Moderation discussion

Discuss the policies of ePlaya here.

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 pm

spectabillis wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:as you can see, this is one of the reasons why eplaya has very few to no experienced IT people. Why should anyone have to put up with bullshit like was just posted.

bullshit? like the attempts to deflect blame away from yourself again since you are one of the single biggest reasons people left? making it personal and causing drama with a comment towards another, like badger, then accusing that person of drama when they respond?

dude, you never will get it... so just leave it alone and dont bring it up anymore. badger has absolutely noting to do with the eplaya, neither does spanky, neither does anyone else who had to deal with you, except me an emily.

Whatever. :shock: :roll:

The only people that are not here or whom have left on the account of me, so they say, in most cases are insignificant to eplaya. In most cases they are not any fun.

Seems like at this point I was and still am the only person to offer and pass on a fix amongst other things to eplaya.

That's a fact son.

Told ya, your best bet was not to say anything if you really had nothing intelligent to say.

The patches, mods and codes I posted on the webteams site is still there.

That's a fact, till someone takes them off.
All you are creating is drama son. If you are really good and really wanted to do something positive for eplaya, you'd look into what I just said and implement the fix for eplaya's problem.
But as we all can see, seems your ego is in the way.
Too bad, it’s really kinda sad.

So you're a bad ass, when is eplaya gonna get fixed?

:lol:

:roll:
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:46 pm

Jeezzz,

I can understand you and Badger being jealous and raging with envy but hey, yall gotta grow up sometime.

Why not start today.

Help fix eplaya.

DVD Burner

Postby Archantael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:44 am

I've got some questions for everyone. I ran a Google search against the eplaya last night looking for any references to Badger being an active participant in the webteam...and I couldn't find any. DVD, do you have anything archived that can remind Badger about his past agreements? If you find it or have it on hand, post it. Cites work miracles at silencing critics.

And to the rest of you I ask this. Does the punishment fit the crime? When I looked back at those early posts much of what annoyed everyone was DVD's one liner posts and smilies. What EXACTLY did he do that warrants almost 4 years of animosity, hatred, and continued spite? Next what does he need to do to make amends? Is an apology acceptable? Asking him to leave the boards and not contribute isn't fair because this is an open community after all, and from what I can see he didn't do anything to warrant leaving.

The fact that this has run for over 4 years is amazing, yet sad. People have tried to run both of us off the boards...myself for at least 3 years, and it hasn't worked. Perhaps for those who have continued this futeless attack, maybe it's time to realize the strategy failed and something new is called for? DVD and I are not going away, the confrontational approach only brings more resistance...are people open to trying something different?
Archantael

Postby spectabillis » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Archantael wrote:The fact that this has run for over 4 years is amazing, yet sad. People have tried to run both of us off the boards...myself for at least 3 years, and it hasn't worked. Perhaps for those who have continued this futeless attack, maybe it's time to realize the strategy failed and something new is called for?

what attack?

from what i can see this is everyones normal reaction to your anti-social behavior. i completely agree that the fact that it happens over years is amazing, including personal differences like yours and badgers that devolve to the point of posting someone's personal information, hiring private investigators, and going after someone's employment. the effort is not on everyone else to accomodate it - that thinking is just plain stupid and unreasonable.

spectabillis wrote:i predict...

- the drama will continue to attract the same people
- those same people prone to conflict will continue to drag in personal grudges and history that skews things towards a validation of their actions
- whatever other problems exist not directly related to the immediate ones being discussed will continue to be an ignition point into others

done for now.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Well, here's what's really fun and hilarious for me.

Spanky actually recorded just what SB denies and Badger refuses to remember.

I'm sure Emilly remembers. It's just what my comment was about on caving in to Badger.

We all heard the recordings....well maybe except SB.

SB misses out on so much and loves talking out his butt when he thinks he knows what he is talking about.

Yepper, it's funny.

Yeah, I know where the recording is.

Do we really need to embarrass people on this board any further or do we want to do the mature thing and concentrate on FIXING THE BOARD?

After all, you'll find it all in the same place.
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Besides, what has what Badger and SB posted in this thread have to do with fixing eplaya and or moderators?

Really folks.

It's just more unprovoked drama and bullshit to me.

Talk about a waste of bandwith.
DVD Burner

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:57 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Besides, what has what Badger and SB posted in this thread have to do with fixing eplaya and or moderators?

Really folks.

It's just more unprovoked drama and bullshit to me.

Talk about a waste of bandwith.

Who really fucking cares??? I mean really....
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:59 pm

And listening to the recording again after so many years, Badger really went waaaay out of the way to try to get rid of the "Bar Thread".

Those of you that were at that meeting and or heard the recordings remember .

LMFAO! Rich. Badger wanted to get rid of the Bar thread and 3 words cause it "was a waste of bandwith". Badger also wanted to take over the webteam and send it in "New directions", Mind you he aint a programmer.

LMFAO!

RICH!

Stop embarrassing yourselves folks and just concentrate on fixing eplaya. It's not as hard as comming at me with frivilous bullshit over nothing.

JUST FIX EPLAYA!
DVD Burner

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Who really cares??? I mean really...

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:03 pm

ibdave wrote:Who really cares??? I mean really...

Oh I agree.

I WANT EPLAYA FIXED.

It's not hard to do.
DVD Burner

Postby spectabillis » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:26 pm

sorry, i know, but at least you can see why its so difficult to get things done. this is what it was like all the time before i came on board and it took a lot of effort and time to change. i'm sure whatever bullshit dvd is starting by bringing up others was years ago before all that.

and here it is, yet again. i am really tired of people putting petty conflicts above the interests of everyone else and then trying to blame others about it. damn selfish.
spectabillis

Postby Archantael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:32 pm

If the effort of trying to put an end to outright discrimination, lies, and abuse of power is considered anti-social behavior, then so be it.

By the way SB not everyone shares your point of view on the subject. A few people have taken the time to learn the facts and to educate themselves on what's really going on. If you were part of that group you wouldn't be so quick to take sides as you clearly have. It's another example of why your skills at moderating were called into question. It also shows very questionable judgment in picking your friends when you decide to support closed minded, discriminatory bigots with a self-admitted tendency to steal government property (in multiple size choices no less!) Nice choice there!

Oh and ibdave, a few people do care regardless of if you do or don't.

DVD, I archive pretty much everything from this board...but I was being lazy last night and didn't go through it as aggressively as I could. I'll have to go take another look. If you have an audio clip I would not recommend posting it ... but posting a transcript is fine and I think there's one floating around out there now that I think about it.

Oh, one more thing:
sorry, i know, but at least you can see why its so difficult to get things done. this is what it was like all the time before i came on board and it took a lot of effort and time to change. i'm sure whatever bullshit dvd is starting by bringing up others was years ago before all that.

Many of the people guilty of the same behaviors you just ranted about are the very same people you seem to hang out with on the other board. Hmmm...what's up with that? Let's see how you squirm out of that one!
Archantael

Postby Dork » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:34 pm

DVD Burner wrote:

Oh I agree.

I WANT EPLAYA FIXED.

It's not hard to do.

Unfortunately, getting access and personnel issues straightenned out to where anyone is in a position to fix anything has proven to be rather hard. We're working on it, but it could be months before anything happens at the current rate. I don't like it either.

Anyone who has any power to do anything is already working on it, SB is no longer a moderator, Badger is, as far as I can tell, not doing anything to stop anything from being fixed, nobody is currently lobbying for anyone to get kicked off the board, and we're deleting spambot posts as fast as we can. This personal stuff between you guys is, well, personal. I have no desire to get involved or figure out who did what 3 years ago.
Dork

Postby spectabillis » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:40 pm

i really have no idea about much of what you are talking about but the only people still paying attention to it are you and dvd. since no one else cares its obvious that trying to give the chances to discuss it have only fed your personal issues.

guess i have myself to blame for that, but at least i will learn. so good luck with it because no one else is going to give you consideration.
spectabillis

Postby Archantael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:57 pm

Of course you don't know! You haven't taken the time to understand the issues or know the history...and that means all angles! But that's not going to stop you from speaking up and trying to deflect the discussion.

And I wouldn't be so cocky and assume that nobody else is paying attention, or that any controversy associated with myself and DVD automatically turns people off. When it comes to how this board's run we're all in this together. Trying to marginalize the contributions of one in favor of someone else's is a mistake you should try to avoid...but what's wrong with sacrificing fairness and doing what's right if it means keeping some friends happy?

The missing green ID becomes ever the more justified by the post.
Archantael

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Archantael wrote:Of course you don't know! You haven't taken the time to understand the issues or know the history...and that means all angles! But that's not going to stop you from speaking up and trying to deflect the discussion.

And I wouldn't be so cocky and assume that nobody else is paying attention, or that any controversy associated with myself and DVD automatically turns people off. When it comes to how this board's run we're all in this together. Trying to marginalize the contributions of one in favor of someone else's is a mistake you should try to avoid...but what's wrong with sacrificing fairness and doing what's right if it means keeping some friends happy?

The missing green ID becomes ever the more justified by the post.

Nobody really fucking care anymore.. Yes, the Eplaya needs to have minor work, but the spam hits come and go. Let the history go and get a new life for crying out loud....

ibdave

!

Postby spectabillis » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:18 pm

wow, you two really have lost it.

you know what? you're absolutely right, there is a grand conspiracy out to get you! look! that yard gnome!? its ME! your mailman has been secretly replaced with one of our agents to go through your mail. the homeless man on the street corner? yep, another agent to make sure you do not deviate from your ascribed path to work. i have your house bugged, cctv cameras are above the panels at your work. i have signed dork up for his past history with the nsa, we are presently monitoring your internet activity! larry harvey has built this entire event just so people could enjoy your presence. yes, this entire board, everyone is just a few selected for thier amazing ability at believeable alternative identities! why do it? because we worship you, you are our hero! you are our daily drama that we syndicate and distribute as plot outlines to all the major media. you are the single driving force of our lives! dont leave, we couldnt live without you!
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:18 pm

Archantael wrote:DVD, I archive pretty much everything from this board...but I was being lazy last night and didn't go through it as aggressively as I could. I'll have to go take another look. If you have an audio clip I would not recommend posting it ... but posting a transcript is fine and I think there's one floating around out there now that I think about it.

It's not nessasarry to embarrass SB and Badger any further with such trivial matters.

All that matters is getting eplaya fixed.

It does not take any more than 1/2 to an hour to do it. The directions to all the patches and mods I sent are with the patches and mods I sent.
It's really that simple.
Just check under my name, it's all there on the plone.
DVD Burner

Postby Archantael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:03 pm

SB, you're hilarious. And without a clue.
You'll learn soon enough.
Archantael

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Ok, let me try this approach to ALL involved in this
“long running he said she saidâ€

ibdave

Postby SED » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Same old circle jerk.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:29 pm

SED wrote:Same old circle jerk.

Ha, Well said.....

ibdave

Re: !

Postby SED » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:49 pm

spectabillis wrote:wow, you two really have lost it.

you know what? you're absolutely right, there is a grand conspiracy out to get you! look! that yard gnome!? its ME! your mailman has been secretly replaced with one of our agents to go through your mail. the homeless man on the street corner? yep, another agent to make sure you do not deviate from your ascribed path to work. i have your house bugged, cctv cameras are above the panels at your work. i have signed dork up for his past history with the nsa, we are presently monitoring your internet activity! larry harvey has built this entire event just so people could enjoy your presence. yes, this entire board, everyone is just a few selected for thier amazing ability at believeable alternative identities! why do it? because we worship you, you are our hero! you are our daily drama that we syndicate and distribute as plot outlines to all the major media. you are the single driving force of our lives! dont leave, we couldnt live without you!

That explains the clowns who keep following me everywhere.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:56 pm

All I see are some shittalkers that refuse to fix eplaya despite the fact there are pleanty of patches and mods and code left at the BM office and server and website team site with directions, and babies here on eplaya comming up with every kind of excuse why it cant be done.

You folks are looking rather stupid.

What's the deal?

Why cant anyone fix eplaya?

I can.

All I see are a bunch of bullshit wannbe feather boa wearin models that dont know their ass from their elbows.

Ya cant even prove me wrong cause I'm right.

Just fix fuckin eplaya and prove me wrong.
DVD Burner

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:02 pm

So DVD You in or out??

The eplaya only seems broken to LESS than 1%.
So just drop the rants....

ibdave

Postby Archantael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:04 pm

The truth of the matter is despite appearances I'm very fatigued with the whole thing.
If I keep my mouth shut and someone else doesn't it would be nice if the same people who are so quick to call me on the carpet would speak up and tell that person to shut up....

As for DVD I have two concerns that prompted this latest round of me running my mouth and pissing everyone off.
1: I feel that DVD has not been given a free and clear shot at redemption for things he may or may not have done in the past. It's not about second chances, it's about being given the opportunity to learn from one's mistakes and then put those lessons into practice, using them to reshape behaviors and attitudes. Some people on this board have given me such a break and those opportunities have made a real difference...especially offline.
2: This board as we all know has many technical issues. DVD has a phpBB and PLONE background among many other things...knowledge that doesn't deserve to be wasted. If you're in the middle of a war...and this board is in a spam war you use every weapon at your disposal. With my business interests, I have people that on a personal level I can't stand. But they have the knowledge and skills I need to fix issues so I suck it up and bring them in to the mix. When I include...not exclude I usually come out stronger all the way around. So for me I'm seeing all this hostility and I'm thinking WTF, suck it up, tap the expertise...if it will get it fixed faster, cheaper, or free with volunteer help..tap that help!

I'm just hoping common sense and a sense of community will prevail in the end. It may be simplistic to think that way..so be it.
Archantael

Postby ibdave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:10 pm

Archantael wrote:The truth of the matter is despite appearances I'm very fatigued with the whole thing.
If I keep my mouth shut and someone else doesn't it would be nice if the same people who are so quick to call me on the carpet would speak up and tell that person to shut up....

Just be the bigger person.. It really is easy...

So are you in or out???

ibdave

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:32 pm

ibdave wrote:So DVD You in or out??

The eplaya only seems broken to LESS than 1%.
So just drop the rants....

Dude-ola,

I never knew I was out.

Yall got the parts. My friends and I have offered the team many expensive free time many times.
Many have insulted my well established friends to the point they want nothing to do with the project.
I can not blame them.
If I work on anything, I will have to say sorry as I have to have certain demands established.

Certain people have pushed things way passed the limit and I have no intentions to work under the same conditions.
That said, it is up to those that really want eplaya fixed to consider some compromises if anyone wants me to do anything on eplaya.
I've done my part up to this point.
The codes, mods and patches with directions are left with the webteam.
I will only go as far as letting anyone know what they need to after they have looked at what I have sent and have read the directions.
No way am I setting foot in the org if conditions are not set in writing first before I get there.

I think/know that is fair enough.

And as far as broken less than 1%, you really don’t have an inkling what is going on with phpbbs do you?

DVD Burner

Postby ibdave » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:14 am

DVD Burner wrote:
I think/know that is fair enough.

And as far as broken less than 1%, you really don’t have an inkling what is going on with phpbbs do you?

I guess my statement as to the 1% should had included the word Membership. Because thats what this whole board is for, the members.
And yes you are correct as to my lack of inkling to phpbbs... I have to trust those who do know that they will in time fix the eplaya.
I think that you have ridden the "dead horse" into the ground 6ft deep..
Let it go.. Thanks for joining the challenge.

ibdave

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:15 am

Oh oh!

Shit!

Some tribers just gave me an inside heads up.

I may just take an offer to go work with tribe.

They are hiring.

The conditions are very nice and I get to work remotely.

I already have too much on my plate and they may find someone better than me, but, hey.

Just so you know, I dont want to say anything that is concrete at this point.
DVD Burner

PreviousNext

Return to Policy Discussion