Young Burner looking to operate an artcar!!!! :) :D 8)

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Young Burner looking to operate an artcar!!!! :) :D 8)

Postby foolicooli » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi this is my first year going to the burn and i am wanting to operate an artcar. I am going to be 14 years old next year and i am going to be with the HeeBees traveling with my parents and really really really really want to operate an artcar like it would be an expierence in my life that would have GREAT AWESOMOSITY!!!!! :) So PLZ if anyone needs someone to drive and artcar i would love to do it. You can contact me on my facebook: Chaz La Roche and my email: chazzmmania@gmail.com. 8) :shock: Oh and i like to poi, staff, contact poi, hula hoop, and I play the saxaphone :D :shock: :shock:
foolicooli

Postby maryanimal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I hope your wish comes true! I'm not sure of the age of drivers on the playa.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby lucky420 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

State of Nevada legal driving age is 16. The playa is in Nevada....course if it is a mutated golf cart and not an actual vehicle (car/truck) you may be able to drive it.
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Gee where do I sign up.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Sham » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Driving an art car is a huge responsibilty. People walk in front of you without looking and there is a big chance of an accident. Even if you had your license, I would not recommend an inexperienced driver on the playa. People jump on and off art cars all the time and remember night driving. There are passed out people in the streets and no good lighting.
Do yourself a huge favor and leave the driving to someone else for the time being.

Hey, since this is your first post here---WELCOME!
Sham

Postby moonrise » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Welcome!

I will be driving some sort of a 3 or 4 passenger disabled burner sorta midget, kewl, well lit, blinkied out, funny looking art cart at BM, 2011. I gift rides to injured, disabled, tired and everyday burners, also patrol art to protect it from vandals/damages on the playa at night.

Maybe you can get a learners permit and at least one parent to accompany you and get behind the wheel and take it for a drive.

We can all drive out onto the deep, open playa, can only go 5 mph or less, but it'll spin circles around dust devils and big art cars...great photo ops and maybe drive through a few small dust devils too, *cough* *cough* a few of those dust devils are quite enough, your parents will dig it! No joke, it's fun!
Just be sure your family has a shower to use after THAT!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Isotopia » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Why not get your parents to help you build your own people powered art car? That way you really, really, really don't have to put so much effort in deriving your pleasure from what others have created.

In other words don't look to others for your own pleasure kiddo.
Isotopia

Postby capjbadger » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:44 pm

foolicooli,

No. Build your own. As someone that has built his own, I can tell you that no one is going to spend all the time and money to build one and then not drive it themselves. No one needs a driver.

Nice screenname BTW. Love that show. :)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby gyre » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Many people don't want to drive their own art cars, for the mentioned reasons.

You would be well advised to try to find a small open vehicle and the chance to drive it on open playa only.
Hard enough there.
Be prepared to prove your competence.

And electric bikes and trikes are an option.

Be aware that some vehicles meet no known handling and stability specs.

Pedestrians are spectacularly unpredictable in the city.

The city speed limit is 5 mph or less, depending on dust and safety.
Slower than walking speed is typical.
gyre

Return to Get Involved!