Massive neon glow in the dark mushrooms...?

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Massive neon glow in the dark mushrooms...?

Postby kai.del.mar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Wouldn't that be fun?

If they were big enough to walk and crawl under and were set up so there were 3 or 5 together and had comfy cushions under them as well so people could go in and chill out under them...

I have the time and the energy... But don't exactly have the know how, the place to build it or the resources to get it up there.... I don't know if anyone else thinks this could be fun and has a way to make it into reality (with help working on the project of course) let me know :)
kai.del.mar

Postby kai.del.mar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:13 pm

P.S I'm in San Francisco.
kai.del.mar

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:40 am

cool idea, good luck!
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 am

It starts with a dream, a vision.

Many times it remains at that stage. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby MistressSybs » Fri May 28, 2010 12:30 pm

IF I might... a burner friend of ours was thinking about getting large sun umbrellas, painting them all day glow with twinkle lights strung underneath, planting them in an empty field as a field of crazy mushrooms... I don't know if you can do anything with that but... LOL
MistressSybs

Comfy

Postby zifra » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 pm

If your object is to make a comfy chill space to draw people in we are doing just that. We could probably incorporate mushrooms...

Care to talk about it?
Zifra
100'th Monkey Camp
G at 8:45
Black Rock City 2012

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby darcitananda » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:51 pm

I think a very simple solution would be to use a market umbrella, and sew a cover for the umbrella part that is polka dotted in whatever crazy fabric you find. Maybe make the stem of the umbrellas shorter, so it's more cozy, and wrap the stem in batting and again, make a cover for it. Maybe even use a layer of batting on the umbrella part too to make it puffy. Sounds like fun and a relatively inexpensive and accessible project (if you can get some umbrellas for cheap. And if the windstorms pick up, you just close them down for a few hours.
darcitananda

Return to Get Involved!