Comfort & Joy is a queer art camp that hosts restorative, relaxing, and celebratory social events. We have several art installations and lots of fun people - find out more at http://www.klodhopper.com/joy
Next Saturday, August 13th @ 11am Comfort & Joy is having another work party, where we hope to get the following list of tasks completed. We are accepting new members, and encourage folks looking for a camp to join to volunteer at this Saturday's build party to see if Comfort & Joy is the right camp for you. Location, directions & contact info is at the end of this message.
For more info about Comfort & Joy, feel free to ring me @ 415.430.7327.
See y'all on the playa!
BUILD PARTY TASKS:
- test build the siesta dome
- cut a pattern from the giant Aluminet bolt to cover the siesta dome
- stitch above pattern together & test it
- test build the Afterglow dome
- check the status of the Afterglow exterior shell, ID repairs needed
- paint the shower & flagpole pyramids
- pull down C&J camp supplies from Fuzzy's attic, pack in bins & label
- anything else we remember or can get to!
AFTERGLOW & DOME TEST BUILD DAY - 11am, Saturday, August 13th
Hosted by Fuzzy @ 1549 Oregon St, Berkeley, CA 94703
Fuzzy phone: (510) 915-2572
We'll be meeting at Fuzzy's and then heading to a park to build domes!
- From the Ashby station, take the exit on the right after the turnstiles.
- Go through the parking lot and take a right on Martin Luther King Dr
- Cross Ashby Avenue & continue on MLK drive.
- Take the first left after the Tennis courts (this is Oregon St)
- Walk 5-6 blocks & pass through a traffic circle
- 1549 Orgeon is a two-story wooden house on the right
Driving Directions from SF:
- Head towards 80E & take the Ashby Exit (after IKEA)
- On the exit ramp, bear left (not right) toward Ashby Ave
- Pass Urban Ore on your right & go several blocks
- take a left on Sacramento St & go a few blocks
- take a right on Oregon ST
- 1549 Oregon will be on your left.