Dutchy comes to see the Man burn!

Dutchy comes to see the Man burn!

Postby your mother » Tue May 13, 2008 9:23 am

Hello folks, i finally was able to get through the authorization code! Will introduce myself shortly:
i'm wessel from holland and have organised my own small burns over 8 years now where we light up the skatebowl and skateboard through and over fire, so this summer i will see how the pros burn stuff!
I was rewarded with a scolarship ticket and felt the urge to help in return!
I will join the gretters to welcome you all on the playa with an original DUTCH smile.
It's a great adventure, cauz i will come hitching a ride and don't know how it will all work out with foodsupplies and stuff. But GreetersCamp already takes care of my water. how lovely!
Hope to see you all on the playa and help or a ride is welcome!
Have a nice day
wessel
LOVE
your mother

Postby gyre » Tue May 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Welcome, Wessel!

Did you really have a hard time getting on here?
You do know that Reno and Sacramento are much closer, don't you?
There will be a lot of people going from San Francisco, of course.

Be aware that skateboards won't work on the ground out there.
There should be a roller disco though.
gyre

Postby Oldguy » Tue May 13, 2008 5:38 pm

FYI, I have seen offroad boards out there. Lifted trucks, extended axels, and lawnmower tractor tires. I have seen bouncing scooters also with offset rear wheels for propusion. I have also seen those swinging axis tricycle scooters too. If it rolls , it's been there. :wink:
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Monkey Business Annex of Banana Camp

Postby your mother » Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 am

No i won't roll on the playa, only if it's real hard on some spots, but have my board with me to skate brooklyn banks and roll down some nice SF hills. Maybe i'll be able to leave some stuff behind with someone in SF to be able to have some hands free for more important playa stuff, but nothing is sure yet, so we'll see.
LOVE
your mother

Postby gyre » Wed May 14, 2008 1:52 am

your mother wrote:No i won't roll on the playa, only if it's real hard on some spots, but have my board with me to skate brooklyn banks and roll down some nice SF hills. Maybe i'll be able to leave some stuff behind with someone in SF to be able to have some hands free for more important playa stuff, but nothing is sure yet, so we'll see.
Skateboarding down the San Francisco hills?
Don't they call that basejumping?
gyre

Postby your mother » Wed May 14, 2008 2:12 am

yeah true, but then without a parachute!

anybody here knows a website for arranging shared rides to BRC? I saw it once here, but always get a bit lost in all those posts!
and whatabout gifts, i'm thinking about printing out a picture of me and then writing some on it as a personal message for the receiver of the gift.
LOVE
your mother

Postby gyre » Wed May 14, 2008 2:29 am

http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=9046

Gifts aren't an obligation.
But if you have the inspiration...

Giving out contact info is a plus and it's a good idea to have some way to take notes.
You can meet hundreds of people in a day.
You may wish to put your black rock city address on there too.

You can mail things to friends with a brc postmark too.
Bring stamps for that.
gyre

Ride Share

Postby gyre » Wed May 14, 2008 2:37 am

viewtopic.php?t=9046

There may be lists on tribe and craigslist too.
Some regionals have forums too.
gyre

to be honoust

Postby your mother » Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 am

i escape reality when going on a holiday to take my hands of mostly anything organised (like mail, cellphones, meetings, school, work, news!)
all that stuuf away and freedom to enjoy. Paper notes can be put on my tent to hook up with new made friends! Let's keep it simple. But thanks for the advice. Maybe will take the opportunity to send postcards to special new made friends.
LOVE
your mother

Postby gyre » Wed May 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Logistically, it's a third world kind of city.
The post office is there for a week and gone.
It's a miracle that mail often gets delivered.
They don't sell stamps though.
It's a rare postmark.
Deliver some mail while you're there.

You have no choice about your mobile.
gyre

Postby mdmf007 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 pm

your mother wrote:No i won't roll on the playa, only if it's real hard on some spots, but have my board with me to skate brooklyn banks and roll down some nice SF hills. .

I suggest lombard street -
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Re: Dutchy comes to see the Man burn!

Postby madmatt » Wed May 14, 2008 7:12 pm

your mother wrote:i'm wessel from holland and have organised my own small burns over 8 years now where we light up the skatebowl and skateboard through and over fire, so this summer i will see how the pros burn stuff!

Here's another Dutchy
viewtopic.php?t=24114&highlight=dadara

And this Dutchy is looking for more Dutchies...
viewtopic.php?t=24153&highlight=

Haha, wat grappig, je gaat helemaal onbereid neerplonken in de woestijn! Ja er zijn wel 50,000 mensen, maar er zijn ook een heleboel chagrijnige mensen die dat ook een freeloader noemer. Ik ben niet een, want je lijkt wel iemand die wel genoeg gaat doen om dan geen freeloader te zijn.

Neem je skateboard wel mee, meestal bouwt iemand wel een halfpipe ergens. Veel geluk gewenst!!! We zien je daaro...
madmatt

Postby gyre » Wed May 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Neerplonken in the desert???
Sounds right, anyway.
gyre

thanks

Postby your mother » Thu May 15, 2008 3:37 am

especially that dadara sounds amazing funny, since i will be arriving early (23) i might have some time to help out.

i'll take everything with me including my flying carpet (dream on) so i'll be alright!
LOVE
your mother

Postby your mother » Thu May 15, 2008 3:43 am

oh wacht het woordje freeloader makes sense now, i repeat the word freeloader makes sense. the problem is that i'm not sure how i will get there and for me it's wasting money to buy all kinds of camping equipment which i have here but cannot bring. I'll take as much as i can and already planning on gifts to thank people who helped me out. I don't have a driver license and getting an RV is already to much for this bum. this ticket costed me heaps already. but i'll arranged a ride already and will be able to bring enough supplies hopefully. but i also feel that it's a bit to much that 40.000 or 50.000 people all have a stove, while you might only need 10.000. i can always make a sign saying will dance, hug, massage, sing, scream for food. or else i just starf. but i hate the word parasite or like using people. i think my smile will get me through the week! have to work again!
thanks for replying matt!
LOVE
your mother

Return to Introduce Yourself!