TuTuTuesday!!!

TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby AbbyYoungs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Ladies and Gents! I'm of course bringing a tutu or two and concocted an idea that all us tutu totin' peeps rock em on Tuesday on the Playa..TutuTuesday!?!!
AbbyYoungs
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:36 pm

How.. original.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby much2naughty2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Abby, pay no attention to the curmudgeons. I'll wear mione if you wear yours :D
User avatar
much2naughty2
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:49 am
Location: Deviant Playground

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm

much2naughty2 wrote:Abby, pay no attention to the curmudgeons. I'll wear mione if you wear yours :D


Eh, he's only partially being a curmudgeon. It's been Tu-tu Tuesdays on the playa at least as long as I've been going ('03), god knows how long before that.

Abby- wear your tu-tu's with pride, you will have an absolute blast! And, no, I'm not being sarcastic.


Though, is anyone else getting as grumpy as me about the established "lets all be completely individual by doing the exact same thing" meme's out there: cowboy hats, furry boot covers & jackets & utilikilts, tu-tu Tuesdays & Prom Nights... ?
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Eric wrote:

Though, is anyone else getting as grumpy as me about the established "lets all be completely individual by doing the exact same thing" meme's out there: cowboy hats, furry boot covers & jackets & utilikilts, tu-tu Tuesdays & Prom Nights... ?


+1

I dunno if grumpy is the right sentiment, but your quote from the other day saying the same thing was what sprang to mind when I saw this. :wink:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby ygmir » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Eric wrote:
much2naughty2 wrote:Abby, pay no attention to the curmudgeons. I'll wear mione if you wear yours :D


Eh, he's only partially being a curmudgeon. It's been Tu-tu Tuesdays on the playa at least as long as I've been going ('03), god knows how long before that.

Abby- wear your tu-tu's with pride, you will have an absolute blast! And, no, I'm not being sarcastic.


Though, is anyone else getting as grumpy as me about the established "lets all be completely individual by doing the exact same thing" meme's out there: cowboy hats, furry boot covers & jackets & utilikilts, tu-tu Tuesdays & Prom Nights... ?


dang, I bought a tux, well because I've seen others look good out there in one.......... :roll: :roll:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:27 pm

ygmir wrote:
Eric wrote:
much2naughty2 wrote:Abby, pay no attention to the curmudgeons. I'll wear mione if you wear yours :D


Eh, he's only partially being a curmudgeon. It's been Tu-tu Tuesdays on the playa at least as long as I've been going ('03), god knows how long before that.

Abby- wear your tu-tu's with pride, you will have an absolute blast! And, no, I'm not being sarcastic.


Though, is anyone else getting as grumpy as me about the established "lets all be completely individual by doing the exact same thing" meme's out there: cowboy hats, furry boot covers & jackets & utilikilts, tu-tu Tuesdays & Prom Nights... ?


dang, I bought a tux, well because I've seen others look good out there in one.......... :roll: :roll:


You would look good in anything, Ygmir, or in nothing. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Personally, I'm shirtcocking it this year. My girlfriend looks so damn cute in just a tshirt.. I'm sure I will too!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm wearing mu-mu's and floral swim-caps. There may be some small chance that hasn't been done yet.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby ygmir » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Eric wrote:I'm wearing mu-mu's and floral swim-caps. There may be some small chance that hasn't been done yet.



Divine? is that you?.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

ygmir wrote:
Eric wrote:I'm wearing mu-mu's and floral swim-caps. There may be some small chance that hasn't been done yet.



Divine? is that you?.........


Dammit. I just knew it had been done. *pout*


And Yggy- you'll rock a tux! I can't wait to see you in it.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby jella » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey I'm wearing mine, it's adorable and it demands to go play on the playa !!
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
User avatar
jella
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Escondido, California
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Eric wrote:
much2naughty2 wrote:Abby, pay no attention to the curmudgeons. I'll wear mione if you wear yours :D


Eh, he's only partially being a curmudgeon. It's been Tu-tu Tuesdays on the playa at least as long as I've been going ('03), god knows how long before that.

Abby- wear your tu-tu's with pride, you will have an absolute blast! And, no, I'm not being sarcastic.


Though, is anyone else getting as grumpy as me about the established "lets all be completely individual by doing the exact same thing" meme's out there: cowboy hats, furry boot covers & jackets & utilikilts, tu-tu Tuesdays & Prom Nights... ?

I dunno. I decided that I'm just going to wear tee shirts and shorts. I avoid the whole costume conformity thing, because I can't be bothered, you avoid it because you are awesomely gifted and practiced at costume.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39917
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby moonrise » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
Eric wrote:

Though, is anyone else getting as grumpy as me about the established "lets all be completely individual by doing the exact same thing" meme's out there: cowboy hats, furry boot covers & jackets & utilikilts, tu-tu Tuesdays & Prom Nights... ?


+1

I dunno if grumpy is the right sentiment, but your quote from the other day saying the same thing was what sprang to mind when I saw this. :wink:


Too funny, Imma wear a cowboy hat if I wanna 'cause it matches my 4 horse, horsey trailer and I like it that way... :lol:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby lucky420 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:45 pm

ha Eric you crack me up. Seriously now, tutus and pettiskirts are cute and fun but I don't like mine on the playa because when I use the potties I don't like the idea that the tutu hits the walls of the portas. It just kind of creeps me out to think I have invisible feces on my skirt... :oops:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby jella » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Oh just take it off and hand it to the hubby, much cleaner that way 8) hehe
my poor hubby :wink:
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
User avatar
jella
 
Posts: 1809
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 pm
Location: Escondido, California
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Savannah » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:06 pm

lucky420 wrote:ha Eric you crack me up. Seriously now, tutus and pettiskirts are cute and fun but I don't like mine on the playa because when I use the potties I don't like the idea that the tutu hits the walls of the portas. It just kind of creeps me out to think I have invisible feces on my skirt... :oops:


You've got to gather it up around yourself and then hug it all around to the front. Like a tulip in the wind. :lol:

Or take it off and hand it to a friend, THEN go pee. Think outside the box. Or, the portapotty, as the case may be.

You might also be a good candidate for a pee funnel (the p-style or the freshette) + pee bottle, but practice at home first. This trains you (among other things) to rip off the paper before you start. :D
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11305
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby lucky420 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:41 pm

thanks ladies...I shall practice the tulip hold this week
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby lucky420 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 pm

oh geez i just read what i wrote...lol I'll let it stand...bwahahaha
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby knowmad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm

lucky420 wrote:oh geez i just read what i wrote...lol I'll let it stand...bwahahaha

Brovo! Play through.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby illy dilly » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Eric wrote:I'm wearing mu-mu's and floral swim-caps. There may be some small chance that hasn't been done yet.

Actually Eric, If you'd like you can come by the Gnome Dome Monday night for Mu-Mu Monday! We're bring a whole bag of them.
You'll fit right in!
Our camp is 30% Ginger Kids
and about 30% gay dudes,
but on Monday, it will be 100% Mu-Mu's!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Savannah » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

So there had better be at least one Ginger Gay Dude in a Mu-Mu, or the prophecy will not be fulfilled.
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11305
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:10 pm

And the world will come to a fiery end?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39917
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:05 pm

illy dilly wrote:but on Monday, it will be 100% Mu-Mu's!


See, I can't do it now. It's already a meme. Shoulda known. :evil:

However, where's the Gnome Dome. I might change my mind, but I'm not packing a mu-mu.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Eric wrote:
illy dilly wrote:but on Monday, it will be 100% Mu-Mu's!


See, I can't do it now. It's already a meme. Shoulda known. :evil:

However, where's the Gnome Dome. I might change my mind, but I'm not packing a mu-mu.

well, then, what are ya packin, cowboy? (in best Mae West voice)
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 27339
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby illy dilly » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:17 am

Eric wrote:
illy dilly wrote:but on Monday, it will be 100% Mu-Mu's!


See, I can't do it now. It's already a meme. Shoulda known. :evil:

However, where's the Gnome Dome. I might change my mind, but I'm not packing a mu-mu.

Gnome Dome is at 3:45 and G. We think. We were told 3:30 and G, but thats part of BDV, so we figuring we're a little closer to the middle between 3:30 and 4.
We should have plenty of Mu-Mu's to share.

Also, our Mu-Mu Monday is mostly because one of our campers is abscessed with Mu-Mu's. I'd say he probably has between 20-30, because "they're so pretty and fun". It is a Meme with in our camp.
My new goal is to make Mu-Mu Monday a playa wide event. In 2012 people will be saying "tutu Tuesday is sooo 2011, its all about the Mu-Mu Monday now"
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
User avatar
illy dilly
 
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:05 pm

And then we will have Sarong Saturday.


But I suspect Eric is waiting to not conform to Suitcoat Sunday.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39917
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby A Jester » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:13 pm

illy dilly wrote:[q
My new goal is to make Mu-Mu Monday a playa wide event. In 2012 people will be saying "tutu Tuesday is sooo 2011, its all about the Mu-Mu Monday now"



that sounds like it might get more traction than "Mouse knuckle Monday"
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

illy dilly wrote:In 2012 people will be saying "tutu Tuesday is sooo 2011, its all about the Mu-Mu Monday now"


Hmmm. We just put this years issue to bed yesterday so it looks like I need to start my 2012 BRC Weekly file now. This is the first time I've started one before we even left for the playa. :shock:
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: TuTuTuesday!!!

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Eric wrote:
illy dilly wrote:In 2012 people will be saying "tutu Tuesday is sooo 2011, its all about the Mu-Mu Monday now"


Hmmm. We just put this years issue to bed yesterday so it looks like I need to start my 2012 BRC Weekly file now. This is the first time I've started one before we even left for the playa. :shock:

It's that darn internet. Things just happen faster in the 21st century...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39917
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests