European style trance! British Soundsystem!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

European style trance! British Soundsystem!

Postby TogaFlex » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:42 am

Hi all,

Greetings from London - BM newb here - My name is Chris, and I am, amongst other things, a trance DJ. I used to run my own club night here in the UK and am coming to BM in the Summer on a 40 seater tourbus, with a load of my UK mates and we are intending to build a soundsystem. Think big tunes, big spaces, lamps, flags, fires, a sofa, lasers and lots of cushions, as well as a fully-stocked bar, with, it is intended, our own beer on tap. (!)

In short, we are planning on having a top time and we cannot wait for you guys to come and see us, and have a top time with us as well.

I'll be bringing my tunes with me obviously, but I'd love to come play a guest slot at someone else's soundsystem!

Likewise, we'll be inviting guest DJs and performers to come and chuck down at ours.

So - does anyone have an interest in giving me a couple of hours on their decks as a guest?

I play melodic, immersing, non-cheesy trance such as that propagated by guys like Markus Schultz, Thomas Datt, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Orjan, John Askew, Dogzilla and Ferry Corsten.

You can find a link to some of our mixes online:

http://www.djschrism-don1.com/ - check out "Free" and "Peak" - top trance!

You'll see some house mixes on there too - not mine but my mate Don's, who is coming as well!

August cannot come soon enough!

COME ON!!!! :D
--- Hidden from eyes until we realise what we are seeing, and learn to appreciate the gifts we are given - - -
TogaFlex

Postby jkisha » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:04 am

Hey TogaFlex,

Welcome to eplaya! Sounds like a great concept. Sorry I can't help; but I'll bump up the thread for you.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby xenarchi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:59 am

Played both tracks today sitting here doing some work. Very little work actually.

I liked them both and will keep an ear open for you in 09.
xenarchi

Postby ibdave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 pm

2009 is the year of smooth jazz... No thump thump tunes allowed. Sorry, read the fine print.

read the fine print 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby gyre » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:19 am

Bring the bus.
Very few djs come every year with the trend to acoustic.
gyre

Postby Lisa_M_Davies » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 am

Hey Mr New (London) Burner
There is a few of us going to the burn from Bournemouth (UK) I think we are going to show the Americans some UK hardcore... and join our friends at Bacon Without Borders. It will be great to join up with you, and/or help with youir project if there is anything we can do down south :)

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Lisa :-D
Lisa_M_Davies

Postby Medium » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Love to join you guys for a guest spot sometime. We're bringing some equipment but no sound. We have some new music coming out in a couple weeks too.

Take a listen www.medium-music.com

Cheers...

Medium
Dance like no one is watching...
www.medium-music.com
Medium

Postby asin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Puhlease bring it on. I often found a surprising lack of trance my last few visits to the playa. I love Bassnectar as much as the next person (maybe more!) but I would really love to hear some great trance once in a while. I think this is more a reflection of the fading trance culture in North America.

I often thought this was kind of sad because the playa is nothing if not epic and emotional. I say go for it.
asin

Postby garcialovesme » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Nice one mate. I'll have my hands in the air If I pass by!
garcialovesme

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Return to Get Involved!