what is the meaning of it?

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Postby thirt33n » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:57 pm

...did i say bale? i meant bail. ..hay bales on the brain....

however, I did re read this thread from the top again.

Sensei, sorry, although from time to time i think you're an ass(and love you anyway) i don't think you were on this thread.

I'm gonna go ahead and stand corrected and say that you were kind of an ass to start out with jmotion....

you badgered badger, gay-ed gyre and then tried to cover it up with false positive stuff. you can't really dis people for their opinions and then make like you're all nice.

I think these folks here just plain weren't fooled by you bro, and since you came back at them they picked your whole 'story' apart.

i still think y'aughtta stay positive.
have fun and good luck.

crux
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby Captain Goddammit » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:52 pm

bj lotion wrote: your prob all old and have nothing better to do than look forward to a bunch of dirty naked freaks every year.. your lucky its gotten a bit trendy and there are some pretty college girls there so you can dream while your fat wives wait 4 you in boring middle america...

Since you brought it up... ask anyone who's met us, my girlfriend is pretty hot. You'll have to find another way to make those of us that pull our own weight look like the dickheads!
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey thirt33n maybe me, you, and all the rest of the fire performers that attend should ask the whole city for free tickets so they can enjoy our "work"....

Last year was my first year.... and i paid my way...Dude seriously now.... This year again I bought my own ticket, arranged and am helping pay share of the fuel expenses of a ride up there and also bought all my gear ( i.e. new tent, backpack,costumes, etc...), food, water, booze for a small bar, fuel for preforming, plus some gifts, lots of glowing stuff and doing it all on a very small military paycheck.... all while also helping my mom back home with some expenses, saving some money for getting out of the military ( August 22nd is my terminal leave date and sept 7th is my EAS for those who know what i talking about) also saving small bit for a backpacking trip with my girlfriend after the burn and paying my bills.... so if i can do all of this with getting about only 1,500 a month then i am sure working a normal real world job and being an awesome DJ you could make it as well... hell i am sure there are people there who make less then i do and still make there own way and do lots of cool stuff for people and dj while out at the burn and don't ask for free tickets..... if anything use your DJ skills at a local club or burn and sell some CD'S of your tracks to make some money to help buy a ticket.... This year i am asking two camp mates to help me out by bringing a bike and a cooler for me but that is because i will be going backpacking in the Canadian Rockies with my girlfriend ( she is already working up in Canada) after the burn and would not have any place to store a cooler and a bike after the burn...

There are a few of them still being sold on the 2008 tickets section.... I just got mine for $250... sorry that the previous owner of the ticket could not attend though :( she was very nice and seemed like a cool person): . I am sure you could find one for that same price if you just look.... also craigslist is a great resource i found a few on there in my area as well as Tribe... ( when ever it decides to actually be up from one of its many maintenance periods.)
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby thirt33n » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 pm

...funky- i must inform all that my avatar is not actually me. a fire performer I am not,....although sometimes i'm on fire!! (it's a pic i took in jamaica when i was a kid)
yeah, next year all participants will get free tickets from the 78 spectators :P

your summer is looking pretty good from here on out funky!!
..almost so is mine.
blow.
thirt33n

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:13 pm

excuse me dj jmotion
** cough cough....nudge nudge hint hint.... points to link below** :roll:

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=24959

there ya go.... tickets for sale did the work of looking for you.... cheap as well only $458 for the two of them.

as for thirt33n that is a really cool photo even if it is somebody else.... i have a few of me but can't figure out how to shrink them down small enough to make an avatar out of one of them :( since all of them ( the whopping 4 i have of me doing it) were taken with a very nice Canon camera on high resolution setting, i can't shrink any of them down small enough to get everything i want in the photo into the small amount of pixels that the avatar size requires.... any help figuring out my delima would be greatly appreciated:) if anything will put up a link later
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:35 am

You know what I hate about my canon? (Or maybe it's about my MacBook.) When I take pictures sideways the camera somehow "knows" and they upload into the computer with the down side down, but when I upload to the web they are sideways. I tell you, sometimes the tech is so sharp it will cut itself. Or at least cut me.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Digital-Dragonfly » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Funky Monkey Mech- good job finding those tickets for the DJ .
only a couple issues there...

(1) He don't want just 2 tickets, he wants 3 tickets (so go find another one)
(2) He does not want to buy them. He wants you to "gift" them to him, along with "sponsorship" of him and his bros. (read free camp & supplies)

But its all cool, cuz he'll play some really great tunes (??) for you & your camp (when he's not busy).
Digital-Dragonfly

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:08 pm

And, for some strange reason, it seems he wants to eat me. I didn't even have to suggest it.

See you on the playa big boy
mojo

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:08 pm

Dam i knew i forgot something when i posted that *** snaps fingers*** :oops:

well hum maybe i will have better luck next time when i try posting for the dj..... gunna go hide in shame because of mistake now....

btw....Cryptofishist my cheap digital camera i bought in Singapore does the same thing... so i just think it is the camera that does the flip of the picture and not your macbook
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:07 am

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:( August 22nd is my terminal leave date and sept 7th is my EAS for those who know what i talking about)

It must be one big-ass chasm to straddle between active military culture and Burning Man. Thank you, congratulations, and welcome home!

-chris
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby mojo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:34 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:
Funky Monkey Mech wrote:( August 22nd is my terminal leave date and sept 7th is my EAS for those who know what i talking about)

It must be one big-ass chasm to straddle between active military culture and Burning Man. Thank you, congratulations, and welcome home!

-chris

From me too - thank you, we love you.
mojo

paying DJs way...

Postby Digital-Dragonfly » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 am

Found a interesting statement over on the Opulent Temple web site:

"We do not and have never paid dj's to play or pay their way through Burning Man. So please know your donations are going to help us pay back our hard costs and not anyone's free ride."

:wink: Opulent Temple does not seem to think DJs require a free ride... but then I guess the ones who play OT are not as cool/special as dj jmotion :?:
"and your pleasure will likely exceed your misery.".... Ugly Dougly
Digital-Dragonfly

Postby dj jmotion » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:19 pm

To clear up any confusion, since there is so much concern...

1 ticket has been very kindly donated (Thank You) and we are still in search of 2 more.

Thank you Funky Munky for offering those ticks.. Wasnt sure if it was you but someone did send an email offering to tix and I did respond in regards to price...?

Digital Dumbfly, your and idiot and dont know whats going on...

Mojo, I will pee on you. LOL, = )...

And for the record we dont expect food, water or camp supplies.

I think ive been there enough times in enough adventurous ways to not depend on anyone when we hit the playa...
dj jmotion

Postby mojo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:24 pm

dj jmotion wrote:
Mojo, I will pee on you. LOL, = )...

I find that moderately bizarre, but whatever smokes your shorts....

Is that before or after you eat me?
mojo

Postby dj jmotion » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm

To clear up any confusion, since there is so much concern...

1 ticket has been very kindly donated (Thank You) and we are still in search of 2 more.

Thank you Funky Munky for offering those ticks.. Wasnt sure if it was you but someone did send an email the other day offering 2 tix and I did respond in regards to price...?

Digital Dumbfly, your and idiot and dont know whats going on...

Mojo, I will pee on you. LOL, = )... You live in the STD capital, SB.
ENOUGH SAID, NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH YOU DONT FLATTER YOURSELF...

:lol: why dont you go wash your dick off there huh pal???

And for the record we dont expect food, water or camp supplies.

I think ive been there enough times in enough adventurous ways to not depend on anyone when we hit the playa...
dj jmotion

Postby mojo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:36 pm

And you are such a pleasant individual, I'm sure everyone just can't wait to buy you tickets and have you in their camps....

So I have had enough fun here.

I wish you well and hope you have a great burn. Great snarkiness is sometimes a badge of honor.
mojo

Postby Digital-Dragonfly » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm

"Digital Dumbfly, your and idiot"

That statement says soooo much about you, Have you ever though of having you mom proof read what you write, before you hit send?

Glad you got a ticket & hope you can get 2 more for your handlers.

If you really want to piss on Mojo... at least PISS CLEAR
Digital-Dragonfly

Postby chiefdanfox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:00 pm

dj jmotion wrote:You live in the STD capital, SB.

Hmmm. I don't think SB is anywhere near the top of the list for any STD. SF, CA is tops for syphilis, I think Richmond, VA ranks #1 for the clap, and I think Mississippi, Rhode Island and Louisiana rank tops for chlamydia (it is not a flower). For cryin in a bucket kids, "No glove, no love!"

Luckily, I am old, fat, wrinkly with a mid-western wife and I can only do a dozen or so pull ups, 4 or 5 dozen ball pushups, and only about 400 bicycle situps, so I don't need to worry about that that love thing. I mean who wants to have sex with the fucking fat-ass crypt keeper anyway?
chiefdanfox

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:40 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:

-chris

Yeah it is bigger then ya think.... i think it would help if there were more burners in the military... i know of a few like pink daddy and the ones on the burning military tribe.... but other then that military is sorta like a giant bunch of frat boys..... they all look at me like i am a fucking nut job all the time, and always are like ha ha ha look at the crazy hippy, they always make fun of the way i look at things and say how certian thing are artistic, they say i am gay all the time because i hang out with men who are gay, i have nothing agents gay people but yeah the military is full of homophobic people who assume you are because of association, and I am on just about every "random" drug test.... people calling me a freek cause i fire breath... yeah i really really miss being around more burners and love when i finally get off work and can get away from base and be with more of the local burner community....
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby thirt33n » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:29 pm

hey motion-

i think you might wanna change your "show" name.
you just tanked. plus, like a majority of show names, it's pretty bad, but you're obviously still a kid so you'll learn. by the time you're 26 you'll have a different name.
blow.
thirt33n

Postby Digital-Dragonfly » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:01 pm

thirt33n wrote:hey motion-
...you're obviously still a kid, so you'll learn...

one can only hope.... :roll:
Digital-Dragonfly

Postby TomServo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:45 am

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:

-chris

Yeah it is bigger then ya think.... i think it would help if there were more burners in the military... i know of a few like pink daddy and the ones on the burning military tribe.... but other then that military is sorta like a giant bunch of frat boys..... they all look at me like i am a fucking nut job all the time, and always are like ha ha ha look at the crazy hippy, they always make fun of the way i look at things and say how certian thing are artistic, they say i am gay all the time because i hang out with men who are gay, i have nothing agents gay people but yeah the military is full of homophobic people who assume you are because of association, and I am on just about every "random" drug test.... people calling me a freek cause i fire breath... yeah i really really miss being around more burners and love when i finally get off work and can get away from base and be with more of the local burner community....

met a newbie on leave from afghanistan a couple years ago..seemed right at home. wonder if theirs some odd connection between the insanity of war and the insanity of Burning Man..AND!! Im NOT comparing Burning Man to actual combat! Just both seem surreal..in different ways.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby dj jmotion » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:44 am

http://www.zshare.net/audio/958641074c8144/

check it out...

anotha 4 the plaYa
dj jmotion

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 am

Funky Monkey Mech wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:

-chris

No offense to the military but there is a reason there is so much weirdness about gays in the military.
It's because there is nothing MORE homosexual than the military.
A bunch of men camping together and running around with machinery and weapons doing manly things with other men.

Here's a real dj to hire.
viewtopic.php?t=24912
gyre

Postby thirt33n » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 am

the military used to be the literal meaning of 'homosexual' until they started enlisting women. gyre, you know there's women in the military don't you?:P

hey thanks for the new mix jmo.
blow.
thirt33n

Postby Orchid » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 am

thirt33n wrote:the military used to be the literal meaning of 'homosexual' until they started enlisting women. gyre, you know there's women in the military don't you?:P

In fact, one of them just got 4 stars: http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=300092

~Orchid
Veteran, USMC
Orchid

Previous

Return to Get Involved!