What you see is what you get - temporarily

Use this space for bug reports or to discuss site functionality and statistics.

Postby ibdave » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Hey, Ygmir and I want to have all the fun.. All you other "hater's" leave and go find someone else to go pick on.. Ygmir and I found this one.. Leave I tell ya, Leave... :shock: :shock: :shock:

now back to the show..... :wink: :wink: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby ibdave » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:35 pm

ygmir wrote: I got plonked first.......

That can be debated......
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Here and there » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:18 am

The screenshots I promised can be found on this page on a site which I've just created on 8m.com, but looking at the responses that have followed, I wonder why I even bothered.

AntiM, as for rolling your eyes, right back at you, hon. There is no such thing as a social obligation to be cooperatively stupid, and when I'm asked to take seriously a claim that it's impossible to pick up on a veiled threat in a printed message, especially one as thinly veiled as yours was, that's what is being asked of me. My answer to such a request is always going to be "no".

I've already read CF's comments about passing the initiation by taking large amounts of abuse from the in-kids without protest, so I know exactly where's she's coming from, and just how much her perceptions are worth. What I'm seeing on this supposedly new and improved ePlaya, so far, is a group of people who lack the emotional maturity to handle seeing a bug report appearing on the bug reports board, rallying around a mod who is so drunk with the petty and insignificant powers which she has been granted that she acts insanely, and then tries to bluff her way out of looking as bad as she is, when she discovers that the newcomer she had intended to bully into butt kissing submission has long since learned how to deal with people like her.

"I would have thought you were too savvy for a rookie error such as that" ... but not savvy enough to know the emperor's new clothes game when I see it being played? Please. The only question left to me, at this point, is whether those I see assembled represent a worthless minority on ePlaya, as it is now, or the norm, which gives us the answer to CF's question

theCryptofishist wrote:I pretty much wonder how *he's* going to follow this precept now:
If I see somebody being an a**hole to anybody, anywhere, he's off my screen, permanently.

By noting that civility is not best measured by a majority vote? Every time I see somebody acting like a jerk - and right now, that's "Fishy" and that's you, too, AntiM - crude attempts at manipulation are not an admirable thing - that somebody is going to get blocked. If I find myself facing blank screens, then I'll know that the new and reformed ePlaya has not lived up to the hype, and isn't worth my time. If not, then I'll talk with whoever is left, and whether that's a majority or a minority of the membership is of no concern to me.

You folks have a problem report, and the screenshots needed to see what is going on - act on it or don't. I really don't care. I'm not that deeply invested in this board, and if you people want to foul up your own online home just to prove to the world that nobody is going to tell you that you can't act stupidly - be my guest. Go for it. I'll just post elsewhere, while the one place in all of creation where your posturing will be taken seriously, will be taken slightly less seriously by everybody else, and in the end, who does that hurt?

Give you a hint, tykes - it's not me. B'bye. This thread is now all yours.
Here and there

Postby AntiM » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:30 am

You're still wrong. Find one person who feels I have their removed post for personal pettiness. You will not. FYI, the moderators keep a file of what posts are removed for just this reason.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Dork » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:41 am

I haven't been reading a lot of posts lately - if anyone needs me be sure to send me a PM. If you hadn't gone out of your way to piss off Anti M someone might have already sent me one.

I can't figure out what you're trying to do either - are you saying you think adding color=transparent is supposed to make your ... invisible?
Dork

Postby gyre » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:47 am

I see it now.
I've been frustrated trying to do this sort of thing.
I managed to code something to do that the other day and I still can't figure out how it worked.

Weird anomaly, but does anyone use explorer anymore?
Windows people I know don't even install it now.
gyre

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 am

Are people complaining because they can't make their text invisible?????

:?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby AntiM » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:38 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Are people complaining because they can't make their text invisible?????

:?

Not text exactly. From what I can make of the screen shots, the missing element is a series of periods/dots. Like this

"............"

Forgive me if I was inaccurate, I did not count the exact amount of invisible periods.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jkisha » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 pm

OK, who really gives a shit??? I've made lots of posts on this board and have never had any call to do anything that obtuse with the code to get my point accross. I might suggest that you seek therapy to help you over your obsession to having to use some obscure BBS code in order to enjoy posting here. Or, use a browser that supports what you are trying to do.

I think (this is my personal pet pieve) that the only thing this board needs to make it more pleasurable to use is an upgrade...probably both the software and hardware, so it is more responsive and doesn't take 30 plus seconds per post or to navigate from link to link.

Now that's something to worry about! ;)

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby gyre » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Anytime you need to make a list or chart or do any spacing it's an issue.
There is a way to do it, but I don't know it.
I don't think it's straightforward.
gyre

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Damn. I have nothing to say, and I can't fix it so that nobody can see it.

Waa.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Dork » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm closing this thread because it's gotten way too abusive and pointless. If anyone can provide a coherent bug report please send me a PM.
Dork

Previous

Return to Site Function