First Lady of the Viking non-invasion

First Lady of the Viking non-invasion

Postby Rikke » Mon May 26, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi, everyone :)

My name is Rikke, I'm Danish and I'll be coming to my first-ever BM this year together with a group of 10 friends - all of us virgin Burners. The story is that 5 of our group are doing the big cross-the-States road-trip this summer (they're leaving Denmark in just 2 weeks) in a big camper, planning to finish off with the grand finale - Burning Man :)

The rest of us will be joining them in San Francisco in the middle of August, and we want to get in touch with other burners in the San Francisco Bay area before the event, hopefully to arrange some sort of transport, but also just for the pleasure of meeting new people.

So look out, everybody, the Vikings are back! ;)
Rikke

Postby mdmf007 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:19 pm

That kicks ass - i hope you guys are in theme
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Rikke » Mon May 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks, but unfortunately not yet...we kinda agreed that doing the Viking theme would be...well, a bit obvious ;)

I'm working on persuading the rest of the crew to join the Playa International, now that the International Burner Hostel camp (which I wanted us to join) isn't happening after all. However, all planning is presently swamped due to the road-trippin' crew being busy attending to the last-minute details of their big tour, so right now, everything's a bit uncertain...

The fact that we have to either bring everything with us from Denmark or buy everything in SF is a bit of a problem as well - I've been looking around for a thread on what kind of tents work/don't work in the desert, but haven't found one, so if anyone knows the whereabouts of such information, I'd be happy to hear.
Rikke

Postby mdmf007 » Mon May 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Yeah - i guess that would be a little too obvious, coming internationally really cramps your style as well. Especially as the airlines are starting to charge surcharges for bags now.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue May 27, 2008 10:06 am

mdmf007 wrote:That kicks ass - i hope you guys are in theme

Who gives 42 craps about the theme?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to Introduce Yourself!