Magical award winning Manchester band want to play - space?

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Magical award winning Manchester band want to play - space?

Postby almeidagirl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi there. My name is Kirsty Almeida and I run a band in the UK. I have just won an award for my writing and performing in the UK music scene and am getting my band out on tour with the industry. Are there any good slots going at the burning man and can anyone tell me if there is any way of getting paid so aI can get my band out to play... All help woould be great. I love your gorgeous festival and I know our music would be truly magical and fun for you all... Kx
almeidagirl

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:06 pm

The company that runs burning man is unlikely to pay for a band; they tend to pay for the plastic arts. Read up on the grant process. You'll find a link on the burningman.com website.
It's a "no commerce" event. (Or before the nitpickers come out of the woodwork, an almost no commerce event.) You wont be able to put out a tip jar or be sponcered by a commercial entity under their banner or anything like that. If some eccentric millionaire choses to pay your way in exchange for x performances that's your business, so long as you keep quiet about it.
I'm sure others will have more to add, but the best plan is to go for the love of it and perform for the love of it.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby asp3 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:57 am

I just listened to the songs you have posted on myspace and I'd definitely come to see you if you play on the playa. If you can't get the band there maybe you can find some musicians who are going who can back you so that you can perform if you do make it there.

Good luck and I hope that you have a great experience at Burning Man if you make it there.
Immature beyond my years
asp3

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 am

I didn't know they couldn't even pass the hat.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to Get Involved!