I don't think we're in the Emerald City anymore, Toto!

I don't think we're in the Emerald City anymore, Toto!

Postby 'Thena » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Virgin from lovely Seattle. Going this year with my virgin boyfriend and twice-over burner friend. Just wanted to say hi and make some friends. Mostly waiting for more events/themes/whatever to be posted before I ask for advice and inclusion, but I'm just so excited I couldn't wait!
Anyone from Sea-town wanting to do a theme camp but feeling unmotivated? PM me and maybe with our motivation combined......
'Thena

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 am

Great, another newbie. Go away, Burning Man is full, too many people already!

Just kidding...

There's lots of us in Seattle. I don't know this for a fact, but rumor has it that the Lower Level is back open. That's a bar at 12th and Pike where burners hang every Monday night.
Anyone know if it's open again? I never go myself because of my work schedule.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby 'Thena » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:48 pm

I wouldn't be able to go for the same reason.
Plus I feel like I shouldn't go to burner events since I haven't actually been to bm before. Is that an inappropriate/unusual feeling? It's not that I'm worried about not being 'one of you,' just worried the convo and such would revolve around bm events and people I don't know. Or do they end up just being like any other bar night?
'Thena

Postby AntiM » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Exactly the opposite! You should find other burners, get to know folks, meet and greet and attend a few parties and gatherings. Local veteran burners will have ideas, perspectives, resources and advice that you can't find anywhere else. Burning Man is not always the Main Event!

That said, we went to Burning Man cold, and did fine. But we missed out on some great happenings here in Utah, like the Sun Tunnel regional (we can't do that officially anymore, the artists said "no.") And we've have known a few things we learned by trial and error.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby mdmf007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Communicate - and network, makes life easier if you dont have the infrastructure you need to go to BM solo easily.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby 'Thena » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Well, like I said, not going solo... Have a friend who's been for the last two years... But all take all y'alls advice and keep my e-ear out for burner events this summer.
'Thena

Return to Introduce Yourself!