Salutations!

Salutations!

Postby Lee Baby Sims » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am

Hello everyone. I have long admired the epicness of Burning Man from afar and have come in many ways to consider myself a burner in spirit, if not in practice as of yet. I finally had enough cash money and time off to make the trip this year but failed to buy a ticket early enough. I will not make this same mistake in 2012. My head is a'buzzing with ideas and I'd love to make some connections and do what I can to help others out with their long term creative projects for next year.
"If you suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
- the venerable George Clinton

in seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy

Be Kind to Your Fellow Larvae.
Lee Baby Sims

Re: Salutations!

Postby jella » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 am

Welcome to Eplaya :) Sounds like your off to an excellent start !
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby Elderberry » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

Have questions? Read this first: http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/
Everybody on eplaya is always excited to help first timers; but in sympathy for some of us old timers, please get your required reading out of the way before posting. As hard as it is to rein in the the excitement and enthusiasm, and as unbelievable as it might seem, most of your questions have already been asked and answered, if you just take a moment to read.

Now, let the adventure begin!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 am

Hi Lee Baby Sims!
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby trilobyte » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello and welcome to ePlaya! Shame things didn't work out for 2011, but you're certainly off to a great start for next year.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby deutlich » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey-lo! I'm new too and missed this year...but I won't make that same mistake next year! I've known about BM for about a decade and then a burner friend got me really interested when he couldn't stop talking about it... which is when I began diggin' around and here I am. I've been much more cognizant of the wasteful things I do in every day life and working to improve them. In that vein, this has already been amazing. Looking to get to know some folks prior to next year for pointers, banter and the like. So far, so good! Even found an epic outline on how to construct a solar-powered cooling unit for tents & yurts!
deutlich

Burning Since: 2011

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Be warned: Burningman is nothing if not wasteful.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Lee Baby Sims » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :D Sound like you and I are in more or less the same boat deutlich. You should totally pass along that outline for a solar-powered cooling unit, that sounds far superior to bringing a noisy and stinky generator or buying millions of batteries.
"If you suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
- the venerable George Clinton

in seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy

Be Kind to Your Fellow Larvae.
Lee Baby Sims

Postby deutlich » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:44 am

Here you go!! http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33842&p=736108&hilit=cooling#p736108

I'm churning up ideas on how I can turn that ugly orange thing into something artsy. In the thread, one person managed to cover the whole thing with silver glittery type of material and cut out holes with one burning man cut-out in there too...looked totally wicked!

I'm not so great with cutting tools but I plan to take some good ole paint to it!
deutlich

Burning Since: 2011

Return to Introduce Yourself!