flaming virgin from Thailand!

flaming virgin from Thailand!

Postby funsmith » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi,
I am an international student at a comminity college in Santa Cruz. Most of the people here have been to the BM and the pictures are just peaceful.

I am going this year and just stopping by to say hi to all my fellow BMers new or old. Love you all.Sunny
funsmith

Postby LeChatNoir » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Sunnyfunsmith!!!

Welcome…

Glad you could make it, and now let the fun begin…

PLANNING FOR YOUR FIRST BURN!!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby gyre » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Welcome, Sunny.

Barbie Death Camp has an art car named Tieland.
Maybe you should check it out some time.
It's a fun car.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby funsmith » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 pm

Wow! Tieland, Definitely.
I am glad, it's my first time and I already feel welcomed. Thank you all.
funsmith

Postby funsmith » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:01 pm

I am excited and since I just placed my order for the tickets I am feeling dizzy.
Now I have to start preparing. I've heard it's a gift economy but then I read somewhere you pay for somethings too? how does this work?
funsmith

Postby LeChatNoir » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:22 pm

The only thing for sale at the event is ice (at several places around the city) and coffee & tea at Center Camp. I think the sales of coffee cover the cost of the coffee, but the proceeds from the sale of ice go to the local schools.

And it should be noted that many people take issue with even these items being sold, though it’s generally the coffee more than it is the ice from which the contentions arise... but anyways, after that it’s a gift economy. People barter sometimes too, but its generally encouraged to simply give something of yourself. Be it sweat on a project or something you’ve made. Handmade gifts are generally more appreciated that items purchased for giving away. There’s no rules for gifting really… just if you feel the urge to do so, then do it. Sometimes people will say, “No thanksâ€
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Bin Noddin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:45 pm

Sawasdee krob, Sunny. Now that we've drowned him in affection and welcome, shall we invite DVD Burner to challenge him on the basis that he said he's from Thailand and . . .
POP!!!
Hey, what's with the bitchslap?
Thanks.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen
Bin Noddin

Postby funsmith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Thank you for clearing the dilemma. :D

Peace borther. No bitchslaps are to be thrown freely around here. It goes like
POP!!!POP!!!POP!!!.
funsmith

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:42 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:The only thing for sale at the event is ice (at several places around the city) and coffee & tea at Center Camp. I think the sales of coffee cover the cost of the coffee, but the proceeds from the sale of ice go to the local schools.

And it should be noted that many people take issue with even these items being sold, though it’s generally the coffee more than it is the ice from which the contentions arise...
It's my understanding that ice sales are mandated by the local Health Department. Don't fool yourselves, a large enough outbreak of food poisoning could shut down the event entirely.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!