BIRTH DEATH ARSON HORRIBLE '08 THEME?!!?

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

BIRTH DEATH ARSON HORRIBLE '08 THEME?!!?

Postby DAISY PLAYA DUCK » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Where the heck is news from the playa? Was a baby really born on the playa the night of the Man Burn? Did three people perish? Is the guy who burned the man really going to face arson charges and are they fuckin serious about the American Dream theme, I hope its a joke, it sure sounds like one? I'm home to my default life and I feel like I'm blind!! I unfortunately cannot attend an afterburn or decompression party, so how to find out what when went on and what is going on!?!?
Love,
Daisy McCrackin
(5 time Burner, BRC Citizen)
DAISY PLAYA DUCK

Postby DAISY PLAYA DUCK » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:14 pm

GOOD QUESTION!! I DONT KNOW! Hopefully someone will answer!!
DAISY PLAYA DUCK

Postby AntiM » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:50 pm

Patience, grasshopper.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Toolmaker » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Yes there was an arsonist that recklessly endangered the lives of volunteer workers that were working and sleeping under the man. Yes he was apprehended and is in custody.. possibly in Lovelock. It will be a federal case since it was on federal land.

Yes there was a birth.

Yes the theme will be what participants make it as always.

There were some injuries that were pretty bad. Poor Elliot will lose the foot from what I hear, but he was warned about using the ladder properly numerous times. Trying to ascend or descend a ladder backwards on a moving art car while drunk is just plain dumb and now he may pay an awful price for his actions.

I also saw a campmate cut into his hand to the point of needing stitches but thankfully someone had some crazy glue.

I have a small burn on my face from when the gas dripped from the poi but its very minor.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Re: BIRTH DEATH ARSON HORRIBLE '08 THEME?!!?

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:34 pm

DAISY PLAYA DUCK wrote:Where the heck is news from the playa? Was a baby really born on the playa the night of the Man Burn? Did three people perish? Is the guy who burned the man really going to face arson charges and are they fuckin serious about the American Dream theme, I hope its a joke, it sure sounds like one? I'm home to my default life and I feel like I'm blind!! I unfortunately cannot attend an afterburn or decompression party, so how to find out what when went on and what is going on!?!?
Love,
Daisy McCrackin
(5 time Burner, BRC Citizen)

No! someone was airing some scripts from a soap!

Don't worry your pretty little head! the man burnt all is well

See Ya next year!
Apollonaris Zeus

Return to Get Involved!