from the Playa emerges another...

from the Playa emerges another...

Postby PlayaChild » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello Fellow Burners (and eBurners)!

I have been lurking around these forums, eagerly soaking up information, in an attempt to make sense of the incredible experience I had on the Playa last week. It was my first year, but I feel as if I've been a Burner my entire life and just didn't know it. To hear "Welcome Home" sounded so true and felt so right! I know Burning Man is about PARTICIPATION. I want to involve myself in lots of ways to improve Burning Man and foster the spirit it invokes.

My mind is reeling with possibilities. I'm dreaming of art projects and would even like to help improve structure one day. Right now I'm just trying to learn everything I can! Recommended reading anyone?

Check out some of my computational art if you like: http://www.openprocessing.org/portal/?userID=6463

Nice to see everyone!

Keeping the Fire alive,
Playa Child
PlayaChild

Re: from the Playa emerges another...

Postby Elderberry » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
Last edited by Elderberry on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi PlayaChild!

The more specific you get about required reading, the more we know where to send you. In the meantime, check out the Q&A Tips and Tricks forum for everything under the sun. If you get stuck for an answer to something, tell us what you've already tried or where you've looked . . . it helps, and people will respect your effort.

Welcome to the board. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby illy dilly » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey Playa Child! Welcome to Eplaya!
Your Computational Art is freaking awesome!
Have you ever considered putting some of your graphics and programing know how towards physical LED or light art? Could be some cool stuff!

Learn lots and read lots!
Like Savannah said, read a lot then figure out what your questions are, then look for the answers, when you can't find them ask in the Q&A.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Introduce Yourself!