Utility Vehicle Donation/Participation?

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Utility Vehicle Donation/Participation?

Postby GingerSurprise » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey there guys. Hopefully this is the right sub-forum. I will soon own a large scissor lift truck that I plan to bring to the burn and use as the base for an MV. That said, there are tons of structures out there on the playa that require lifts in order to assemble. My question is, does anyone know if there would be an interest in using a scissor lift truck on the playa prior to the event and then allowing it to "retire" back into the city in order to convert into its MV form? Any insight would be welcome. Thanks!
Semper Ardens!
GingerSurprise

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Shade Whores

Re: Utility Vehicle Donation/Participation?

Postby Savannah » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Your nickname AND your camp name are awesome. :lol:

You could try emailing the DMV and asking them if "how do we share a scissor lift?" is a question they often hear from folks new to the MV process. And ask them if they forsee any problems with this plan. Perhaps you'll need to get pretty deep into your own MV assembly process before you'll know if you have the time to be so (awesomely) generous prior to assembling your MV onsite. Getting your MV approved first in the Springtime seems like it would need to be the first focus.

dmv (at) burningman (dot) com
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Re: Utility Vehicle Donation/Participation?

Postby GingerSurprise » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 am

Savannah wrote:Your nickname AND your camp name are awesome. :lol:

Perhaps you'll need to get pretty deep into your own MV assembly process before you'll know if you have the time to be so (awesomely) generous prior to assembling your MV onsite.

Thanks Savannah! All names were given to me/us over the last few years by the 7:30 community. I love them too. Thanks for the tip on MV assembly/approval. It is true that I will need to know how it will assemble (or be disassembled) before I can offer it. Even so, it's good to know a point of contact. Thank you for that. :)
Semper Ardens!
GingerSurprise

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Shade Whores

Return to Get Involved!