Burn baby burn - Irish Burning Virgin

Burn baby burn - Irish Burning Virgin

Postby Dreamer121 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:58 am

Hello fellow burners!

I'm taking a year to travel and my first stop is Black Rock City! I cannot wait to be amongst people with love written all over their faces! Just looking through the picture gallerys make me wet. Looking forward to making friends and connecting with like minded individuals.

I'm thinking it might be necessary to rent a car in Reno in order to have well stocked supplies... Also hoping the nevada sun isnt going to be too intimidating in comparision with the chilly weather in Belfast!

Scott
x
Dreamer121

eXCITED

Postby K1tten » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:50 am

Oh wow all he way from ireland?? That's so exciting! Where else are you gonna go? I'd love to take a year too....

It's my first year too and I'm also used to the chilly weather. I'm from Virginia but it's a lot colder here than people relize. I'm from Jersey at heart to be honest.

Well I hope you have fun! I can't wait!
K1tten

Belfast?

Postby swampdog » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:09 am

Hey Dreamer121, I see you're from Belfast! My very best friend in the world is currently in Belfast (her family home). I've been trying for years to get her to come to the burn (long story). Anyway, with that connection I notice folks from your fair city and spotted a person named Papa Thanatos on eplaya the other day as another Belfast virgin-to-be for 08. I meant to connect up with him (logged on today to look him up and found you instead).

Doesn't seem likely I'll make it to the burn this year, other priorities etc. It would be my 4th if I go. Otherwise I'd love to connect up with you and/or Papa T on the playa. Glad to help out in any way I can.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

quick thought

Postby swampdog » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am

if BRC is part of your year off to travel, maybe you should make it your SECOND stop? Find a camp to join up with, go to their home city, spend a month working on camp prep and projects, and trek in with them to BRC. Simplifies the logistics a bit. While camps do have people from all over, there's usually a home base somewhere where 75% or more of the people live.

Which begs the question - how to find a camp? - you can start here viewforum.php?f=107 ) or you can pick a city that's high on your list and look up the regional for that area and use that to start looking for camps. If you're interested in Pacific North West I may be able to help you out.

Also, I don't know the current status of the Black Rock International Hostel. This is a camp for internationals run out of Reno. I think they're still in operation, I know Hagey had some problems a 2-3 years ago but I think they're fine now. Check http://www.blackrockburnerhostel.com/ . They help folks from around the world get to the playa. It's (as everything BRC) a shoestring operation so I imagine that if you can come early, donations of work would be greatly appreciated (or maybe not - they may be more limited in space than in hands)

Good luck!
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby Papa Thanatos » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 am

Hey Swampdog, thanks for drawing my attention to this, been meaning to check up on the board a bit more often but a few things have taken up my time.

To Dreamer 121, any ideas how your going to get down to Reno yet? I'm taking a few days in San Fran before heading down to the Burn, still got to work that bit out yet.
Tonight, instead of discussing the existence or non-existence of God, they have decided to fight for it. The existence, or non-existence, to be determined by two falls, two submissions, or a knockout. All right boys, let's get to it.
Papa Thanatos

Postby BitterDan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Doesn't seem likely I'll make it to the burn this year, other priorities etc

What could possibly take precedence over Burning Man?
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

waves

Postby GIRL. » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:32 pm

Scott my dear I am quite very jealous of you!!! I wish I was heading over this year! let me know how you get on! :) x
Sick of the landscape, dirty eyed dogma
visually surrounded by the ghost of your trauma.
GIRL.

Return to Introduce Yourself!