Virgin Burner from PA

Virgin Burner from PA

Postby SEH099 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:15 am

Hello everyone!

This will be my first experience at Burning Man this August and I am uber excited!! I have a ton of questions..most importantly- What's the best way to get there? I shouldn't fly, right?- too much stuff to take...Drive by myself?

Any suggustions would be great! I am completely self sufficient- not looking to mooch off anyone!!- just some pointers would be nice or anyone that lives in PA that we could hitch a ride together.

Thanksss!
Shea
SEH099

Postby Jubi » Tue May 27, 2008 10:09 am

I don't know If I can help somehow cause it will be my first burn as well, and aslo I'm from Europe :D

But it's not so bad to fly to Las Vegas, San Francisco or Reno and there prepare for the trip (buying fresh stuff, renting car, or sharing it with some people)
I know only that from Reno is about 3 h to BRC
You can find some people for RideShare From PA or from those three towns I wrote.
There is a RideShare site in burningman.com (you can find quick on google)
or in tribe.net

I found some people from Sarasota who will fly to Reno and I think I will rent a car with them.

Good luck for you :)
It's good to be bad..
Jubi

Postby AntiM » Tue May 27, 2008 11:01 am

There are also many burners in Salt Lake City, another good fly in destination if you've made some contacts here or on Tribe beforehand. Much longer drive, (10~16 hours depending on speed and stops) but there's a lot of carpooling going on.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Pennsylvania

Postby stevefarris24 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm coming from State College, PA. Get in touch if you have questions. This will be my third time.

Steve
greattrainrobbery@lycos.com
stevefarris24

Postby TomServo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Just a thought..has anyone thought of establishing storage, for out of area/country burners? Like maybe a warehouse, that stores bought gear...can be stored for next year or donated to new long distance burners. Maybe save space at the ranch, for bought gear?

just a thought

sorry DPW
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Return to Introduce Yourself!