Caution Eplaya Hacked Again

We're doing it wrong...we know

Postby Kinetik V » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:26 am

You, eccentric? No way! Unbelievable!

Show me a burner who isn't eccentric in one form or another? I have yet to meet even one who isn't.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Elderberry » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:13 am

Sounds like the babies are colicy today. Or maybe they just need their diapers changed. :roll:

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:33 pm

This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Ok, I dont get the picture thingie.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Toolmaker

Postby spectabillis » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:46 pm

jkisha wrote:Sounds like the babies are colicy today. Or maybe they just need their diapers changed.

if you have an issue with it, say so and why, then ignore it and move on. your innuendos and such comments are no different than what you are complaining about.
spectabillis

Postby Elderberry » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:16 pm

spectabillis wrote:
jkisha wrote:Sounds like the babies are colicy today. Or maybe they just need their diapers changed.

if you have an issue with it, say so and why, then ignore it and move on. your innuendos and such comments are no different than what you are complaining about.

I don't know how I can be any more clear. I think the two of you are acting like a couple of babies.

JK
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:39 pm

:lol:

Yeah,

this is gettin good.

Ha.

jkisha, welcome to Specs world.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Toolmaker wrote:Image

Still dont get it.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby spectabillis » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:23 pm

jkisha wrote:I don't know how I can be any more clear. I think the two of you are acting like a couple of babies.

neither do i. you made your point now move on, you are now contributing to this as much as anyone. read k's post for a constructive approach that we should all be following.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:59 pm

and everybody should do as you tell them because......why? :shock:

Hilarious! Dude you are totally funny for someone that cant do much about anything.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 am

Kinetic V wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:I dont but there are a few haters on this board. :lol:

Haters? Where? I don't see any haters.

Are you speaking about that guy that would pop up in every Jewish forum harassing those that would post there. If I want a rant I'd start my own.

And to those that do volunteer on a regular basis, I would hope that a few free tickets made their way into your hands. I appreciate you work. I just wish that those that owned this forum would use it more when they need to speak to the community.

Just don't think that your work here Spectabilis wasn't appreciated. I also thought you were one of the most level headed Mods ever on eplaya especially during my Fag Rant- that was one of the most exciting threads we had going with almost everybody that had not posted on eplaya had to come and put in their two cents.

So i'll leave you hacks to continue my thread without me for a while.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:31 am

Warning, Run Eplaya as UNTRUSTED! IT's run by Hack Hackers!

Ok, now we're back to normal.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby spectabillis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:52 am

you're absolutely right dvd.

to imagine, all the thankless years volunteers put in effort to serve others of the community not just for a few weeks, but all year 'round, year after year. all the insults and attacks, all the antisocial behavior, all the times we tried to keep things going in peace so people could actually use this board for good. all the techincal work, all the fighting against spammers, all the discussions, all the fighing against trolls, all the planning, all the wrangling with an absent corporation that still held the keys... all of it, its really fucking funny.

we built amazing theme camps from this board. we fought with the org to be accountable to the community and were beaten from both sides over it. we tried relentlessly to get peoples issues addressed here for the entire community. we came to each others aid. we helped bring in outsiders and teach them what it was all about, we started so many initiatives and had so many dreams... yeah, its a big fucking joke.

i bet your laughing your ass off now, just like you were when you helped instigate a boardwide conflict that shut this place down. just like you laughed at each volunteer who had to mitigate your conflicts. laughing at us, when we had to be accomodating and polite to your fucked up behavior, because we were helpless to do something about it. laughing at us each time you would buddy up to some volunteer, then piss everyone off after they stuck up for you and you shit on them.

yeah, thats really fucking funny asshole. i am glad people like you can treat everything like its yours, so say "hey, im part of the community too!" and do whatever without regards to others. all even despite that you have absolutely nothing to do with burnignman anymore, and havent for years.

really, fuckoff dvd.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:57 am

Just cant hear you dude.
Music is too loud, havin too much fun with the hotties, programing with my roomies some IPV6 over WiMAX for the G1 Android and just made the Playadance ringtone soon to be posted for everyone that wants it.

YEAH BABY!

Enjoy your evening tho dude.

I sure am.

Hey, If you're in LA stop by and visit.

Cheers! :P

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby spectabillis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 am

no doubt you wont listen, you never do, give it enough time and you will be back with your self-absorbed asshole self...

.. while laughing it all off and finding some way to make it good to you. big man you are, lot of heart you got there.
spectabillis

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:20 am

DVD Burner wrote:Just cant hear you dude.
Music is too loud, havin too much fun with the hotties, programing with my roomies some IPV6 over WiMAX for the G1 Android and just made the Playadance ringtone soon to be posted for everyone that wants it.

YEAH BABY!

Enjoy your evening tho dude.

I sure am.

Hey, If you're in LA stop by and visit.

Cheers! :P

Toolmaker

Postby spectabillis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:39 am

well im definately guilty of not moving on.

another lesson learned - never care in an atmosphere of superficial intentions.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:20 am

spectabillis wrote:well im definately guilty of not moving on.

OOOH MAAAN! That's rich I tell ya! :lol:

So lets see now, does this mean you're moving on?
Hope so tho I dont think it's likely.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 am

DVD Burner wrote:
spectabillis wrote:well im definately guilty of not moving on.

OOOH MAAAN! That's rich I tell ya! :lol:

So lets see now, does this mean you're moving on?
Hope so tho I dont think it's likely.

At least some folks can admit culpability. Funny how DVD always needs to get the last post.

Toolmaker

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:40 am

spectabillis wrote:you're absolutely right dvd.

to imagine, all the thankless years volunteers put in effort to serve others of the community not just for a few weeks, but all year 'round, year after year. all the insults and attacks, all the antisocial behavior, all the times we tried to keep things going in peace so people could actually use this board for good. all the techincal work, all the fighting against spammers, all the discussions, all the fighing against trolls, all the planning, all the wrangling with an absent corporation that still held the keys... all of it, its really fucking funny.

we built amazing theme camps from this board. we fought with the org to be accountable to the community and were beaten from both sides over it. we tried relentlessly to get peoples issues addressed here for the entire community. we came to each others aid. we helped bring in outsiders and teach them what it was all about, we started so many initiatives and had so many dreams... yeah, its a big fucking joke.

i bet your laughing your ass off now, just like you were when you helped instigate a boardwide conflict that shut this place down. just like you laughed at each volunteer who had to mitigate your conflicts. laughing at us, when we had to be accomodating and polite to your fucked up behavior, because we were helpless to do something about it. laughing at us each time you would buddy up to some volunteer, then piss everyone off after they stuck up for you and you shit on them.

yeah, thats really fucking funny asshole. i am glad people like you can treat everything like its yours, so say "hey, im part of the community too!" and do whatever without regards to others. all even despite that you have absolutely nothing to do with burnignman anymore, and havent for years.

really, fuckoff dvd.

I requoted that post because someone needs to get the fuck off their high horse and read the damn thing. The response that followed was bullshit.

DVD, a lot of people over the years have worked behind the scenes to protect your right to post here when the powers that be wanted to boot your ass out and electronically weld the door shut so you would never be able to return. You have been told of those efforts yet you seem to just gloss right over it, stuck in your own little world and it appears you could give a flying fuck less about any of it...as long as you can continue to post you really don't care.

It's fucking shame you can't get your head out of your ass just once and listen to what the other side is trying to tell you. There's some very valuable things to know in SB's posts...to just dismiss it as you did...it's just unbelievable.

Badger was fucking right. Damn I hate saying that, but looking back now, I can see where he was coming from with so many things.

I think I'll head back over to RenWest and try and ignore this part of the online Burning Man experience. In all seriousness after being on this board now for over 8 years in various forms, it's just not worth the time and effort to be here anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that some very good people continue to try and post over here, people that I think the world of, I would never return. In short, thanks for taking a shit in the swimming pool. I'm fucking done and out of this mess.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Elderberry » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:30 am

JK
JK
Elderberry

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:51 am

spectabillis wrote:you're absolutely right dvd.

you would buddy up to some volunteer, then piss everyone off after they stuck up for you and you shit on them.

"hey, im part of the community too!" and do whatever without regards to others. all even despite that you have absolutely nothing to do with burnignman anymore, and havent for years.

Yep, that right on the mark.

I remember the First PM from DVD saying he was told about me here on Eplaya. He buddy up to me on certain issues. But when it came time to stand up for your bud, he was no where to be found after I stood up for him as being a non-burner and he's others right to post even if you're not a burner! Dr. Pryro can't remember meeting you at the Meet and Greet. I couldn't think of attending without meeting the guy and thanking him for putting on the event for all these years. I make it a point every year I attend the Meet and Greet!

Another thing about Spectibilis, on the Fag Rant, he pleading with me to end it for a quite a while, but I persisted waiting for the community to call me on it- only one person did.

And What's NORMAL, DVD? Unless, I want a normal or the relationship with Spec as the way it was before.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok, first off, this is the last time I am going to say this.
The rudeness stops here and now.

And, I have done just as much behind the scenes for eplaya as anyone else here for years.

Let me remind some of you that have no concept of what I have done and still do to this day. Click this link.

Yep, that's right, I have been making sure for many years that eplaya stays online by either coming up with solutions or letting the team know at HQ when eplaya is not working right so that you ungrateful carbon base jelly dumb dumbs have access to your community so that I can enjoy you all insult me about some of the dumbest shit I have never done.

DONT ANYONE HERE EVER TELL ME WHAT I HAVE AND HAVE NOT DONE FOR EPLAYA .

EVER!

I have bent over backwards to make sure everyone knows what is going on at the webteam with eplaya for 6 going on 7 years now.

None of you here on eplaya has the right to tell me what the fuck to do at any time.Well maybe Dork Larry Harvey, Michael and Anti M.

And that's about it. NOBODY ELSE.

You have a problem with me? Try and do something about it.

Like I could really give a shit.
Unlike you folks in this thread, I have a killer life.
Ask Big Bluedoggy, EDub, Ring of Fire, anyone that has met me and hung with me in person. I dont need you guys to have fun or for anything else.

So, here is how it goes, you got a problem? Do something about it. But dont tell me what you think you have done for me or what you think I should do or not do. You dont have it like that.
It's what I have done for you ungrateful dumb SOB's you really oughtta be thinking about. And I have done it for you guys for years and not said anything about it.

OK?

So now it's my turn to say FUCK OFF!

At least unlike most of you folk in this thread, I've earned the right to say so. It was not given to me. It WAS EARNED.

Have a nice day.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Oh and note:

all of those beautiful people you read in the link that worked with me those years to make sure you all were happy, didn't like the rudeness either.

THAT IS WHY THEY LEFT.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby wedeliver » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:32 pm

You are yelling Dude. Mellow.....

DVD Burner wrote:
DONT ANYONE HERE EVER TELL ME WHAT I HAVE AND HAVE NOT DONE FOR EPLAYA .

EVER!

I have bent over backwards to make sure everyone knows what is going on at the webteam with eplaya for 6 going on 7 years now.

You have a problem with me? Try and do something about it.

So, here is how it goes, you got a problem? Do something about it. But dont tell me what you think you have done for me or what you think I should do or not do. You dont have it like that.
It's what I have done for you ungrateful dumb SOB's you really oughtta be thinking about. And I have done it for you guys for years and not said anything about it.

So now it's my turn to say FUCK OFF!

At least unlike most of you folk in this thread, I've earned the right to say so. It was not given to me. It WAS EARNED.

It seems that your involvment here is mostly self serving. You seem so happy when Tribe is down. And then what I find to be the strangest part is you always have the last word. Even if all you say is "blaaa blaaa blaaa" you still post LAST, not making any point, just posting for the sake of having the last word.

You have been here for a long time DVD burner and quite often you post reasonable, interesting things but that don't mean you have earned anything. You get no respect (if thats what you want) from just being here!

Spectabills, right arm! (you can't argue with dipshits! Now I am not saying anyone is a dipshit, just stating a fact. If you try and argue with dipshits they just say dipshit shit back and do not listen or learn anything)

jkisha.. I don't think you know how spectabills has contributed. Even though he is not as ...hummm.. "verbose" as DVD, spectabills rocks in my opinion....
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Jeeez!

Please be the last person that does not get this simple point.

You post for me to answer. How are any of you going to post, especially be rude and not expect for me or anyone to respond.

I dont do anything for me.

I do it because I feel like it.

Stop assuming and just soak in and appreciate what the gift is. Other wise, the gift goes away as we saw Spanky and Technopatra and so many others are doing right now.

Please you guys just stop.

Really. Cant you see what you all are doing is not right?

This is not about last words. This is about respecting each other and not being rude to each other.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Actually I'm done with this thread.

Say all the negative bullshit you want about me in this thread. I could give a shit. I wont post here again.

But dont go in another thread and do the same shit to me and not expect to get a response.

I'm me, and you are you.

When I'm here having a good time and you are having a bad time because I am having a good time, the solution is not to post behind me and start shit.

Just let it go.

It's what I do and is a great solution.

Look at all other threads I post in.

Politics aside. Not in any technical posts do you see a problem from me.

Cheers to this thread I'm outta here.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Toolmaker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:49 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Actually I'm done with this thread.

Say all the negative bullshit you want about me in this thread. I could give a shit. I wont post here again.

WORD!

Toolmaker

Postby spectabillis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 pm

DVD Burner wrote:And, I have done just as much behind the scenes for eplaya as anyone else here for years..
Yep, that's right, I have been making sure for many years that eplaya stays online by either coming up with solutions or letting the team know at HQ when eplaya is not working right so that you ungrateful carbon base jelly dumb dumbs have access to your community so that I can enjoy you all insult me about some of the dumbest shit I have never done.

wow. that has to be sone of the most warped bullshit you have every posted. you definately win the prize.

just for everyone else, as a matter of historical record so the lurkers and others dont get the wrong impression, and dont allow someone like dvd to completely twist and falsify that shit to cover thier own stink - there wanst much of tribe, this place was the central repository and interaction for many people spread around the world. it had a beautiful history, many people here were prime movers. many senior paid staff and prominent people of burningman were very active here. but along with strong talent goes strong wills and minds, which naturally gave rise to some serious interpersonal conflicts.

what dvd is referring to was over four years ago when he was part of a team referred to as etf (eplaya task force). a group that was formed with technopatra as the previous head of this board. there were quite a few issues going on at the time, a significant portion of drama, and the technical and management leadership were in conflict conflict. things came to a head and unfortunately the actions and antics of dvd pretty much provided the ignition point to start the fire.

not all of it was his fault, but what you see here is a prime example how all it takes is a few assholes with some serious antisocial issues to fuel things into a boardwide meltdown, which is exactly what happened. technopatra had previously left, due to some personal issues with another user (and a real psychopath) so the existance of this board was in jeapardy in moving foreward.

this was one of the primary reasons i decided to take an active leadership role, because this board used to be so amazing i didnt want to see it die. no one could contain the animosity, including stopping dvd from spreading it everywhere. there were discussions on adding a moderating team, which i as well as many others, believed that was largely a failure in a communities ability to self-moderate without an external authority. go figure.

from taking a leadership role i have slowly broken this board from the constraints of the org. right now, they only host the server and software - everything else is now run by the very few volunteers you see active here. it was a problem that the etf had become separate from the community (user base) where leadership didnt really know or care what was going on. this had to change if we wanted to turn it around and save it.

so right now, only one server admin from the org has anything to do with eplaya, period, and its been that way for a while now. whoever the fuck dvd is talking to i dont know, because its definately not that admin, and its definately not anyone directly associated with this board. the sad truth is, when i took the helm aboslutely no one on any side wanted anything to do with dvd, and straight up told me so. in fact, he's one of the biggest reasons we had trouble getting any help from the org until this place (very thankfully!) got dork on board. you can read over the various topics here in feedback to see why, he's always been an asshole and alienated this place from them. really, who wants to help here when faced with nothing but animosity by its users?

i did all this to save this place, not for any self-esteem, social standing, or authoritative control and power. in fact i never liked any of those things and wish they would all just go away, and HAVE ALWAYS SAID SO. its not about me or any other volunteer, its all about the community. there still some abso-fucking-lutely amazing people here, and the things we have done for the rest... yeah, we should all be respectful and have nothing but gratitude for it. we rocked the world, we were all the myth makers, we were all the dreamers of the collective dream. its the only thing that matters in the end.

so really, fuckoff dvd. that was it, even despite trying to play your shit down over the years i have always stood up and kept it right, and i always will. there is absolutely no way i will allow your personal issues and actions derail this place like you have in the past, and i will not allow you to re-write our history to support your twisted sense of validation. its unfortunate that others will continue to think i am being confrontational or call me a troll every time i have to address you, but you always attract those people and i cant help that. besides, some are always prone to conflict and are naturally attracted to jump in, so good for you... i guess you are laughing it up because you can keep doing it, and always have for so long.
spectabillis

PreviousNext

Return to ePlaya Feedback