Virgins from Texas, Y'all

Re: Virgins from Texas, Y'all

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 am

Stop by BDC&WB for the Meet & Greet Thursday at 6 and bring some Lonestar Beer. I think a case should suffice. Or hell, we'll even drink Pearl if it comes down to that.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby dragonpilot » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Stop by BDC&WB for the Meet & Greet Thursday at 6 and bring some Lonestar Beer. I think a case should suffice. Or hell, we'll even drink Pearl if it comes down to that.

Or just roll a keg of Shine Bock over! Otherwise, I'll have to drink up Damn Fuckin' Texans' supply... :lol:
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby kittyrodriguez » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:45 pm

illy dilly wrote:OK, for a second I was gonna be like "READ THE DAMNED SURVIVAL GUIDE- NO PETS ALLOWED!"
But then I realized that you were talking about costumes.... Oops.

:lol: I said I had read the Survival Guide. Geez. Not cats, "cats".

illy dilly wrote:Is Kittie code for some sort of club/group? There are some folks from CO that are part of the "Kittie Condo" its a camp, actually I think it might be a decked out bus. I honestly don't know the details.

Not really code, I don't think. I don't know what "Kittie Condo" is but it sounds fun.

There are a group of folks that like, or identify, with being animals in some form or another. Like being pets (petplay), or cosplaying nekos, or catboys, or furries, or all kinds of interesting things. Just wanted to know if there were any on the playa or the eplaya.
kittyrodriguez

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC-ESD Fire Camp Station 3

Postby Savannah » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

They're all over the playa, and I think there are a few here too, though I don't remember specific threads.

I'm serious about Black Rock Animal Control. They will catch you and tag you and make you ride around in a barred cage. Oh help, help. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby kittyrodriguez » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Stop by BDC&WB for the Meet & Greet Thursday at 6 and bring some Lonestar Beer. I think a case should suffice. Or hell, we'll even drink Pearl if it comes down to that.

Like I'm going to waste precious cargo space on Lonestar. We only drink that stuff here cause its all we have. Blech.

And I don't think I have ever seen Pearl sold in a store here. I heard they were bought by Pabst, which is abundant, but not sure if Pabst still has a Pearl labelled brew.

I assume you guys are asking for Lonestar, Pearl, and Shiner cause I'm from S.A. But there really are better brews out there than those. Lol. Shiners not too bad, but we can't fit the keg in unless we leave the water behind.
kittyrodriguez

Postby gyre » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:37 pm

There are some furry camps with extremely cute names, which I can't recall, of course.

There is at least one eplayan that dials up eplaya on the old farnsworth in a giant black cat outfit.
I won't identify them however.

We all know bunny ears help with the reception.
Not costume at all.
gyre

Postby illy dilly » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 am

kittyrodriguez wrote:There are a group of folks that like, or identify, with being animals in some form or another. Like being pets (petplay), or cosplaying nekos, or catboys, or furries, or all kinds of interesting things. Just wanted to know if there were any on the playa or the eplaya.

Yeah I knew that, I just didn't know if being a "kittie" was a particular things.
There are lots of furries on the playa! Check the Whos'n'whats'it when you get there to find like minded folks.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby SouthernExposure » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:11 am

I was invited this year to be a member of a camp named Cats!Cats!Cats! They were not bestowed full Theme Camp status this year, so we have not been granted a reserved location on the playa. We will curl up somewhere with a giant cat condo, a human sized scratching post and will host the Critical Cats bike ride that terminates back at the camp for the post ride party.

Please feel free to swing by and rub up against our legs.

SE
SouthernExposure

Postby Super Evil Brian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 am

kittyrodriguez wrote:

Like I'm going to waste precious cargo space on Lonestar. We only drink that stuff here cause its all we have. Blech.

And I don't think I have ever seen Pearl sold in a store here. I heard they were bought by Pabst, which is abundant, but not sure if Pabst still has a Pearl labelled brew.

I assume you guys are asking for Lonestar, Pearl, and Shiner cause I'm from S.A. But there really are better brews out there than those. Lol. Shiners not too bad, but we can't fit the keg in unless we leave the water behind.

Besides, the Pearl Brewery complex has one of the few Mexican restaurants I like, and it's an easy bike ride from downtown or Blue Star.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Danger is funny
Super Evil Brian

Camp Name: Journeylizm

Postby Super Evil Brian » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:31 pm

illy dilly wrote:Hey its great to hear you're figuring it out!

For water, I would recomend the very last and yet very best place to get water. The Gerlach Community Center! (ya know they should pay me with as much as I rep their water)
In the
The Jack Rabbit Speaks
Volume 15, Issue #18
June 24, 2011

It was stated that:

Trixie, our intrepid Gerlach Office Manager, passed along this incredibly useful information:

"The Town of Gerlach will be selling potable water for filling up RVs and water tanks. We will have ample filling stations in front of the Gerlach Community Center at 410 Cottonwood Street, with directional signs located as you enter town on Main Street.

Our rates are .50/gallon up to 100 gallons, .45/gallon for sales above 100 and less than 200 gallons, and .40/gallon for sales larger than 200 gallons.

You asked and we listened: WE WILL HAVE CONTAINERS!! Call today to reserve your filled containers ranging in size from 5 gallons to 15 gallons. There will be a limited amount available and you dont want to miss this one stop shopping opportunity.

Our filling station will be open August 26th August 31st. The hours for operation will be 9:00 am to 1:00 am. However, due to high demand we will be open 24 hours on Saturday, August 27th and Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We are only able to accept cash; however, there will be an ATM machine available for your convenience. Our office can be contacted at ###-###-#### or #######@yahoo.com with any questions or to arrange fill-ups prior to August 26th.

Remember: Water weighs 8 lbs. per gallon, and by buying your water in Gerlach you will avoid paying fuel costs to transport your water from Reno or even farther. Save gas!

I went ahead and blocked out the phone number and email address since we've been having all the spam issues lately. But, I will email this to you as well.

Hopefully I'll remember to stop there, but I imagine looking at my empty water jugs will remind me.
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Danger is funny
Super Evil Brian

Postby leapshaw » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 am

h2o4u.cl@gmail.com has options for water truck rentals. A little spendy but worth it. He delivers and picks up because you need a cdl to drive water truck.
leapshaw

Postby kittyrodriguez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:56 pm

SouthernExposure wrote:I was invited this year to be a member of a camp named Cats!Cats!Cats! They were not bestowed full Theme Camp status this year, so we have not been granted a reserved location on the playa. We will curl up somewhere with a giant cat condo, a human sized scratching post and will host the Critical Cats bike ride that terminates back at the camp for the post ride party.

SE

I will be there with bells on! Giant cat condos and human sized scratching posts are what I dream about... :D

What day is the bike ride?
kittyrodriguez

Postby SouthernExposure » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:30 pm

kittyrodriguez wrote:
SouthernExposure wrote:I was invited this year to be a member of a camp named Cats!Cats!Cats! They were not bestowed full Theme Camp status this year, so we have not been granted a reserved location on the playa. We will curl up somewhere with a giant cat condo, a human sized scratching post and will host the Critical Cats bike ride that terminates back at the camp for the post ride party.

SE

I will be there with bells on! Giant cat condos and human sized scratching posts are what I dream about... :D

What day is the bike ride?

Be there in all you pussycat goodness Thursday afternoon for the ride!

High 5!

SE
SouthernExposure

Postby kittyrodriguez » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 pm

I just realized that I never followed up on my initial post. We made it to last years burn, and we LOVED IT! I am now anxious to see how my hand played out in the "Black Rock Lotto." :D

Last August was everything I imagined and so much more. It was about as perfect a trip as possible. Here's to 2012!
kittyrodriguez

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Cute new avatar! :D

Glad to hear you made it, & loved it.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby kittyrodriguez » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Savannah wrote:Cute new avatar! :D

Glad to hear you made it, & loved it.

Thank you! It was nice to wear ears for the entire week. I miss them now. Lol.
kittyrodriguez

Postby Super Evil Brian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 am

Last year was my first as well and I'm also curious about how I'll fare in the lottery.

Hopefully there will be some second-year people from Texas going.

Danger is funny
Super Evil Brian

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself!