From Shambhala to BRC

From Shambhala to BRC

Postby britzbitz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi everyone! :D

First time Burner here from beautiful Nelson, BC, Canada.

This is a very last minute decision...my partner & I ended our relationship on Saturday at about 5am (on a good note, we're still best friends). I've wanted to come to BM for years, but I didn't want to exclude my lover from such an experience.

On Sunday morning, I woke up knowing that this is it. This is the year I will finally make it to Black Rock City. A funny thing to wake up knowing, when I hadn't given the smallest consideration to going to this year's event until that very moment. But I guess, this is how it goes...you just wake up one morning and know you're ready for it.

So a little bit about myself...Born and raised in the lovely Kootenay mountain range, I'm a backwoods Canadian girl with a love of hula/fire-hooping, music, dancing, nude beaches, burlesque and...well, any experience where I don't have to worry about what time or day it is.

I work with Shambhala Music Festival in Salmo BC...I've been in love with that festival for 6 years, and was lucky enough to find a niche doing work I enjoy with people I adore & admire. From now until mid-August, I've got a lot on my plate, but I'm looking forward to the journey to Black Rock City two weeks later to...well...I don't know. Experience & participate, I guess!

It's a strange thing, being completely free, for the first time in a long time. I can't wait to explore that feeling at Burning Man!
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller
britzbitz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown

Postby Sensei » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Hey Britz! You probably don't remember me but we met at Shambhala in 2006 - I recognized you from some pics you'd posted on the Sham board. (Yeah Britz, those pics!) Anyhoo, I was there to hang out with Velvet and her beau Ronnie and I most definitely had an absolute blast. Honestly, Canadians are the most generous and friendly people. That was the year that I did both Shambhala and Burningman - as you mentioned they're only a couple weeks apart. I barely survived.

Enjoy!

BTW - I knew you'd come to your senses someday. You DO realize that the desert is going to kick your skinny butt (just like everyone else), but I think you'll enjoy the sensation.

I'm really glad you're going.
Sensei

Postby britzbitz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Hey there! I totally remember meeting you, though (I'm sorry) I don't remember your face. More so than meeting you, I remember your presence on the forums.

I am fully prepared to have my little butt kicked by BM, and to be completely useless for a few weeks afterwards. But my coworkers are going to the Burn this year too, so I figure when we get back, we can all collectively encourage each other to get back on task. hehe.
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller
britzbitz

Postby thirt33n » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Hey Bitz!!

You probably rocked the Ymir Hall on New Years Eve,...I was all in white at the The Spirit bar....Nelson has always been one of my favorite places on earth...Whitewater? Please, the greatest.

I happy for you and all your Kootenay Killas

Travel safe

Crux
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby britzbitz » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:10 am

Hey!

I wasn't at Ymir Hall that night, actually! A good friend of mine threw "Resolution", the masquerade ball at the Rod n Gun Club down by Cottonwood Falls. It was such a blast....just couldn't bring myself to do the bar thing to bring in the New Year, but I heard SpirtBar was fun, too!

Nelson is easy to love...I can hardly bring myself to leave for short excursions half the time.

Clearly, BM is an exception. ;)
britzbitz

Postby britzbitz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:25 pm

I just got my ticket in the mail!

Sooooo happy. :D
britzbitz

Postby thirt33n » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:31 pm

show the ticket how nice the lake looks today.
i'm bettin' it's sparklin.

...now walk uphill
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby Sensei » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Jimini Cricket, that was quick!

{ahem}
Britz honey, you were supposed to mention how beautiful the envelope was...
{/ahem}
Sensei

Postby britzbitz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Sensei wrote:Jimini Cricket, that was quick!

{ahem}
Britz honey, you were supposed to mention how beautiful the envelope was...
{/ahem}

the envelope was lovely, thank you dear. :D and i appreciated the smooch inside, too.

shambhala stickers coming back your way!
britzbitz

Postby Sensei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Why, looky what I got in the mail: a plethora of Shambhala sticky stuff!

Thanks, Britz!
Sensei

Postby britzbitz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:49 pm

I wanted to stamp the envelope with our big cow stamp, but I couldn't find the inkpad. :(

But I'm glad the stickers reached you! Yay!
britzbitz

Return to Introduce Yourself!