virgin burner from San Francisco

virgin burner from San Francisco

Postby cookiesureshot » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Muah! I'm very excited to be FINALLY going to burning man for the first time this year. I have a question about driving my car to burning man. I drive an 05 scion XB, and I've been told by some people it would be ok to drive my car on the playa, but that I should just get an air filter exchange when I get home. Other people have said absolutely do not drive your newer car to the desert. I can't really afford to rent a car, but my friend may be getting an RV....Anyway - I really want to drive my car so I can bring everything I want.....

what do you say? pop my cherry?

xo,
cookie sureshot
"bubbles mcGunnagetcha says TO THE RESCUE!"
cookiesureshot

Postby Orchid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Bring an air filter with you, and keep it wrapped in plastic until you get to the first rest stop after exodus. Replace air filter. Ta-da! :)

When you get home, wash and vaccuum your car, and use an air compressor to dust your engine.

You should be fine.
Orchid

Postby TomServo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:18 am

YES! Air filter! a new one will be worthless, after a few days on the playa. If you don't already know how to put em in, learn...it's easy. Disconnect your battery cables after you park...youd be surprised how much a dome light drains your battery over a week..opening and closing..and leaving open your door. The dust will never, ever really leave your car..but I love that instant playa smell everytime, I turn on the A/C. Reports are..as of last week, that the playa is hard packed..so not as much dust as prior years. Have a great Fucking time!!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby gyre » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:08 am

I think it's a good idea to seal the ventilation intakes out there.

Suggestions have been made to remove dust dry as much as possible.
Makes sense to me.

Clean your entire intake duct to the air filter when you get home too.
And the radiator.
gyre

Return to Introduce Yourself!