Caution Eplaya Hacked Again

We're doing it wrong...we know

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:03 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:If anyone wants to know about teredo, the best thing to do is disable it on your computer.

Why would you want to disable Teredo?

Teredo increases the attack surface by assigning globally routable IPv6 addresses to network hosts behind NAT devices, which are otherwise mostly unreachable from the Internet. By doing so, Teredo potentially exposes any IPv6-enabled application with an open port to the outside. It also exposes the IPv6 stack and the Teredo tunneling software to attacks should they have any remotely exploitable vulnerability.

Teredo is just an temporary fix for old non-compliant IPv4 NAT routers. You also don't need it to connect anywhere in the US. When everyone has a new IPv6 routers, you won't even need Teredo and no one needs to have tunneling drivers unless you need it to connect to your business network.

Again read this article. If you know about Black Hat you should take this seriously:

Black Hat 2007: Vista users urged to beware of IPv6

By Bill Brenner, Senior News Writer
02 Aug 2007 | SearchSecurity.com

LAS VEGAS -- Vista users would be wise to turn off the Teredo IP tunneling system that is enabled by default in Microsoft's newest operating system, since attackers may be able to exploit it for phishing, pharming and other mischief. James Hoagland, principal security researcher for Symantec Corp., issued that warning Thursday during a presentation at the Black Hat 2007 conference.

Hoagland -- along with fellow researchers Matt Conover, Tim Newsham and Ollie Whitehouse -- conducted an extensive analysis of Vista. They found that while Microsoft has significantly improved security in the latest version of Windows, new vulnerabilities were likely created in the process.

Hoagland said the best example may be Vista's default enabling of Teredo. The software giant has embraced Teredo as a way to help users transition from IPv4, the long-standing protocol that is quickly running short on IP address space, to IPv6, a more advanced protocol that vastly increases the number of IP addresses available to networked devices.

He said Microsoft loves IPv6 because, among other things, it eases the process of setting up peer-to-peer (P2P) gaming programs. But on the down side, IPv6 can also double Vista's possible attack surface -- at least until IPv4 is eliminated. Furthermore, many network security controls may not be ready for IPv6.

Hoagland noted that the Cupertino, Calif.-based Symantec has already discovered one Teredo/IPv6-related flaw in Vista, which Microsoft patched in the MS07-038 security update released last month. According to the researchers, the Teredo interface in Vista was not properly handling certain network traffic, allowing remote attackers to bypass firewall-blocking rules and obtain sensitive information via crafted IPv6 traffic.

Disabling IPv6 in Windows Vista -- Pros and cons: Disabling IPv6 in Windows Vista could prevent performance and security problems, but there are pros and cons. "There are some serious security implications with Teredo," Hoagland said. "This includes the potential for unexpected host accessibility, phishing and pharming threats and possible peer address disclosure."

Attackers could also exploit Vista's implementation of Teredo to bypass such network security controls as firewalls and intrusion detection-prevention (IDS/IPS) systems. To correct this, Hoagland said security tools need to be reprogrammed so they are specifically aware of Teredo.

"Because it can be so difficult to inspect Teredo, a consensus has been reached [in the information security community] that Teredo should not be used in managed networks," Hoagland said.

To be fair, he said, there are some positives with Teredo. It requires a lot of packet-sanity checks, which can prevent a number of attacks. The program also includes some decent anti-spoofing mechanisms. But for Hoagland, that's not much of a silver lining.

"Disable Teredo and block it on the network," Hoagland instructed, "upgrade your security controls and beware of Teredo tunneling through your network."
End of Article

Another thing is you don't need to connect to the internet!

As far unidentified hops in your tracerts other then your private network, you have a security problem. I've never seen this before on my internet connections.

AIIZ

I reiterate, don't worry about it.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:05 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Captain Goddammit wrote:Your internet safety rules are numbered incorrectly; those are rule numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5. Internet safety rule number 1 is use a Mac!

That might have been true a few years ago, but because of the popularity of MACs they are also starting to be targets of hackers and viruses.

The days of protection by obscurity are gone.

JK

The days of using "obscurity" to explain superior Mac security are gone!

Obviously the words of a MAC owner. :wink:

JK
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:08 am

I can not believe I am interested in this thread.
The pros and cons of IPV6 exist on all platforms, Mac and PC alike. Linux included. The pros out weigh the cons.
I'd get into this more but I just finished another show and am tired.
Symantec addressed the issue AZ posted by coming out with 360, and they are not the only ones to come out with solutions all this year.
Like JK said, not to worry about it.
(Note the article AZ posted is from 2007)
I'm going to sleep. Talk later.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:40 am

jkisha wrote:Obviously the words of a MAC owner. :wink:

JK

Ask anyone who has both...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby wedeliver » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:50 am

Today, your OS is not as important as the apps you run..

And whos to say it will be your computer that will bring ya down...

here's a quote from my god Steve Gibson
Steve: Yeah, yeah. The big, well, there's a couple interesting things. The potentially
most interesting news of the week was a story that was picked up by a number of
computer journals. I don't know if it's made the popular press because I know that
InformationWeek, ZDNet, and the Register in the U.K. picked it up. There was a Polish
security researcher by the name of Adam Gowdiak, G-o-w-d-i-a-k. He claims, and Nokia
has since confirmed, that he found two serious security vulnerabilities in the Java mobile
technology J2ME, which is deployed on Nokia Series 40 handsets, of which there are
more than 100 million.

more on the above:
Steve: Any, yeah, radio is bad. I mean, yes, it's useful. Yes, we use it, you know,
because it's so handy and so potentially beneficial that it's like, okay, well, how bad is it?
Well, in this case Nokia's very unhappy. This guy actually was holding them and Sun
ransom to the tune of 20,000 euros. He wanted 20,000 euros from each of them, which
is just shy of about 3,000 U.S. dollars at the moment, before he would tell them what he
found. But he told them enough. Apparently there are remotely executable exploits in
more than 100 million Nokia Series 40 phones. Those tend to be the low-end handsets
that are using that particular run of the Java system. Which, if you know the phone
number, you can, without any permission required or knowledge from the handset's
owner, you are able to install and run any code remotely that you want. So that's not
good.

and this one:

Steve: So, you know, this is what happens. And again, I did smile a little bit because I
thought, well, okay, this is bad, but so is radio. I mean, it's just - it's risky. So the other
news, and when I saw this I checked, Opera is getting a lot of updates. And there's
another one. So anyone running Opera, check your little, under the Help deal, check for
updates. And you'll find, if you're not already on 9.52, that there is now 9.52 ready for
you. On the Windows edition that update fixes seven flaws, five in the Mac, and six in
Linux. So there's a bunch of stuff. They've been - most of what they fixed they've
revealed. But they're being coy in one case where there's some sort of a cross-site
scripting vulnerability - we did a whole episode on Security Now! a while back on crosssite
scripting - that essentially allows various sorts of exploits to be pulled off with the
benefit of stuff from the browser getting into a website and confusing the code that runs
on the website in a way that allows you to, like, get your credentials messed up or spoof
who you are to another site and so forth. Anyway, it's a bad thing, so you definitely want
to get that fixed.
And one last little bit on the DNS flaw that I've picked up, I thought was very interesting.
The DNS flaw that we've spoken about now for several weeks is, Dan says, is actively
being exploited, although there's not a lot of people talking about it. It's the kind of thing
now that ISPs are not going to be probably anxious to blab about. But in the case of a
Chinese, a large Chinese ISP called China Netcom, there was an exploit against their
name servers that I thought was rather clever. And that is, somebody is injecting
mistyped domain names, similar to Amazon or Google or Microsoft or those. And if you
think about it, everything we've been talking about was the notion of overwriting valid
domain names with something else. Well, there's nothing to prevent you from injecting,
like making up domain names that don't even exist in, for example, in the dotcom
servers. The same spoofing attack would allow you to deliberately create every kind of
misspelling of Microsoft that you can imagine someone might make, and just stuff an
ISP's name server with all those misspellings. And in this case, in every case they direct
your browser to an IP that brings up a page which attempts to exploit all the most
recently disclosed and fixed, but still maybe not patched in, for example, Chinese
machines, which we know tend to lag behind the patch levels of Western machines, just
as a consequence of the machine's heritage and software and so forth. So I just thought
that was an interesting twist on, I mean, they're using the Kaminsky approach of
jamming records into a DNS server. In this case they're not replacing valid ones, they're
filling the server up with all kinds of mis-typings. So that someone makes a typo, and
rather than getting "Sorry, we couldn't reach that site," they are exploited.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
jkisha wrote:Obviously the words of a MAC owner. :wink:

JK

Ask anyone who has both...

I wasn't putting them down. I think they have a huge advantage over PCs particularly for novice users.

A big part of the reason they have been 'so reliable' and 'easy to use' is that almost everything you use with them is proprietary. It's easy to design a stable system and support it when you know exactly what will be connected to it and installed on it.

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:33 pm

I just noticed an irony... you live in LA, close to Apple, yet seem to like Microsoft stuff. I live 5 miles from Microsoft Main Campus and prefer Apple stuff. Go figger.
Captain Goddammit

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:I just noticed an irony... you live in LA, close to Apple, yet seem to like Microsoft stuff. I live 5 miles from Microsoft Main Campus and prefer Apple stuff. Go figger.

I grew up with Microsoft PCs and my company is a MS partner, so I guess I am a bit biased. Additionally, for business and Internet applications they are still ahead of MACs.

I have been wanting an iPhone for awhile now. There were only two things holding me back--one being that I'd have to switch providers and the other was that they didn't support RDP (the ability for me to connect to and manage servers). I just found out two days ago there is now an RDP app available, so I have a strong suspicion I'll be getting one maybe for Xmas. (I just hate AT&T :x )

We have a lot of clients on MACs, so I'm not trying to say one is better than the other. If you're a graphics oriented person, it's hard to beat a MAC; and stylistically they are great looking machines too.

The MAC commercials are GREAT and I gave a lot of consideration to actually getting a MAC laptop right after I upgraded to VISTA! MS really f**ked up big-time with that release. Fortunately after many months of suffering and software upgrades...oh well, I'll spare you the story, it's long and not pretty.

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Living where I do, I make a lot of my income from Microsoft-employed customers. I do live better because of Microsoft... but...
Considering that new Apple computers will run both Mac OS X AND Windows Vista, I can't understand why anyone wants a Windows-only computer.
Captain Goddammit

Postby spectabillis » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:05 pm

DVD Burner wrote:I can not believe I am interested in this thread...

doesnt surprise me, i remember very well your ignorant blathering of the entire bmorg llc trashing all thier hardware that didnt support ipv6 and changing the configurations on everything - just to fix a simple spamming problem on the eplaya.

lesson learned: be mindful about taking advice from others, let them ramble on and such, but when a few phpbb mods can fix the problem rather than changing the whole enterprise... well, that really explains itself.

so by all means, please continue the random babble.
spectabillis

Postby Elderberry » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:11 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Living where I do, I make a lot of my income from Microsoft-employed customers. I do live better because of Microsoft... but...
Considering that new Apple computers will run both Mac OS X AND Windows Vista, I can't understand why anyone wants a Windows-only computer.

Ya, that was really a smart move on their part when they made them dual bootable with Vista and support MS Office Applications. And I certainly would not rule out buying one.

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 pm

spectabillis wrote:
doesnt surprise me, i remember very well your ignorant blathering of the entire bmorg llc trashing all thier hardware that didnt support ipv6 and changing the configurations on everything - just to fix a simple spamming problem on the eplaya.

lesson learned: be mindful about taking advice from others, let them ramble on and such, but when a few phpbb mods can fix the problem rather than changing the whole enterprise... well, that really explains itself.

so by all means, please continue the random babble.

"Trashing all their hardware"? Now who's babbling?

Got a link?

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:53 am

So, anyway, getting back to the topic of IPV6, I dont know if AZ and spectabillis are knocking IPV6 or knocking me or what but IPV6 cant be that bad if it is the military standard and a Google standard:

viewtopic.php?t=5274&start=60

May

* Following both the Sichuan earthquake in China and Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar (Burma), Google Earth adds new satellite information for the region(s) to help recovery efforts.
* Reflecting our commitment to searchers worldwide, Google search now supports Unicode 5.1.
* At a developer event, we preview Google FriendConnect, a set of functions and applications enabling website owners to easily make their sites social by adding registration, invitations, members gallery, message posting, and reviews, plus applications built by the OpenSocial developer community.
* With IPv4 addresses (the numbers that computers use to connect to the Internet) running low, Google search becomes available over IPv6, a new IP address space large enough to assign almost three billion networks to every person on the planet. Vint Cerf is a key proponent of broad and immediate adoption of IPv6.
* Google Translate adds 10 more languages (Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian and Swedish), bringing the total to 23.
* We introduce a series of blog posts detailing the many aspects of good search results on the Official Google Blog.
* California 6th grader Grace Moon wins the U.S. 2008 Doodle 4 Google competition for her doodle "Up In The Clouds."

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:58 am

So....Ummmm, to conclude my point over the years about IPV6 long before Google adopted it is, Yeah, I guess all they say about IPV6 is or can be true....... I guess......... if you know or dont know what you are doing with it.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:09 am

You know something, after all these years of talking about IPV6, it's only this year that Google adopts it.

Amazing! :roll:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 am

Oh hey, remember this?

DVD Burner wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=5274&start=60

May

* At a developer event, we preview Google FriendConnect, a set of functions and applications enabling website owners to easily make their sites social by adding registration, invitations, members gallery, message posting, and reviews, plus applications built by the OpenSocial developer community.

This just out today:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00852.html

Facebook 'Connect' Zaps Site Registration Hassles

Facebook says it will introduce a 'Connect' feature that streamlines access across multiple sites elevating the hassle of website registration.

Daniel Ionescu, PC World
PC World
Monday, December 1, 2008; 9:19 AM

Facebook is getting ready to take another stab at introducing a Beacon-like feature that allows your Facebook friends track your Web-whereabouts with a service called Connect. The service is set to launch within a few weeks, according to Facebook.

The Facebook Connect feature will allow participating Connect site owners to share user names and logins. This allows end user to sign into Facebook, for example, and surf over to another participating Connect site and avoid having to create an additional user name and password for access to that site. Another aspect of the Connect feature will update your Facebook Newsfeed with news as to what participating Connect websites you've visited. For example, if you "dugg" an article on Digg your Facebook Newsfeed would report this.

This is not the first time Facebook is trying to federate user information across the Web. Last year, Facebook's 'Beacon' advertising program backfired at the company, as the program failed to properly warn users that their activity on partner websites was shared on Facebook.

However, this time, Facebook seems to have learned from its previous experience and 'Connect' users will be able to adjust their privacy settings - as for which of their actions will be shared on the social network - besides Facebook "carefully authorizing" each partner in the 'Connect' program. The new feature will compete with similar offerings from rival social network MySpace and with Google's 'Friend Connect'.

Facebook 'Connect' works in a remote way like 'OpenID'. Basically, using this feature you will be able to access various websites (such as Digg - pictured above) without having to create a new profile and tediously enter all your personal data.

And with this new feature, you can also connect your friends to the website of choice. As an additional example, if you watch a video on a website - such as CBS - you can invite your friends to join in and watch the clip with you.

But the similarities between 'Connect' and 'OpenID' end here. Facebook is using proprietary standards for login and data sharing - in contrast to MySpace - who is embracing 'OpenID' and is also closely collaborating with Google's 'Friend Connect'.

So far, Movable Type, Amiando, CBS.com, CitySearch, CNET, CollegeHumor, Disney-ABC Television Group, Evite, Flock, Kongregate, Loopt, Plaxo, Radar, Red Bull, Seesmic, Socialthing!, StumbleUpon, The Insider, Twitter, Uber, Vimeo, and Xobni have announced participation in the Connect program.

Well, in a nutshell, just more flexibility with your personal data when going on new websites and the possibility of bringing your Facebook friends along - making the Web more social.

Actually, from a first look at the upcoming 'Connect' feature, there's more to win from Facebook's point of view. While the users will 'Connect' to other websites using their Facebook credentials, the social network will gather more information about your likes and dislikes for future advertising purposes, even though it won't be made public - unlike with 'Beacon'. And ultimately, 'Connect' will help Facebook extend its reach - together with partner websites - just like Mark Zuckerberg discussed a couple of months ago at the Web 2.0 Conference in San Francisco.

Not sayin this is necessarily a good thing but IPV6 is intertwined in this also.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 am

More IPV6 News for today:

Linux Foundation Says All Major Distros Are IPv6 Compliant

http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/08/11/30/1326250.shtml

Posted by Soulskill on Sunday November 30, @09:35AM
from the getting-things-done dept.

ruphus13 points out news from the Linux Foundation, which announced that all major Linux distributions meet certification requirements for the US Department of Defense's IPv6 mandates. The announcement credits work done by the IPv6 Workgroup, whose members include IBM, HP, Nokia-Siemens, Novell and Red Hat. Quoting: "Linux has had relatively robust IPv6 support since 2005, but further work was needed for the open source platform to achieve full compliance with DoD standards. The Linux Foundation's IPv6 workgroup analyzed the DoD certification requirements and identified key areas where Linux's IPv6 stack needed adjustments in order to guarantee compliance. They collaboratively filled in the gaps and have succeeded in bringing the shared technology into alignment with the DoD's standards."

So I guess IPV6 is here to stay huh? :shock: :roll:
Even in your Cell phones. Just think about that G1 Android.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:39 am

Never get me started about IPV6.

I can go on and on and on. :P

(Oh man, and I did this all sober!) :x

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:17 am

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 am

DVD Burner wrote:Symantec addressed the issue AZ posted by coming out with 360, and they are not the only ones to come out with solutions all this year.
Like JK said, not to worry about it.
(Note the article AZ posted is from 2007)

Please note that .NET Framework and tunneling are interelated.

One reason I don't have auto updates enabled is because I want to see if a script or something knocks out an update. Install an exploit and then your computer reinstalls the update all without you knowing about it.

Both .net Framework and the related fix MS07-038 have been uninstalled and reinstalled on my system more then several times.

Result was a tunneling adapter network set up on my computer found when I checked hidden devices tunneling though coffee shops, libraries and my office system. I don't use tunneling because I don't need it.

So I don't use teredo and have IPv6 disabled. All drivers I don't use are deleted from the system especially network, dial up and the tunneling drivers!

search for: Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide in The LangaList.

The will speed up your system and secure potential exploits.

Before you do, check you windows update history see if the patch and NET Frameword above was updated more then twice. Check your hidden network adapter under Device Management.

And never have auto updates checked just notify when updates are available!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby spectabillis » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:20 pm

DVD Burner wrote:"Trashing all their hardware"? Now who's babbling?

i said trashing all the hardware that doesnt support IPv6. you cant find many new drivers for older and unsupported nic's.

you obviously avoided the culpability of my comment, your constant rambling that the org migrate to ipv6 to solve a phpbb problem, that was simply fixed by a few sw patches instead of changing the entire networking infrastructure of a corporate enterprise. i guess its no surprise that someone like a2z is the last of those still willing to read your babble.

advising against taking technical advice here still stands... but jesus.. this place really doesnt change much.
spectabillis

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:41 pm

spectabillis wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:"Trashing all their hardware"? Now who's babbling?

i said trashing all the hardware that doesnt support IPv6. you cant find many new drivers for older and unsupported nic's.

you obviously avoided the culpability of my comment, your constant rambling that the org migrate to ipv6 to solve a phpbb problem, that was simply fixed by a few sw patches instead of changing the entire networking infrastructure of a corporate enterprise. i guess its no surprise that someone like a2z is the last of those still willing to read your babble.

advising against taking technical advice here still stands... but jesus.. this place really doesnt change much.

Did you expect anything different?
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 pm

[quote="spectabillis"]you obviously avoided the culpability of my comment, your constant rambling that the org migrate to ipv6 to solve a phpbb problem, that was simply fixed by a few sw patches instead of changing the entire networking infrastructure of a corporate enterprise. i guess its no surprise that someone like a2z is the last of those still willing to read your babble.[/quote]

Ok, so lets analyze your babble in more detail shall we?
Lets take on this one first:

[quote="spectabillis"]i said trashing all the hardware [b]that doesnt support IPv6[/b]. you cant find many new drivers for older and unsupported nic's.[/quote]

Ok, classic post from someone that knows nothing of what they speak.
First off, why would you want to use old hardware for any reason these days?
2nd. the nic is not what you need to be concerned about when it comes to IPV6 tunneling.
3rd. you can get a cheap linksys router, say the wrt54g series and modify the firmware and create an IPV6 tunnel. The firmware modification is free and I believe at the time I offered to DONATE a router with the modifications.
4rth. some php over IPV6 for you, since you are the php guru master, what is missing? :
[code]
function isIPIn ($ip,$net,$mask)
{

$net = pack("H" . strlen($net), str_replace(":", "", $net));
$ip = pack("H" . strlen($ip), str_replace(":", "", $ip));
$binnet = str_pad ($net, 128, "0", "STR_PAD_LEFT");
$firstpart = substr($binnet, 0, $mask);
$binip = str_pad ($ip, 128, "0", "STR_PAD_LEFT");
$firstip = substr ($binip, 0, $mask);
return (strcmp ($firstpart, $firstip) == 0);

} [/code]

[code]<?
$ip = "2000:0610:013A:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001";
$net = "2001:0610:013A:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000";
$mask = "48";

echo isIPIn ($ip, $net, $mask);
?> [/code]

[quote="spectabillis"]advising against taking technical advice here still stands... but jesus.. this place really doesnt change much.[/quote]

Nope you'll never change. In fact the more things change here the more you stay the same.

Cheers! :P

(Hey, you wanted to get into it.)

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:23 pm

spectabillis wrote:[surprise that someone like a2z is the last of those still willing to read your babble.

The truth is I will take anyone advice accordingly even from you if you are willing to add to the conversation or bring up an old quirk!

Because of the Bmorg to have non-paid volunteers running this board is one reason I don't visit eplaya without the highest security of running no scripts!

I don't really trust any of you hackers!

So fuck off!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:09 pm

YOu know what is so pathetic about what all of you have done for Eplaya is nothing!

Is that why Larry, Ladybee and other Bmorg members don't post or even acknowledge that eplaya exists?

they rather go and post on an "For Money Site" Where real techs get paid and know what they are doing instead of you computer hackers.

Yeah, I'm taling to all of you! They post there and then laugh about how fucking dumb you are for working for free!

Oh, Eplaya, says Larry or Ladybee, I better go and say something there or those "Idiots" might stop working and we'll really have to pay someone to run our site!

Quite frankly, I was trying to get some help. What a stupid idea that was the only thing I get was getting hacked!

And Specabillis, if you wish to start bring up past conflicts then start your own thread so others can ignore you!

Fuck you all!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Kinetik V » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 am

I'm kinda surprised this board still runs phpBB...I moved RenWest off of it years ago.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Dork » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:18 am

You guys are really good at holding grudges. It's quite impressive.
Dork

Postby Toolmaker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:I don't really trust any of you hackers!

So fuck off!

AIIZ

If anyone from HERE really want to fuxor your box your Ip address would be all they need. You only have yourself to blame for the lack of kung foo.. You have kinda brought it upon yourself to be messed with a lil since everytime you see something you don't understand you make a post about being haxored. Try google sometime, you would be surprised at what you might learn.

In summation.. it IS quite admirable how long some of yall can hold grudges. If you really don't trust eplaya you are more than welcome to avoid the bbs. I have not had any problems with eplaya and applaud Dork for doing the mod to keep 99.9 percent of the spam out. It was a much more sensible decision than replacing hardware AND software. While software with more beels and whistles might be nice its not necessary.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby Dork » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 am

As far as upgrading or changing to a new type of forum goes, here's how I see it.

The process of upgrading would be a pain in the ass. I have somewhat limited access to the servers. Enough to run queries on the phpbb database and modify files within the current eplaya directory but that's it. I'd want to be able to create a new db/directory to play around in and do a test run. Maybe even give users a chance to look at and make comments. Trying to get additional access to BM servers is usually a big hassle and takes a long time with many iterations.

Those who love the new software will pat me on the back then tell me what else I should be doing with it. Those who hate the new software will piss and moan, and tell me what I should do to fix it. Many of the suggestions from these groups will be rather difficult to implement and/or contradict with each other. I'll inevitably piss some people off by not implementing their suggestion, or not doing it properly, or doing it too slowly. Some will bitch and ask for the old stuff back. Most won't care either way.

In the end, we'd have a site that looks a little more modern and has a few new features that won't necessarily make the forum any more useful or generate any more traffic.

So I weigh the almost certain large pain in my ass of upgrading versus the occasional whine about things being out of date and it's an easy decision.

As I've said before, if anyone would like to step up and take over the reigns and can make it through the vetting process (which means you haven't royally pissed off anyone in the org yet and are patient enough to wait months for things to go through) I'd be happy to help you through the process.
Dork

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 am

it's the chinese AIIZ, it's ALWAYS the chinese.

they know you know they know you know.

i only use Commodore 2000 original hardware so i never get touched.
Rated East Coast Fucko, this by no means represents BM or its org...its just some crotchety old fuck

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

PreviousNext

Return to ePlaya Feedback