VOLUNTEERING

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

VOLUNTEERING

Postby SpaceCowboy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:45 pm

Is it too early to submit a volunteer questionnaire for 2008? If you are unsure what to volunteer for can you check more than one? Would it be better to submit the questionnaire once you know for sure what you wish to do? I do have it narrowed down to Lamplighters or Recycle camp or the ice concession. Are there any opinions (I'am sure not here) or experiences with either group that you would like to share?
SpaceCowboy

Postby asp3 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:13 pm

I don't know if it's too early to fill out the form, but you might want to check out the topic I started in the Experiences at Burning Man forum. I asked for peoples best and worst volunteer experiences and related mine after coming back this year.

viewtopic.php?t=20067
Immature beyond my years
asp3

Postby SpaceCowboy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:50 am

Thanks for the info. I found the site you reference to be helpful.
SpaceCowboy

Postby bdeywoo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm

I can say my best time last year was doing the ice sales @ 9. I spent the whole day in a freezing truck hauling around blocks and bags of ice for very thankfull people. It was a blast and I hope to be able to participate next year for many more day than this. It was my first time in 4 years working, when the day was done we even got tips which wonderfully paid for quite a few peoples ice in line.
bdeywoo

Return to Get Involved!