Hello from Denmark

Hello from Denmark

Postby Weiss » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey all
I hope that 2008 will be my first BM.
I am going alone and going halfway around the earth for one week is a little too expensive. So i hope to volunteer for the DPW so that i can get as much of the festival as possible and finde lots of new friends.

I really hope to see you
Weiss
Weiss

Postby BitterDan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Does DPW even take virgins?

Seriously though, don't overbook yourself. You'll need to be adjusting to your environment and the people around you so I wouldn't spend too much time volunteering your first year if I were you. However, there are some easy volunteer things that you can do such as Lamplighters or Greeters both of which you'll have a great time.

Additionally, the best kind of volunteers are the accidental volunteers. What I mean by this is when you see someone struggling to set something up or repair their shelter, offer a helping hand. Another great way to contribute is to go on trash detail. You don't have to sign up for anything, just grab a garbage bag and clean up any MOOP you see.

I can see you wanting to join DPW. After all, they are the rock stars of Burning Man that we love so much. If you do end up joining them, be prepared to do some hard work as these guys don't fuck around. It takes a special kind of person to be DPW, maybe you fit the bill?
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby Weiss » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Hey BitterDan

My plan is to volunteer pre-event so that i will have gode time to adjust to the environment and not be overbooked at the festival 8)

Well ther is only one way to find out ;)
Weiss

Postby LeChatNoir » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi Weiss!!

I met some cool fellows from Denmark in 2006. They were the guys who put on the Smukkeste Festial over there. They were having a blast and said that they wanted to implement what they saw and learned at Burning Man into their festival as well.

Welcome to eplaya!!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby ragabashpup » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:13 pm

goodluck and welcome home.
ragabashpup

Postby Weiss » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:23 am

Hey LeChatNoir

I know the Danmarks smukkeste festival "Denmarks beautifulest festival"
thow its ben a few years since i was ther the last time.
Cool that they vil use what they learned at BM
Hmm.. And a regional network for Denmark whut be cool
http://regionals.burningman.com/eu_index.html

Danm... Just looked up the airline ticket 1800$ :S
When i'me going i want to stay for a month or two...
Weiss

Postby ibdave » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:12 pm

BitterDan wrote:Does DPW even take virgins?
Additionally, the best kind of volunteers are the accidental volunteers. What I mean by this is when you see someone struggling to set something up or repair their shelter, offer a helping hand.

Dan, you make a very great point about Volunteers, I have the most fun just random lending of hands to people.....
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Return to Introduce Yourself!