How real can you keep it?

Discuss the policies of ePlaya here.

How real can you keep it?

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 am

I understand there are those on eplaya that have issues with me keepin it real, but here is a fact, deleting this thread would be beyond wrong but this needs to be known and not in a negative way. This is what is at the moment. If you/you all are not interested or not interested in being honest about what is going on, BANISH ME!;



AntiM wrote:You know I trust Dork's judgement.

There is an extremely simple solution. You know that.

Regards,
M


Trust your judgment!

(BTW, you spelled "judgement" wrong!)


Many have met me and know me within BM!

I have given you leads, do as you assume/think what and who your research goes and who you think I am, it's all good!

I'll still be me and I'll still be me and 3-7 years ahead of all of everyone will find out, I'LL STILL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!

My track record is on eplaya, and on the internet is "impeccable" in REAL TIME/LIFE!

There is no denying me!

I'm the real deal as far as reality is concerned!


I have re-read this message many many many times to make sure I have my message right and as usual, I have made a backup..........


Everyone is welcomed to challenge anything I have posted anywhere on the internet and on eplaya, as I always have said and been up front! Anything I have said and done anytime anywhere anytime anyone wants to challenge me on anything I have posted!!


Anti, you can quote me this post verbatim!

I am the real deal and will always smell like a rose!

( Hey, there are roses that dont smell too great, BUT THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL NEVER THE LESS)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOUR CHOICE, TRUST DORK OR DONT TRUST ME!

I have never ever posted anything negative about DORK, EVER!

I also have told you who has met me IN PERSON!

TALK TO THEM!

If not, Do whatever and even delete me from facebook!

No sweat off my nose!

I'll still be having a blast and still will go to BM when I want and when I feel like it no matter who thinks they know when I am at BM!

Fact is, I AM NON VIOLENT AND THIS IS A FACT FOR OVER 20 YEARS WITH THEM!

(edited once and dont care how it comes out! Just being up front!)


Ciao for now!
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 am

P.S. I really am a good guy!


(I can be a bad boy at times, but for the most part..............................)


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Trishntek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 am

Okay Charlie,,,, admit it,,,,, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
User avatar
Trishntek
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Sham » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 am

I'LL STILL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!

No you won't!

Image
User avatar
Sham
Moderator
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:02 am

Your proving my point for me...

And at some point, stating "I am sure the mods will erase this" will in fact not prevent erasure. Your posts are beginning to read like Dr. Bonners soap products. Just goes on and on and on making point after point.
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 4773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 am

mdmf007 wrote:Your proving my point for me...

And at some point, stating "I am sure the mods will erase this" will in fact not prevent erasure. Your posts are beginning to read like Dr. Bonners soap products. Just goes on and on and on making point after point.



Hummmm!
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby ygmir » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 am

DVD Burner wrote:
mdmf007 wrote:Your proving my point for me...

And at some point, stating "I am sure the mods will erase this" will in fact not prevent erasure. Your posts are beginning to read like Dr. Bonners soap products. Just goes on and on and on making point after point.



Hummmm!


that's a good start.......now, balance this beer on your head
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 am

So, you had to send that as a private message too? Geeeez.

DVD, this is not about being real, or being a nice guy, or being right. You are acting like an ass. At this point you aren't going to convince anyone of anything except you don't know how to shut the fuck up when the situation calls for it. So what if some have wrong ideas about you? Laugh about it. Don't like their posts? Plonk them. Don't want to hear them? Block communications.

Get over yourself. Chill the fuck out. Stop screaming at us. Obviously, no one likes it. So why keep doing the same thing over and over? You aren't winning, there is nothing to win. Would you rather be right, or be kicked off the eplaya? In a way, you already are, almost everyone has plonked you by now.

Quit with the challenges. No one cares, really, or can figure out what the hell you're talking about. You've become noise. It is sad, because you do have a lot to offer if you just didn't scream for attention.

If I have to choose, and it seems as if you're going to insist on it, I choose the eplaya. I choose calm and rational discussion. Ranting at me only makes me tune you out, no matter how nice you are in person. You are. But you have no clue how to play nice here.

Of course you're real, but you are also being a real pain in the ass.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:53 am

Basically, you talk at us, not to us.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jkisha » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 am

From all the comments, it sounds like he's acting out like Charlie Sheen, except without the money, the publicity, the fame or the women. Hahahahahahaha!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am

You know this is sad, not funny, right?
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby jkisha » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:59 am

AntiM wrote:You know this is sad, not funny, right?


I don't know what he's saying, but I do think all the attention he is getting is hilarious. I certainly have no sympathy for him. He needs professional help, not encouragement here.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby spectabillis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 am

to ALL mods: why is this now allowed in feedback?


his motivations for attention are obvious enough here and he's been warned for years, literally, years. its an incredible burden to everyone else who has an equal right to use eplaya resources, and once again you've allowed him to trash it for everyone. this is the only place where community members, volunteers, org staff, and tech admins discuss the operations and logistics of eplaya.

most people wont contribute efforts to help or get involved in any capacity in that atmosphere, only those who are used to him. there's absolutely no reason newer people should learn to adjust to his behavior... and there should be no reason anyone has to explain any of this, definitely not repeat it.

no-fucking-wonder this place is so impossible to support, external volunteers and staff members avoid eplaya like the plague because of it, and thats been explained and repeated enough too.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:14 am

DVD - time to relax.

Spec - this thread will be deleted in a day or two, it really contributes nothing.
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 4773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:35 am

Not helping, Spec. Really. Not. Helping.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Parasitoid » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 am

DVD what in the hell are you blabing about?

You make zero sense and anytime someone asks you to explain yourself you completly ignore them.

What are we supposed to trust you about? You have said NOTHING. So i can't trust or distrust you. You have said nothing. At least make some ridiculous claim so we can either trust or distrust you. As of now there is no content to evaluate. Do you understand?

You assume people know what you are talking about without ever making any point except that you feel persecuted? Is that all your point is? Just that you are persecuted for making posts about being persecuted?

What are you talking about?

I will ask again... What the hell are you talking about?
Parasitoid
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Postby spectabillis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm

helps a hell of a lot more than not doing anything but leave comments to people and it never changes anything. you've lost your credibility, and need to get it back if you want anything else done.

so theres no reason to keep it, you can even move and merge just as easy, and absolutely no reason to allow these people the motivations they can continue it endlessly for undue attention while it fucks things up for the rest of us.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

talk about pissing the volunteers off enough they want to walk off the job...
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby spectabillis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

and when the org is faced with loosing its volunteers, its free labor and cant replace them... ? you have far more leverage than you think, we helped you get that because it got things done with them.


knowing when and how to use it is a lesson i cant give, but you are the only person as capable here since techopatra, antiM.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:15 pm

AntiM, that yellow against tan isn't working. Maybe you want to edit it to another color?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37469
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Sorry, not really, that's the color of pissed off.... I don't do it often.

Besides this is all moot now, The deed is done. Stay tuned.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:27 pm

(((AntiM)))
*hoping this is not intrusive*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37469
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 pm

(((AntiM)))
*hoping this is not intrusive*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37469
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby jkisha » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:11 pm

AntiM wrote:Sorry, not really, that's the color of pissed off.... I don't do it often.

Besides this is all moot now, The deed is done. Stay tuned.


Oh goodie, DVD burner and spectabills are going to be deleted!!! Yeah!!!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 pm

You know, don't count your chickens, and don't gloat.

I will now morph out of being your mother.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37469
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby jkisha » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:You know, don't count your chickens, and don't gloat.

I will now morph out of being your mother.


Ah common ma! You never let us have any fun.

I'm not counting chickens, I just like instigating as much as the next person.

I should probably tell my one and only real life experience with DVD Burner before this thread gets locked; but I'll just suffice it to say he is as flaky off the board as he is on. A man sorely lacking any character what-so-ever.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
jkisha
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 am

spectabillis wrote:to ALL mods: why is this now allowed in feedback?


his motivations for attention are obvious enough here and he's been warned for years, literally, years. its an incredible burden to everyone else who has an equal right to use eplaya resources, and once again you've allowed him to trash it for everyone. this is the only place where community members, volunteers, org staff, and tech admins discuss the operations and logistics of eplaya.

most people wont contribute efforts to help or get involved in any capacity in that atmosphere, only those who are used to him. there's absolutely no reason newer people should learn to adjust to his behavior... and there should be no reason anyone has to explain any of this, definitely not repeat it.

no-fucking-wonder this place is so impossible to support, external volunteers and staff members avoid eplaya like the plague because of it, and thats been explained and repeated enough too.


I just want to say here, that the recent response of the eplayan community to DVD Burner has been a really robust demonstration of the Ten Principles in action. As one of your "newer people" I could not ask for a better introduction. Mr. DVD Burner's particular impairment apparently prompts people to show either their best or worse sides, and it's quite enlightening to see how people choose.

(((AntiM))) you are a goddess.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby graidawg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
spectabillis wrote:to ALL mods: why is this now allowed in feedback?


his motivations for attention are obvious enough here and he's been warned for years, literally, years. its an incredible burden to everyone else who has an equal right to use eplaya resources, and once again you've allowed him to trash it for everyone. this is the only place where community members, volunteers, org staff, and tech admins discuss the operations and logistics of eplaya.

most people wont contribute efforts to help or get involved in any capacity in that atmosphere, only those who are used to him. there's absolutely no reason newer people should learn to adjust to his behavior... and there should be no reason anyone has to explain any of this, definitely not repeat it.

no-fucking-wonder this place is so impossible to support, external volunteers and staff members avoid eplaya like the plague because of it, and thats been explained and repeated enough too.


I just want to say here, that the recent response of the eplayan community to DVD Burner has been a really robust demonstration of the Ten Principles in action. As one of your "newer people" I could not ask for a better introduction. Mr. DVD Burner's particular impairment apparently prompts people to show either their best or worse sides, and it's quite enlightening to see how people choose.

(((AntiM))) you are a goddess.
seconded!

and to add i am utterly amazed at the havoc dvd has been permitted to cause, on most forums it is possible to pemporarily ban someone, even by ip adress, if they don't cooperate.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby spectabillis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 am

graidawg wrote:and to add i am utterly amazed at the havoc dvd has been permitted to cause, on most forums it is possible to pemporarily ban someone, even by ip adress, if they don't cooperate.


these actions run against what many org employees want bman to be about (shared by many, if not most participants). although i agree with most of it, experience quickly made clear the biggest obstacle in doing something was going to be the org. so its not an easy thing to do, you have to first build and establish the trust and confidence of the community that it can be handled in good faith, and then you have to endlessly work the org to get permission, which hardly happens. mods get put between a rock and a hard place, and over years that becomes complacency to just handle simple things like spam and commerce.

cant lay too much blame with them in that situation, and they quickly lost credibility in the eyes of the community over it. i just didnt realize it would turn into such a fight against the mod team to get them on it again. no choice, i tried everything else... so i had to burn my bridges. i still despair at them not standing up to the org, you wouldnt believe what the org still tries to pull on this place - like outright ignoring all the various community practices we established out of sweat and blood, just to do whatever the hell they want and ruin it. that is just so insulting to everyone, especially you, because that shows they just dont care what you want and do anymore.

i had to work against the org almost every step along the way just to create a certain separation between eplaya and the org, get it out of their hands and into the hands of the community. they have bad management problems, including thinking their way is best despite not being directly involved and seeing whats really happening anymore. when they dont get their way, its common for them to just drop support and leave you hanging. but if it doesnt work their way, they loose interest and move on to other things, and end up leaving you hanging anyways.


but that also meant getting important tech resources to prepare for that loss of support, which is the current state of things. now that an important step has been forced upon the mod team, hopefully they have gained the confidence needed to start tackling the tech problems with the org again... just have to see.
spectabillis
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:07 am
Location: parallel cortex sensory stream interface

Postby AntiM » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:05 am

I met with the tech team on playa this year, mostly a meet and greet type of thing, and have been in contact about the upgrades. We have all seen they are hiring for the tech lead position, which is likely why we're on hold again. Eplaya is operational, so meanwhile I'm keeping hope alive for better things soon.

There's a reason I remind the community that the mods are very limited in what we can do, so there is often a time lag between act, action, and reaction as we must wait for someone with admin powers to step in. Things actually have improved in that area, as communication improves. Patience is essential, and one of my primary goals is to get users to cooperate in not escalating bad situations. Also, the chain of command is split into two different areas, tech and communications. With the mod not being IT capable, when tech things go wrong, slow response is frustrating all around.

I am definitely heavy on the communication side, it is what I have access to, what I have experience with; therefore it is my primary tool. Not always effective, obviously.

Another thing about seemingly doing nothing... when PMs are sent, we must wait for a response. That invisible lag time, and a desire to conduct warnings and discussions in private instead of public reprimands make sit seem as though noting is happening when indeed, it is. I think DVD got blindsided by this, and is genuinely surprised. But he knew he was being asked to change his posting behavior, so perhaps not.
These are not my fuckos.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 16401
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Top O' the World, Ma!
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Next

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests