on, or your own chair.)

It's totally fine.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:41 pm

+150.
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby Minxy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 am

Hey, welcome to Eplaya! *grin*

As people before me said, it's totally cool to go as naked as you like, just bring something to sit on when you go visit other places.

I will suggest, however, that I find sometimes I'm hotter naked or nearly so than clothed. A few sarongs in strategic places protect my skin from the sun and I feel cooler because of it. Your mileage may vary. =)
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby tattoogoddess » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:56 am

Ha Ha I doubt I will go Fully naked like with just a thong. Im talking MAYBE pasties and a pair of shorts. Or a bikini top and shorts.

I just don't want to be tared and feathered for being the fat chick running around with not much on haha.
tattoogoddess

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:00 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Minxy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 am

jkisha wrote:Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

Oh, darn, I forgot the "there" part.

You won't, tattoogoddess, no worries. =)
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby trilobyte » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 am

Welcome to ePlaya (to you as well as your campmates). What they said. You'll most likely survive. :) Lots of people wear nothing, next to nothing, or loose billowy clothing by day and are pretty comfortable, regardless of size. Normal common sense stuff applies - use plenty of sunscreen, drink lots of water, etc. and you'll be fine. Take a look around the boards, you'll find there are all kinds of ideas for things like shade structures and keeping cool, and if you don't see something covered that you're wondering about... ask.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Drawingablank » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:39 am

tattoogoddess wrote:I just don't want to be tared and feathered for being the fat chick running around with not much on haha.

Wear (or don't wear) whatever you are comfortable in. And if anyone don't like it - just remember their opinion is worth less than shit.

Aside from the occasional frat boy, you will not find a less judgemental group of folks anywhere.

Welcome to eplaya.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:54 pm

The pictures that you might have googled tend towards the lovely youngster in a particular form of nudity or semi-nudity. You'll find on the ground that there's a lot more divercity. I never felt judged as heavy and unclothed. (Frankly, clothes are a bother to me, although I put up with them.) It's a little more complicated for me now, as the skin graft donor sites shouldn't be getting too much sun (and I have very mixed feelings about showing my legs), but I doubt anyone would dare come up to me and say anything. Sarongs are a popular option, loose and light, and adjustable in various ways.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tattoogoddess » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah I guess the playa is a whole nother world more so then I thought! You guys are awseome. If this is anything how the burn will be Im going to highly enjoy this.

I am doing this partly as therapy as I have bad social anxiety. I know odd huh? Ha Ha. But I think this will bring me out of my shell. Maybe I will hold up a sign saying " Hi I'm shy" ( yes I did read that thread lol) You wouldn't think I was. Im covered in tattoos and work as a hair stylist and makeup artist ( need help with hair or makeup at the burn... come find me!)

I really want to make this the best I can and take full advantage of it! I want to learn Poi in this next 11 months as well as make a geodesic to bring with. Thank god my moms husband is one of the best green builder in the Northwest! He knows all about keeping homes cool and to not use a lot of energy. So lots of thinking to do about how I want to set up camp.

Is it the end of aug yet?!? lol

Also maybe some one can help me out. What is the deal with discounted tickets? Requirements?

Oh yeah- Hi! This is me :) I'm bald now, The other pic is from the "hair" and accessory/furry line I make.

tattoogoddess

Postby Keeper99 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Bring your beautifulness, woman, and do with it as you will in perfect, glorious freedom!! And be absofuckinglutely sure to strut your sweet stuff over to the Vomiting Sparrows on 8:00&C for a big hug and the best damn Bloody Mary in Black Rock City!!
Keeper99

Postby tattoogoddess » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey thanks Keeper! Im not a big tomato juice person but I will give it another try. I mean isnt the point to live outside your comfort zone and try things out? I will deff come by and say hi and get a hug? Might want to tell me who to hug or I will just go up to everyone and hug away Haha
tattoogoddess

Postby Zulegoona » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Getting rid of expectations is the hardest thing, those hopes and dreams will keep you from flowing with the event and being one with it and all that may come your way. I have social anxiety too, my first burn I thought I had prepared myself but by Wednesday I was hit with a big time depression feeling really disconnected lonely in a crowd and a neighbor pointed out to me that hey I have them and the world around me, and it really is beautiful. I realized those hopes and dreams hadn’t been gotten rid of and were screwing me over, and from then on it was a beautiful thing.

Moral of the story is expect to have some bad times as well as some great ones I’ve heard from a lot of people Wednesday was about when they crashed, it will pass and it will be great!
Ok yeah I just told you to “expect” right after I told you to get rid of expectations, but it really does make sense when your there trust me.
Zulegoona

Postby atomicray » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 pm

I suspect you will find the event a 100% positive experience and everyone accepting of you and yours.

Atomic Ray
"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane."
— H.P. Lovecraft
atomicray

Postby Sic Pup » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:30 am

One of the most memorable vignettes I took home with me in 2011 occurred early in the morning as I was staggering back to camp after carousing all night. I saw up ahead a very large woman, completely nude, floating across the intersection wishing everyone a joyous day and a chorus of folk from all directions shouting back "I love you"s and "you're beautiful"s. She truly was beautiful in every sense of the word.

It just felt so right that here was someone that probably faces her share of unnecessary obstacles in defaultia putting herself out there and receiving complete acceptance in return.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby Eklypz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 am

Hey!!! I am from Iowa too, but not a virgin and would LOVE to help you in any way possible! We do a couple meetups for Iowa Burners and future burners a year but would love any and all questions you may have , looks like you are off to a fantastic start here though. You can email me at iowa@burningman.com with ANYTHING your heart desires as far as questions and I will answer them all to my best knowledge :D I am sure people here will be a great help as well.

Not sure what part of Iowa you are from but we are doing a campout next week of Iowans that like burning man style things (some have gone , most go to regional events, some never have either) near Colo and can find info about that at the Iowa Burners page on facebook for this event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201509199903705

There is even talk of doing an Iowa Camp at BM 2012 so there will be an oasis to kick back at if you tire of being around all them weird west coast people :D

Jeffz
~o(Eklypz)o~
Eklypz

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Hookahdome

Postby tattoogoddess » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey Jeff!!

I am on the facebook page!! :) It is me Danielle. I posted a comment on there that it will be a bit of a issue for me because I do not drive and have to be back in Marshalltown at 9am because it is 4 of the cities around me and Mtown's homecoming. I am a hair stylist and makeup artist. BUSY day for me. I don't know if something could be done to help me with that or not. I mean im 30 min away from the site. Let me know.

That would be cool if we could plan up a camp for next year. Fake corn anyone and straw hats? hahah.
tattoogoddess

Postby graidawg » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:55 pm

tattoogoddess feel free to bestow hugs on random people, if you manage to find me and randomly hug me you score 100 points and win the game. if you dont you still because its burning man and just getting there is a win.
remember to pop by barbie death camp as well
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby thelionking » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Welcome Tattoogoddess.

I get the feeling you will have a great time in 2012!
thelionking

Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby tattoogoddess » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Oh for sure I had planned to stop by BDC and say hello. It looks like a fucking blast!!!
So what you are saying Is I am going to have to play- Wheres the Burner? Please wear a red hat like waldo. It will please me very much LMAO.

Man it is so far away it seems! Will be excited for Jan to roll around- Tickets and Discounted Christmas lights!! Haha.
tattoogoddess

Postby Keeper99 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:56 am

There is tomato juice and there is the Bloody Mary. Kinda like there is bread, and then there is TOAST, if yer pickin' up what I'm puttin' down. Mmmmm... tooooaaaasssst... :) I encourage you to come by and hug away- when in Rome, y'know? And it's all Rome, now, when we get down to it, isn't it? Anyway, we're The Vomiting Sparrows @ 8:00+C, and I'm Keeper. See you sooner than it seems in Our Fair City Of Ephemeral Light! You will never be the same... :D
Keeper99

Postby illy dilly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:Man it is so far away it seems! Will be excited for Jan to roll around- Tickets and Discounted Christmas lights!! Haha.

Welcome to eplaya!

I'm Hella late, huh?
Seems you're doing a great job making your self at home on here.

Its not that far... just 49 weeks tell gates open!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

49 weeks?!? I am waaaaaay behind schedule. :shock:
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby illy dilly » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 am

Savannah wrote:49 weeks?!? I am waaaaaay behind schedule. :shock:

Maybe, but you're pretty good at this stuff, so I think you'll make it work.
Plus, you've already requested the time off work, so you're 1 step ahead!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby graidawg » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:18 am

i am thinking i may possibly want a harem of virgins for my next burn. for an idea you understand not for an underhand purposes.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
graidawg

Postby Ataki » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:08 am

* starts rounding up random WOW players he knows for Graidawg's harem*
Praises be unto the blue wire, where forth all sarcasm may emit and to which may all sarcasm return... And though red wire be your brother in its eternal mockery, let us not forget that you two be different and unequal in your awesomeness.
Ataki

Burning Since: 2014

Postby graidawg » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:07 am

Ataki wrote:* starts rounding up random WOW players he knows for Graidawg's harem*

oh yes WOW players are perfect for my plan!
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Dawg, they want to become Barbiebarians. You have your assignment Little Grasshopper.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm

LMAO! Omg what the fuck is going on?! I have been at work all day and this is what I come back too!! lol. I'm getting a bit scared here lol. Graidawg asked me how I feel about pirates and you say he has a assignment and has taken me under is metaphorical bat wing. What the hell is going on!! Virgin's? Pirates? kinky mentoring?

Ok I made that last one up, I have a thing for British ascents. Get off my rump.. its hot!

What do you two have up your sleeves!?
tattoogoddess

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself!