1st Timer from MI

1st Timer from MI

Postby pureidea » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Everyone!
As the title says, I've never been to BM before but that's going to change this summer! My name is Abby; I'm from Ann Arbor, but I go to school in NYC. I'm hoping to connect up with some burners in MI or the midwest as that's where I'll be heading out from this summer.

I'm flying solo, following a dream to attend BM as I haven't had the time or money before this year. However, I'm trying to figure out getting out there/camping. Would anyone be willing to take an enthusiastic first-timer under their wing? Looking for someone to maybe carpool out there, or rent a car with at the airport. Please get in touch if you're interested!

Also thinking of joining the videogasm camp...but I'm not sure how camp grouping come about...I'm a poet and in all ways literarily inclined, so looking to contribute something of that sort...any ideas?

I'm really excited about this awesome experience! Thanks for all your insight!
~Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats. -Diane Arbus~
pureidea

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Greetings Abby. Read, read and read some more. 99.9% of the question you have will be answered in this forum.

Joining a theme camp can be as easy as dropping an email and telling about yourself to the camp manager and relatively cheap or free. Other camps have formal selection with applications, dues, and expectations of labor or money or both.

so read on, and look forward to seeing you on playa.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby ragabashpup » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Welcome Abby and don't forget to read the survival guide over and over and over again.
ragabashpup

Postby sputnik » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Hey Abby, the folks with Videogasm are wonderful. There is a pretty strong community in Detroit, but we have strong ties to NYC as well. First year can be tough solo, but if you're up to it, then do it.
It's going to be alright.
sputnik

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Postby troyds » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Abby,

I camped with Videogasm last year and had a great time. The whole of Snowflake Village was a great group last year.

I'm probably going to camp with Videogasm again this year and will be bringing my and other's poetry to read as a form of sharing.

Good luck, if you have any questions you can email me any time at tdshiker@yahoo.com

CU on the playa,

Troy
troyds

Postby Intubater69 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:44 am

Greetings Abby from another MI 08 virgin, living up in the sticks near South Lyon :D
I get to drive the ambulance how fast?!!

SailMan
Intubater69

Postby BitterDan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:09 pm

All fresh meat will be appropriately roasted at the Moonshine Tavern.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Return to Introduce Yourself!