First timer from Seattle, WA

First timer from Seattle, WA

Postby Nummy_Cookies » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello! This is going to be my first year at BM and I don't, yet, know anyone who's going but I'm hoping to meet some burners in any random way possible :) A little bit about myself - I'm 23, an audiophile, nocturnal, love computers and technology, love to have fun, and fire! I'm also interested in dreams and the sort. If there are any others out there that constantly lucid dream, you're already my friend - even if you hate me - since we're so few and far between :D

Some of my favorite artists: Shpongle, Tool, Pink Floyd, Rasputina, Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, and a silly band called Pain

I look forward to meeting you all on or off the playa and if any of you are interested, feel free to contact me!

For those with AIM: audiophilia45
Nummy_Cookies

Postby goathead » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:15 am

Welcome to the eplaya....
Please bring bacon.
:D
Remember one sentance never heard on the playa is
"I love the smell of salad in the morning."
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby lemur » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:47 am

Nocternal eh?

I welcome you.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Seattle?

Postby swampdog » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 am

Dude, Seattle is probably the second burniest city behind the SF Bay area. Try http://regionals.burningman.com/us_wa_sea.html for more info.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Re: Seattle?

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

swampdog wrote:Dude, Seattle is probably the second burniest city behind the SF Bay area. Try http://regionals.burningman.com/us_wa_sea.html for more info.

WHATEVER !!!

maybe if you're into rainbows and unicorns it is.......

Reno trumps Seattle triplefold, and I speak with experience.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby swampdog » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:54 am

Didn't mean to make this a challenge. Note that I coyly lumped the whole SF Bay area into one, so we don't have to deal with San Jose, Oakland, etc all fighting it out. Let's just say Seattle is clearly one of the ten cities in the top five with high burner participation. Go to the Fremont parade, uh, last Saturday and try to throw a marshmallow and not hit a burner. Go ahead, I dares ya.

And, I am not now nor ever have been a Seattle-ite. I'm 90 miles north. But OP is, and he's the one who needs to know that He Is Not A-L-O-O-N-E
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 am

agreed....
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby SilverOrange » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 am

Welcome to the eplaya! Any friend of Kyuss is a friend of mine.
SilverOrange

Postby Nummy_Cookies » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanks :) Bacon, eh? Mmm, salt will be good, I'm sure. And yes, I am nocturnal - it is rather inconvenient but perhaps it'll come in handy on the playa. Thanks for the link, Swampdog. I spent a good deal of time searching through this website and the interwebs, but I totally missed that one. I'm so excited. Hmm, that doesn't look quite right without an exclamation mark.
Nummy_Cookies

Postby Daddy-O » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 pm

It's hard to eat bacon on the playa with out some PBR!
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
Daddy-O

Postby ddharris » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:25 am

Hello! I'm also a n00b from Seattle. Look forward to meeting you all!
ddharris

Postby Deb Prothero » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:29 pm

ah, but ddharris is a very special nOOb! He accepted a playa hug from a total stranger before even knowing for sure what it was!

Welcome dd, glad you accepted my assessment that you are definitely a burner! Welcome to eplaya - there's a little snark here so don't mind that - toughens you up for the playa. You will find all the answers to your questions here too.

Hope to see you on the playa, I'll be in the 9:00 plaza at Black Rock Beacon camp creating the daily newspaper. Drop round.
Deb Prothero

Return to Introduce Yourself!