Thank yous

Thank yous

Postby Quin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for an amazing burn. Especially to the 19th hole and the Temple Builders. (And also the porta potty cleaners! Unsung heroes!) Y'all have restored my faith in humanity. It was only my second time around but was the 10 year anniversary of my first burn. So much learned, received, given and let go of. Hoping to see ya next year. Feeling the pull already.
xo Quin
Quin

Re: Thank yous

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby tamarakay » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:45 am

OH wow, don't wait so long between visits! Welcome to eplaya.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby illy dilly » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Hey Quin, welcome to eplaya!

You make a good point about the porta potty cleaners. Next year I'm going to make it a point to make them some sort of kick ass gift.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Sham » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:09 pm

At our camp, we make it a point to flag down porta-people and offer them dinner. They must wash their hands first, but they always get a nice dinner when they pass by.
Sham

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Shambala wrote:At our camp, we make it a point to flag down porta-people and offer them dinner. They must wash their hands first, but they always get a nice dinner when they pass by.

I hope you offer them one ply napkins.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

ygmir wrote:
Shambala wrote:At our camp, we make it a point to flag down porta-people and offer them dinner. They must wash their hands first, but they always get a nice dinner when they pass by.

I hope you offer them one ply napkins.

LOL
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 am

That's wonderful Shambala! Thank you for showing them some luvin. The USS guys are so nice and my gawd are they fun! Definitely Quin - if it's just shaking their hand and gifting them a beer, that's a terrific way to show your gratitude.

(robbi murmurs to herself: hmm... should I plug? aw, go for it)

Feel free to join me on Poop Patrol, and whenever I see the USS guys, I belt out on the PA "Let's give a round of applause to the beautiful men of United Site Services!" And then I roll out a litany about showing the love by treating the potties with respect etc. Big fun!

I have a BIG THANKS to MASH 4207! They SHOVELED virginal volunteers at me all week. The CO ferfucksake came out on Poop Patrol, and his time is excruciatingly valuable, but he did it. Next year I hope Oregon Red can come out too, but I understand this wasn't a good year for leaving the camp. And thank you OR for the PM - I'm so tickled!

Thank you Motsky and Plowman for your help pre-event. I hope you're on board for next year!
Thank you Doc Pyro for your gracious hosting and warm friendship.
Thank you Dick for the shower and for being such a terrific neighbor. Gonzo just keeps going on about you - what is it with you bass players anyway?
Thank you BB Sue for being the grounding that I needed when the drama bs hit, and the squeal when the joy hit.
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby graidawg » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:07 am

thank you for starting this thread.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby TwoHott » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Reminds me of a guy I ran into late (second) Monday night. He set up camp in front of the porta potties on 4. He adopted them. They guided us into the cleanest ones. They keep an eye on them and keep them clean. They set up a table outside with four rolls of toilet paper, hand sanatizer, and hand moisture lotion. Think they were called the porta pottie pigs. How cool is that.

I made his day. I told him: "I was over at such-n-such intersection and asked a local where the closest portas were. They directed me to these ones that were farther away but better."

You never saw a happier porta pottie pig in your life. He had to tell that to his camp mates. We went farther to come to "his" porta potties!

Only at Burning Man.
TwoHott

Postby robbidobbs » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Yep, the Potty Pigs are wonderful. Bill and Kenny have been providing concierge service at the 4:00 inner bank longer than I've been doing potties - at least 11 years! These guys thought up this gimmick so they could meet pretty girls. It works famously! This was their first year as a registered theme camp. They are major fans of the pottie project, and have been a chill space for me and my crew all these years.

Huge THANK YOU to the Potty Pigs!
robbidobbs

Postby TwoHott » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Yea, that's what he told me. What a cool gig. They sure do it right. They even keep an estimate of the number of gallons in the mens room.

I could just imaging the placement persons face -- when they saw someone that [i]wanted[/i] to be placed next to the porta potties.

Really, I need to get over to that side of the city more often. Monday night was epic. Met some of the coolest people ever over that way.
TwoHott

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 am

The Potty Pigs are here to play.
Their courtesy station can make your day.
Bill and Kenny are here to stay.
Kisses all 'round. What can I say!
Baby-wipes, lotion and extra TP. Touche!
They'll improve your Burn, come what may.
Give them a hug, and a big Hurray!
Their table is set, all neat and feng-shui.
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Return to Introduce Yourself!