confused-lost virgin!!

confused-lost virgin!!

Postby dermoyo » Thu May 08, 2008 11:29 am

Ok, I have known about BM for quite awhile I have always wanted to experience it but I have never known anyone that goes. I want to go more than ever this year but i still dont know anyone that is going! I truly dont know what to expect, If i am going to have a camp spot reserved with my ticket or do i just pull up and find a spot? Also, I was only planning on coming for 4 days is it allowed to show up late or do you have to be there the whole week to get a camp spot. I have alot of questions but if anyone can help me with these issues, I would greatly appericate it! thanks

Postby thirt33n » Thu May 08, 2008 12:21 pm

everything you'll ever want to know can be found here on eplaya. take a bunch of time and sift through everything.
going solo might just be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. it's easy to make friends. everyone is your friend. just read read read the first timers and survival guide. know them, live them, love them.

you show up when you show up and you drive around slowly until you find a nice spot. then you set up and make yourself comfy and then you have the experience of a lifetime.

as far as 4 days, if you have real world obligations then o what you gotta do but I'd say if your going to go then don't do it half ass. take the whole week. you'll be glad you did most likely.

welcome. browse eplaya now. Go, Grasshopper.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby gyre » Thu May 08, 2008 4:47 pm

The first part of the week is the best part.

There's plenty of room to camp, unless you want to be under the tree.

And, now, you know some people.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

Postby CrazyPirateGirl » Fri May 09, 2008 8:53 am

I believe Utah has a regional burn as well...but I'm not 100% on that.
Otherwise there is still almost definitely a burner community in your area, and I'm sure you can find them on here. If not, screw it and go alone. It's not hard to make friends because everyone has just kind of accepted that we are all already friends so there's not awkward "getting to know you" stage.
Peace, love, and burn shit,
D aka. Princess Oopalee

Postby AntiM » Fri May 09, 2008 10:07 am

Utah has a kickin' regional. Tickets on sale now, $40. Dates: 5/30 to 6/01. Look for us on . No tickets sales at the gate.

Good way to meet the Utah burners, there's a surprising number of us.
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby BitterDan » Fri May 09, 2008 2:05 pm

it's easy to make friends. everyone is your friend

While this is an absolute truth of the playa I wouldn't have wanted to go solo for my first time. Maybe I am just overly-introverted but I typically won't approach people I don't know and start up a conversation (without the cover of the intraweb to hide behind). That's what I have my good friend Dato for; he'll approach ANYONE and start a conversation.

I think if I went solo I would not have as much fun simply because I was surrounded by strangers of whom none I felt "safe" with and there are many nights at BM when I need to feel "safe". It could just be me, maybe you are just like Dato and meet people with no trouble at all.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)

Postby thirt33n » Fri May 09, 2008 7:33 pm

well, oh yeah?

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Return to Introduce Yourself!