So you Wanna Become a Ranger?Save the date for the first Seattle Ranger Training on Saturday, May 3rd!
Interested in participating at Burning Man in a unique and interesting way? Want to *REALLY*
get to know Black Rock City? Ready to profoundly and intensely engage in the Burning Man community?
Day or night, pairs of Rangers can be found walking and bicycling the streets of Black Rock City, ready to help participants in need. These Black Rock Rangers are participants just like you, who volunteer a portion of their time in service of the safety and well-being of the Burning Man community. Rangers act as non-confrontational community mediators, facilitators of public safety, providers of information, and navigators of the edge of chaos.
Prospective Black Rock Rangers are at least 18 years old and have attended Burning Man in Black Rock City, Nevada a minimum of two times, and at least once within the past ten years. If you're excited about rangering, but don't have the Burn experience, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll tell you how to become a regional ranger. You can read more about becoming a Black Rock Ranger by visiting this page
.MAY 2014 BLACK ROCK RANGER SEATTLE TRAINING
- Who: All returning Black Rock Rangers, Prospective BRR Volunteers, Training Auditors
- When: Saturday, May 3rd 2014 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM 2+ year vets
- Where: Matthews Beach City Park Picnic Bench Area 1 - 2 (see the map). 49th Ave NE & NE 93rd St. Seattle WA, 98118
If you can't make this one, there will be other trainings scheduled later in the summer, and trainings in other Northwest locations. Check here
for training listings. Training locations and dates should post shortly.
Prospective Black Rock Ranger Volunteers and Training Auditors: If you are a Prospective Black Rock Ranger, or you wish to audit training (on a space available basis)
then please start the process so that you can register for this training when signups are listed in the next few days:
- Fill out a Volunteer Questionnaire in your Burner Profile
- Create an account in the Ranger Clubhouse (our scheduling system)
- Prospective Volunteers complete admin chores such as determining a radio handle.
- Auditors only: Contact Diverdave@burningman.com directly to check for space
Returning Black Rock Rangers: If you are a returning Black Rock Ranger then you know the drill: you will need to sign up for this training when it is posted in the Ranger Clubhouse
. The training schedule will be listed shortly.
Questions about this training? Send 'em to email@example.com
Questions about becoming a Black Rock Ranger? firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at training!
DiverDave for the Seattle Black Rock Ranger training team