Moderation discussion

We're doing it wrong...we know

Postby joel the ornery » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
K-mom wrote:I'm just not sure he was ever on them to begin with. Perhaps I haven;'t been around long enough.

A long time ago, before Joel the Ornery, Joel the Simple and three lost versions of eplaya threads, I used to refer to my marijuana use as “My Medsâ€
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:51 pm

:lol:

good one Joel.
DVD Burner

Postby joel the ornery » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:10 pm

DVD Burner wrote:good one Joel.

i really did think the "truth" would come to light, eventually.
joel the ornery

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:42 pm

joel the ornery wrote:so, i was contacted by the moderators... because the numbnuts above thought i was referring to HIS ILLEGAL ACTIVITY fo which i have never had any knowledge of. so piss off, AIIZ SB, maybe you should re-think your position based upon the admission above. pretty un-fucking-believable.

un-fucking-believable is right, i asked if you wanted me to go over it again and you said it was over and done with. obviously you still got some self-applied stick up your ass since this is the third time you bring it up.

- more was said to AIIZ but you think you were singled out, you were not.

- you have a history of pissing people off with your behavior and openly admit it, but then try to act like you dont own any bit of responsibility.

- you keep saying its over and done with but you keep bringing it back up.

quit acting like a child, i'm not your parent. i'm also no longer a moderator because of dealing with childish morons like you and dvd and your personal problems. really, no one gives a shit.
spectabillis

Postby helitack » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:45 pm

Then quit acting like a parent
helitack

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 pm

i'm not, i dont like people who keep referring to me as a moderator and dragging me back into these things.

of course i dont expect you to pay much attention to that either, not from the biggest abuser of signing up sock accounts to fuck with people.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:11 pm

DVD Burner

Postby Archantael » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:18 pm

spectabillis wrote:i'm not, i dont like people who keep referring to me as a moderator and dragging me back into these things.

of course i dont expect you to pay much attention to that either, not from the biggest abuser of signing up sock accounts to fuck with people.

Not to be rude but I say prove it or retract the statement about the socks.
Now that being said, SB has made it quite clear that he no longer considers himself an active moderator of the board, and I feel he's sticking to that. Unless anyone can prove something to the contrary, let's move on and give this issue the break it deserves!
Archantael

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:38 pm

spectabillis wrote:will never cease to amaze me how the drama here always attracts those who are prone to it, everytime. its like a perverse addiction of an endless cycle.

i predict...

- the drama will continue to attract the same people
- those same people prone to conflict will continue to drag in personal grudges and history that skews things towards a validation of their actions
- whatever other problems exist not directly related to the immediate ones being discussed will continue to be an ignition point into others
spectabillis

Postby SED » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:47 pm

Hey howdy, Specky-doodle.

If yer name don't light up in green, yer not a mod. If it does, you is.

So, is you is or is you ain't?

SED
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.
SED

Postby Archantael » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Can you answer the motherfucking question?
You can't because you ain't got jack shit for proof. List the fucking socks. Show us. Prove it. That's right...you can't!

It's these bullshit accusations that cause people to call your ass out...and then you try and cover yourself by resorting to lame ass recycled accusations that have been dismissed as utter crap time and time again.....

Your pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
Archantael

Postby SED » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 pm

Archantael wrote:Can you answer the motherfucking question?
You can't because you ain't got jack shit for proof. List the fucking socks. Show us. Prove it. That's right...you can't!

It's these bullshit accusations that cause people to call your ass out...and then you try and cover yourself by resorting to lame ass recycled accusations that have been dismissed as utter crap time and time again.....

Your pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Go blow yourself, K.

You suck.

Go home.

No one really likes you.

Oons oons oons oons oons oons oons oons oons oons oons oons oons
SED

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:40 pm

yep, attracted another couple...
spectabillis

Postby Archantael » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:03 am

I still don't see anything to back up the claim!
I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to appear either.
Archantael

Postby spectabillis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:15 am

you sure? i would have thought you wanted heli to start something, afterall, its drama that you come here for. you, dvd, heli, joel, sed.. its the same players in the same role as the issues change, but stay the same.
spectabillis

Postby Archantael » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:14 am

spectabillis wrote:you sure? i would have thought you wanted heli to start something, afterall, its drama that you come here for. you, dvd, heli, joel, sed.. its the same players in the same role as the issues change, but stay the same.

Another wrong assumption. If I want drama I go to work where I get all I can handle and I'm compensated accordingly for it. As for why I come on the eplaya, that's easy to explain. I've been to the event 5 times now and I enjoy the logistics of getting out there and back almost as much as I enjoy the event itself. The eplaya has a wealth of information that is useful for planning the trip, it's also helped me to improve float trips and other services that I do outside of my primary line of work by working smarter and identifying the similarities and synergies. And there are good people here that I have struck friendships with...there's the energy and enthusiasm of the new people, on and on it goes...drama is not the attraction.

I continue to find it amusing that people like yourself can categorize and stereotype me based on some online posts...and for you it's from only one board no less. I have rarely missed a single day of logging into the 3Playa for years, and I'm on Tribe about as much. Hmmm...I'm all about online drama? Who knew!

I will say one thing. I consider it an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as SED, Heli, Joel, DVD...all of them are people who are not afraid to speak their mind even if it pisses people off. Thanks for the compliment SB...I know that wasn't the intent but when life hands you lemons you can either bitch about it or start making lemonade.

Now back to the question you keep ducking...where's your proof about DVD's socks?
Archantael

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:19 am

LMFAO!

Ok, all of you have me confused.

Who is claiming what and not claiming what?

Seriously.

This flame seems to be going in circles with no end.

:D

Hilarious.
DVD Burner

Postby spectabillis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:19 am

that would be the .. "- those same people prone to conflict will continue to drag in personal grudges and history that skews things towards a validation of their actions" .. part.

and that wasnt to dvd.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:21 am

spectabillis wrote:you sure? i would have thought you wanted heli to start something, afterall, its drama that you come here for. you, dvd, heli, joel, sed.. its the same players in the same role as the issues change, but stay the same.

Funny part is, I've never seen all of us ever on the same side before.

DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:24 am

Seems to me, SB is drawing attention to himself.

JMHO!

Ummm, your lookin kinda green SB.
DVD Burner

Postby spectabillis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:27 am

doesnt matter, seems more the attraction to conflict, drama, attention, and the strange form of validation that comes from it. 'strange' because it's never fully realized and there are far better places and ways to go about getting validation for oneself.
spectabillis

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:56 am

DVD Burner

Postby SED » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:26 am

All I wanna know is who wants their shit stomped out on the playa?

No lights. No spectators. No first aid.
SED

!

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:37 am

I must say its blatantly obvious to me that alot of the sock activity is coming from some angry eplayan. I don't believe any board gets nailed as much as this. I volunteer to help archive all knowledge contained in various threads about things pertinent to BM and recommend we clean house. Massive pruning of "spam" threads meant to discourage burners from collaborating on here. I am kind of confused as to whats going on here now but I am figuring its because I have put some of the children on plonk. DVD and Joel have yet to come after me but I am guessing its only a matter of time. Maybe we need to get rid of ALL open discussion threads.. maybe than we can behave like adults.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby Archantael » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:21 am

Toolmaker, I'm curious what you are referring to as "the sock problem". If you're referring to the Russian spammer onslaught we keep seeing that is basically a bunch of script kiddies taking advantage of a failure to install basic phpBB security patches.

On to your idea of getting rid of "open discussion" threads, this board has a strong history of rallying against anything that even has a whiff of censorship to it. To rip out the open discussion section would be censorship and it's really not acceptable to many people...the suggestion has been raised before and shot down fairly quickly.

One thing that Diane O' Thirst mentioned and that I use on my own board is to have a moderator personally approve all new accounts. Between doing that and having the security scripts in place I've had no trouble with my phpBB based bbs. Of course that runs into the lack of manpower / volunteer / general ORG apathy that exists here and we can't ask Emily, AntiM and even SB to take on an additional duty.

So with all that on the table, how would you propose cleaning this place up? Break it down and let's discuss this so that when the new server admin gets around to cleaning and patching, he/she can be presented with user-generated suggestions that they can follow as a blueprint for restoring the board to the vibrant place it should be.
Archantael

Re: !

Postby joel the ornery » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:22 am

Toolmaker wrote:DVD and Joel have yet to come after me but I am guessing its only a matter of time. Maybe we need to get rid of ALL open discussion threads.. maybe than we can behave like adults.

"yet to come after me"

pardon me?
joel the ornery

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:11 am

joel the ornery wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:DVD and Joel have yet to come after me but I am guessing its only a matter of time. Maybe we need to get rid of ALL open discussion threads.. maybe than we can behave like adults.

"yet to come after me"

pardon me?

I was referring to things like this..

joel the ornery wrote:AIIZ, go soak your head in a kitchen grease trap.

joel the ornery wrote:yeah, i am thinking the motivation behind starting the thread has something to do with having small penis. too bad for them.

i think i will drink lightly today, and keep my wits about me.

joel the ornery wrote:don't sit on it so much, young lady.

joel the ornery wrote:bled?

nice choice of words.

yeah, someone is acting like it is their the time to menustrate.

oops, snarky comment... call the moderator.

I was just pointing out that you have yet to respond to me in the nice civil fashion that your are known to respond to others with.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:28 am

K4 AKA Arch:
You just mentioned some of the fixes to clean house yourself.. as did Diane, myself and many others. Updating the software to remove these vulnerabilities that allow such enormous amounts of spam. Maybe put in that gif mod where you have to type in the skewed letters and numbers. Promote someone to go over new accounts to make sure they are legit users.. requiring users to post under moderation for say 5-10 of their first posts. Cleaning house by removing accounts that have 0 posts for the past 2 years, some have commerce links in the profile. I believe the technical term is "linkfarming". I would imagine there would be many willing to volunteer to "approve" these initial posts and it would also be a good way to find trustworty folks to move up the ladder and increase the staff so AM et al can have more time for more important things. I also think it would be good to "compile" tips and whatnot into and archive of resources. How many different dome threads do we have total? 10, 20, 30! If we compiled all the great information than it would be alot more helpful for new and old users. The Archive of tips for example would be a closed/locked section that can only be read. Than once a month or so newly posted stuff can be added. Saving this information would also help if an original source or website becomes available. Just my 69 cents. I for one am willing to help out any way I can.
Toolmaker

Postby SED » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:31 am

Looks like Tool's gonna be first. Next?
SED

Postby joel the ornery » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 am

Toolmaker wrote:
joel the ornery wrote:

"yet to come after me"

pardon me?

I was referring to things like this..

joel the ornery wrote:AIIZ, go soak your head in a kitchen grease trap.

joel the ornery wrote:yeah, i am thinking the motivation behind starting the thread has something to do with having small penis. too bad for them.

i think i will drink lightly today, and keep my wits about me.

joel the ornery wrote:don't sit on it so much, young lady.

joel the ornery wrote:bled?

nice choice of words.

yeah, someone is acting like it is their the time to menustrate.

oops, snarky comment... call the moderator.

I was just pointing out that you have yet to respond to me in the nice civil fashion that your are known to respond to others with.

well there is always a first time for everything.

hey toolmaker, welcome to the eplaya!!!
joel the ornery

PreviousNext

Return to ePlaya Feedback