Hi thar

Hi thar

Postby Syn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am

Hey everyone, I'm justin, a university student from southern california. I'm craving adventure and burning man looks like the perfect place to go. A lot of my friends are too conservative to go so I'm looking to make a ton of new friends and have some crazy adventures! :P
Syn

Re: Hi thar

Postby Sham » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 am

Syn wrote:I'm looking to make a ton of new friends

Welcome! If you're looking for adventure, you've coming to the right place. May I recommend Camp Chubster if you're looking for a ton of new friends. Four campers should be about a ton! :shock:

Read the first timers guide several times, join the local burners group in your area and start gathering your stuff now---it's just 2 months away!

Now brace yourself for the time of your life!

See you on the playa.
Sham

Postby Sail Man » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Greetings Syn, welcome to eplaya.

Have you had all your shots yet?

:wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Daddy-O » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Hey Justin, There are some conservatives that like to party on the playa. Last year I found Bush at BM :lol:
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
Daddy-O

Postby dragonpilot » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:34 pm

Student...conservative...southern California...odd mix, but I guess it could happen.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Jiva » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Wikipedia:
For much of the late 20th century, USC has had a reputation for being a politically conservative campus. In the politically charged times of the 1960s–70s, and in stark contrast to the University of California campuses, USC was one of the few campuses in California where then-Governor Ronald Reagan could visit without additional protection. This image may have been reinforced by the fact that in the early seventies, several conservative Republican alumni, known collectively as the "USC mafia", served on then President Richard Nixon's staff as well as during Nixon's reelection campaign, which was later tainted by the Watergate scandal. In the 1960s, the corrpution between conservative factions in student politics was noted in the screenplay for All the President's Men; the term ratfucking originates from that period. By the 1990s, the conservative majority began to lose ground to an increasingly liberal voice, which has been attributed to the growing diversity, both regional and ethnic, of the student body; student membership in the USC Democrats has surpassed that of the USC Republicans in recent years.

Welcome, Syn!

edit: For you, Syn, just this once, ignore my sig below :-)
Stay home; the man will burn without you.
Jiva

Postby Elderberry » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to Introduce Yourself!