3 years waiting finally pays off ----> Seattle Playa Newb

3 years waiting finally pays off ----> Seattle Playa Newb

Postby ecoshiva » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:56 am

WOOHOOO! Finally!!

I've been waiting TWO years to go to Burning Man - I guess this would actually be the 3rd year of waiting - at least I am GOING this year!

WOOHOO!

I've been in the local community here for the past 3, volunteered at SeaCompression, Critical Massive and the Newbie Picnic and have made it to various other events of frivolity and ridiculous fun. I am Amy or Shiva on BCWA yahoo list. I'm also on the Tribes on tribe.net as Om Shiva.

Now, I get to join the craziness of preparation and I won't be at home feeling sad as my community family runs off to play in the dust for a week. And I'll get to meet - well maybe, I heard about how meet ups do or dont happen on the playa - all my friends from other towns and states that I've made over these past 3 years online! WEEEEEE!!!

On the lookout for supplies, a camp to join, a carpool, and so forth so I'll go check out all those threads.

THANKS FOR BEING HERE! OMG - I'm SO excited! :D
Amy / Gooneybird
"Dare to live the life you dream of!"
ecoshiva

Postby gyre » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Welcome Amy!

It can be hard to run across specific people unless you look for them, and then there's a good chance of missing them.
I met people in 2006 that I had been talking to on the phone for over ten years.
You do run into the most unlikely people by accident.

I had been talking to Bay Bridge Sue for some time before we realized who the other person was.
gyre

Postby LeChatNoir » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:05 pm

That's awesome, ecoshiva...

I also had to wait several years before I could finally make it out. But when I did the feeling was indescribable... seeing the lights of the city off in the distance, like a surreal electronic candle in a dark, endless room of desert midnight.

It was simple wonderful.

Welcome Home!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby TomServo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Strange things do happen their..in 2002, I met a girl who was enthralled by my Edward Gorey tattoo. We were at the post board in center camp, had a great conversation about tattoos and Ed Gorey. I said, "maybe we'll meet at the temple burn!" When I went to the temple, with about 20,000 other people, It didn't seem very likely. By the collapse and celebration of the temple, I was pretty wasted. Had polished off a bottle of vodka way too fast. Walking around the fire, I just stopped..turned...and their she was! We hugged, went our own ways. Never saw her again..love these chance encounters on the playa! Don't think I would change that story if I could..love it how people dissapear, but are seared into your memory.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Return to Introduce Yourself!