SQL errors

We're doing it wrong...we know

SQL errors

Postby capjbadger » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:03 pm

What is going on? We keep getting these SQL errors when posting or just navigating around the site.

============================================
Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
=============================================

Can we please get this fixed?
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Kinetic IV » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:21 pm

Your request is #4921731 ranking behind such projects as applying phpBB scripts to stop exploits, cleaning up sock puppets and the like.

Not to be negative but until the spammers bring the board down completely it's doubtful our "volunteer" admin Spanky will get around to fixing anything. We've asked for fixes for months and have yet to see anything get done. Surely he's had a little bit of time that could be spent on some eplaya cleanup...we are talking MONTHS here.

You're best bet if you really want to push it is to PM Spanky directly....good luck if you do that.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Actually Spanky, Emilly and the team are on it.

I let them know about it a few days ago. It's just hard to try to pinpoint how and where the problem occurs.

So when anyone can, let them know here where and what it was one was doing when the error occured.

that would help greatly.

I myself have been trying to reproduce the error and have been unsuccessful.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby capjbadger » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:12 pm

Can't help you much there at all.
Its happening while navigating, posting, checking mail, sending mail, everywhere.
All you have to do is be reading the board and switch to a new page and there it is. It can be cleared up for that one page by hitting refresh a few times, but it just happens again randomly once you are off navigaing through the site again.
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

capjbadger

Postby Dork » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:45 pm

It's pretty random. I hit it searching for new posts, reading posts, and replying to posts. Which is pretty much all I ever do here. Refreshing once or twice always clears it.
Dork

Postby Cat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Hi,

this problem was caused by too many people opening sessions at once.

I have increased the max number of sql sessions allowed on the server, so this should be fixed.
Cat
Burning Man IT Operations Manager
Cat

Postby Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:02 pm

Cat wrote:Hi,

I have increased the max number of sql sessions allowed on the server, so this should be fixed.

Cat, who are you? Are you taking over from Spanky? And if so is there a chance you could apply some phpBB patches to control the sock puppet proliferation problem and other ongoing messes? We've been asking for some changes for months, the requests have fallen on deaf ears.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!
Kinetic IV

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:30 pm

Cat wrote:Hi,

Haven't been seeing the errors today at all. I think that cleared it up. Thank you.

capjbadger

Postby spectabillis » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:59 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:...is there a chance you could apply some phpBB patches to control the sock puppet proliferation problem and other ongoing messes? We've been asking for some changes for months, the requests have fallen on deaf ears.

sorta out of the loop right now, but if cat is the same person then yes, already working on it and might already be on the dev server. its never fallen on deaf ears, just busy hands.
spectabillis

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:44 pm

Busy hands...?? LMAO

It had to be said. ;)

capjbadger

Postby Cat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:29 pm

My purpose is not to replace Spanky or fix all that stuff, I fixed this one cause it had impact at a wider level on multiple websites.

But what I did to help, is I forwarded your concerns to who it may concern, so hopefully fixes will soon be on the way.

Good luck to you all :)

Cat
Cat
Burning Man IT Operations Manager
Cat

Postby Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:39 pm

Cat wrote:My purpose is not to replace Spanky or fix all that stuff, I fixed this one cause it had impact at a wider level on multiple websites.

But what I did to help, is I forwarded your concerns to who it may concern, so hopefully fixes will soon be on the way.

Good luck to you all :)

Cat

Trying not to be too negative I won't be holding my breath. Still any improvement is better than nothing and that's all we've had for months.

One might think that all the phpBB script kiddies running amuk would have a greater impact on server performance and would warrant a response. I guess it's all about the spirit of gifting...why not help the Russians sell all that fake big pharma stuff using the ORG's server? We gave Stop Burningman.org a free platform for their agenda so let the trend continue....

And yes I do have a chip on my shoulder and there is no love lost between me and Spanky. Until the situation improves expect more complaints because it's the only thing that eventually seems to get people off their derriere and fixing things.

And Cat....again thank you for giving the eplaya a little bit of much needed attention.
Kinetic IV

Postby spectabillis » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:22 pm

capjbadger wrote:Busy hands...??

*jumps off capjbadgers leg*

hey man, whats with the sandpaper on your shins? that's chafing.
spectabillis

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:42 pm

spectabillis wrote:
capjbadger wrote:Busy hands...??

*jumps off capjbadgers leg*

hey man, whats with the sandpaper on your shins? that's chafing.

*Snort* hahaha

capjbadger

Postby Kinetic IV » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:07 am

It's back!!!!

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 331

or

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11) in /data/vhosts/eplaya.burningman.com/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Kinetic IV

Postby spectabillis » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:07 pm

i hope its only sporadic now the number of connections has been upped, closer it gets to the event, more posts, more logins...
spectabillis

Postby Kinetic IV » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:04 pm

This is ridiculous:

Could not update private message new/read status (2) for user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_privmsgs.MYI'. (errno: 145)

UPDATE phpbb_privmsgs SET privmsgs_type = 5 WHERE privmsgs_type = 1 AND privmsgs_to_userid = 8282

Line : 1912
File : privmsg.php
K-IV
~~~~
Kinetic IV

Postby ThePikey » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:58 am

Yah, I got the same thing. Which really sucks, because I need to dig a phone number out of a PM so I can make arrangements to get my art transported...

*frets*
ThePikey

Return to ePlaya Feedback