Cool site to help Burners get to the Playa and more

Cool site to help Burners get to the Playa and more

Postby Landshark3 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:25 pm

A good friend of mine and myself have been working on a cool site to help people find the best ways to get around this big blue marble.

http://www.TripHopping.com?=bm

It's a newer site but has proven useful in helping nomads, backpackers, travelers get around. It turned out to be a great tool to help people get rides to this year Annual Couch Surfing camp out in CO.

I am really lost where the best place to post this or how to get this info to the key people in burning man so they can use this tool. Help people connect, find rides to and from Burning Man. We are also working on some cool new features just for BM this year.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and seeing you on the Playa, I am hoping to be set up next to the CouchSurfing.org camp

Let me know what route I should take to get this site out there and help make this a super green event :)

Larry

"You can't stop the waves, so you might as well learn to Surf"
Landshark3

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Looks great, good work...keep it up !!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Landshark3 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks, It's hard to show all the work that goes into it or all the cool features it has. With some poking around you can find all the goodies :)

When you use the search bar or go to the travel page, you can search a certain trip and see the weather, miles a route and other people going that way. You can also search craigslist from our site and I think it searches it better to be honest.

You can then take your ride from Trip Hopping and drop it right into craigslist to get more hits. Hoping they will come fill out a profile so you can see who your riding with.

It searches buses and other ways to get there too, plus things to do when you get where ever your head and places to stay. Lots more coming in the future :)

Not trying to sound spammy or pushy, just have my heart into this and want to help change the way people think about travel ;)

Just let me know if you guys any ideas to get the word out and help the Burners connect.

Cheers,

Larry
"You can't stop the waves, so you might as well learn to Surf"
Landshark3

Postby MissVee » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi Larry~!!!

I have to admit as an Aussie my interest in your website was sparked first by the image of the Kangaroo. It was only once the novelty factor of the image ran out did I venture onto the website. **giggles**

What a great concept! I love how easy it is to navigate and how you have combined travel, accommodation and people so seamlessly. As a first timer to BM... and America for that matter... I'm sure the site will come in really handy~!!!

Good luck... Vee
** i'm just a speck inside a giant eye **
MissVee

Return to Introduce Yourself!